State of Origin Game I - QLD vs NSW

Yeah the term star in Origin Star is yet to be determined except for 4th take McGuire and forgot how to offload Gillo...

Wait till at least Wednesday, preferably end of series.

Doesn’t matter how they play to the media. If they are named in an Origin team, they they are an ‘Origin Star...’

Kunt just can't let it go.

Good that Kev doesn't back down even a fraction. What else was he supposed to do? I guarantee that if he was honest with the journos, but asked if they could delay the news until the team had been made aware, it would have been on twitter within 30 seconds.

I actually reckon we're a big chance tonight.

I wasn't confident a few days ago, but all of this noise about NSW being the clear favourites has me quietly confident. They have a lot of X-Factor style players, almost too many, several of them won't have any impact, and guess what, most of them can't defend and are ill-disciplined.

Regardless of anything, the odds are way off. We're out to $3 last I checked....this isn't club football ffs. Not so worried about their backs, it's the halves and forwards that concern me most. Either they slaughter us, or we win in a tight one.

I actually reckon we're a big chance tonight.

I wasn't confident a few days ago, but all of this noise about NSW being the clear favourites has me quietly confident. They have a lot of X-Factor style players, almost too many, several of them won't have any impact, and guess what, most of them can't defend and are ill-disciplined.
It's classic NSW, "WE ARE SOO GOOD, DEPTH AND FORM, WE ARE THE GREATEST" meanwhile Qld just sitting back saying "well, they've already got this game won have they....we'll see about that"
NSW carry on like this every single year. Even when we had Lockyer, Smith, Thurston, Price, Civa, etc etc etc they'd carry on "THIS IS OUR YEAAAARRR'

The sad thing is one day they'll be right. Hopefully not this year, it's gonna be mega glorious if we beat them with Inglis as captain, and this team of "nobody's"

We are right where we love to be. Underdogs. NSW somehow favourites even with 11 debutants. Qld by 12 and a series cleansweep.

Four in a row for the third time.

In reality, 24-12 NSW. Wishful thinking 22-20 QLD

Cleary will shit the bed big time tonight. I hope the forwards have been instructed to smash Maloney, because if he is quiet QLD will win.

I think it will be close but NSW will edge it. We just don't have the strike power they do. And our spine doesn't exactly intimidate.

I think it will be close but NSW will edge it. We just don't have the strike power they do. And our spine doesn't exactly intimidate.

Our only hope is their inexperience gets the better of them.

But I doubt it will. NSW have it won this year.

Bhunt is more likely to shit the bed than Cleary.

Maybe. If he sticks to running, he'll be alright. But if he tries to 'game manage' we'll be fucked. Munster will really have to step up, that's why Joey and co have been heaping the pressure on him all week.

If Maloney plays well and has time and space, Cleary will play well. If Maloney gets shut down, Cleary will be quiet imo.

Active Now

• john1420
  • Broncs1459
  • johnyE
  • ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • Justwin
  • Big Del
  • Swordfish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrMoore
  • Fatboy
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.