State of Origin Game I - QLD vs NSW

I just really hope Milf steps up. For him to become the player we need, he has to become a successful origin player. He's a big game player, and we've seen hints at him getting back to running the ball the last few weeks.

I just really hope Milf steps up. For him to become the player we need, he has to become a successful origin player. He's a big game player, and we've seen hints at him getting back to running the ball the last few weeks.

How many minutes do you really expect him to get?

How many minutes do you really expect him to get?

Depends on how the game is going. If it is tight going into the second half, he will finish the last twenty minutes or so of the game while it is there to be won.

It's not really how many minutes he gets, it's what he does with the time he gets. He needs to make an impact, and the only way he can do that is to do what he does best.

We'll get pumped unfortunately.
I've never been less confident in a QLD team than this year. Our spine sucks, our backs are decent but not fantastic, our forwards are good, but hardly top tier.

Normally I'd say Locky, Thurston, Smith, etc would get us home, but I don't see anyone in this team who can do that.

Would love a win, but I'm not expecting it.

If Morgan plays full back we are screwed imo. I think the best option is Munster at fullback as he is more mobile and better defensively to counteract their speed on the edges. I’m fine with Morgan at 6 and Hunt at 7. Munster can still chime in on the edges in attack and through the middle in support play. I just think NSW kicking game and speed will show Morgan up big time at fullback.

I reckon NSW are being a bit overrated. They have weaknesses, especially in defence out wide.

It should be Milf at six for his combination with Hunt and Macca and Munster at FB. Morgan covers more positions off the bench.

Morgan shouldn't be there at all on form, but it is what it is. All the people crying about Milf's form either don't watch Broncos games or don't understand how his style of play has evolved/ changed this year. He's THE half in a team that's 7-5 with multiple rep players injured and half of his spine (Niko and Boyd) woefully out of form during the start of the season, although they are slowly improving.

If Morgan plays full back we are screwed imo. I think the best option is Munster at fullback as he is more mobile and better defensively to counteract their speed on the edges. I’m fine with Morgan at 6 and Hunt at 7. Munster can still chime in on the edges in attack and through the middle in support play. I just think NSW kicking game and speed will show Morgan up big time at fullback.

Overall Morgan has done quite a remarkable job in his time at fullback. Apart from the Storm game, he has been quite good at the back for the Cowboys this year. He has showed that he is a good defender, has good positioning and is good at setting up his outside men. His running game is also a big threat. His support play is also quite good at the back.

I fail to see how Munster is any better.

Overall Morgan has done quite a remarkable job in his time at fullback. Apart from the Storm game, he has been quite good at the back for the Cowboys this year. He has showed that he is a good defender, has good positioning and is good at setting up his outside men. His running game is also a big threat. His support play is also quite good at the back.

From what I’ve seen of Morgan this year he has been quite average. Looks hampered by injury when trying to stride out. Hence I think Munster will provide more speed in covering defence. Happy to be proven wrong tonight. Do we know the actual run inside yet?

I actually reckon we're a big chance tonight.

I wasn't confident a few days ago, but all of this noise about NSW being the clear favourites has me quietly confident. They have a lot of X-Factor style players, almost too many, several of them won't have any impact, and guess what, most of them can't defend and are ill-disciplined.

I reckon latrell Mitchell will be the weakest link. Contain him early and then he'll crack late in the game.

Morgan has been terrible all season, no matter where he's played. He's back to being nothing but a centre.

From memory Morgan has only played fullback twice this year.

Hampton was fullback for the first 5 rounds then Coote for the next 5 and again in rd 13 with Morgan out on origin duty. Previous to that was what 2014 when he played a season at fullback.

To me the biggest risk is this is origin football... not club land.

I would still have question marks over his defusing of kicks especially the kind of torps that Cleary will be raining down.

Munster is the alternative and he has shown everytime that he's had to fill in for Slater that he is an origin level fullback. In attack and defense.

It just seems a massive risk to play Morgan at 1 (even though the majority of his games have been at 6) and Munster at 6 (even though the majority of his games have been at 1).

I said elsewhere I'd prefer Milf at 6 due to his combinaion with hunt and macca and also playing under kevvie with those 2 as a spine. If things get tough they can revert to muscle memory knowing the capabilities of each other

I don't think Munster is accomplished enough as a 6 to be warranting automatic selection there, especially given how strong a fullback he is.

Morgan has been terrible all season, no matter where he's played. He's back to being nothing but a centre.

I can't believe he's in the team at all, but now I just can't believe he's not going to be a bench player. Rocks in Kevvie's head if he doesn't put the old Broncos halves in the halves, and Munster up the back.

have a feeling we'll be just fine tonight.

Munster would have provided a lot more talk at fb then Morgan will , it really worries me that they are risking Morgan ( who is severely out of form)
It should have been Munster at fb,
Milf to 6 and Morgan to stay on the bench for injury cover

Image1528255898606038

Active Now

• mieko
  • sooticus
  • Broncosgirl
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • Shane Tronc
  • Porthoz
  • Lurker
  • maddo
  • Fatboy
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.