State Of Origin - General Discussion

I think it's way too early for Ponga, but if he keeps it up, I'd be picking him in 2020.
Maybe 2019, if Munster doesn't go back to fullback.

All things being equal, and Ponga builds on his current form and steadily progresses over the season. I’m not sure there will be a better fullback in the league. He’s a kid, his playing his first real season of NRL, and he’s already carrying the Knights. I don’t think you could possibly overstate his potential. And he’s a Queenslander God bless him.

All things being equal, and Ponga builds on his current form and steadily progresses over the season. I’m not sure there will be a better fullback in the league. He’s a kid, his playing his first real season of NRL, and he’s already carrying the Knights. I don’t think you could possibly overstate his potential. And he’s a Queenslander God bless him.

Yep completely agree. That said, it is still too early for him this year.

Hard to believe he was another one the Broncos let go from their system.

Yep completely agree. That said, it is still too early for him this year.

Hard to believe he was another one the Broncos let go from their system.

If I had to buy any fullback on a 3 yr deal right now, regardless of pric. It would be Ponga.

Can't help but feel pessimistic about this series, maybe that's just my broncos vibe talking.

I think we are gonna have a couple years weeding out the lingering legends (Boyd, Slater, Inglis not in form) and then a couple years rebuilding with future legends. (Holmes, gagai, ponglord, milf, Hess)

Gillett injury is pretty brutal for Broncos & Queensland, especially with Papalii playing poorly. Guerra is playing some decent footy, I think he'll be the man to benefit, we need some experience in there to replace Gillett, he's really the only option.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Papalii
12. Guerra
13. McGuire

14. Hunt
15. Hess
16. Wallace
17. Arrow

We might be in some trouble.

You’re forgetting Cooper, he’ll be in there.

Gillett injury is pretty brutal for Broncos & Queensland, especially with Papalii playing poorly. Guerra is playing some decent footy, I think he'll be the man to benefit, we need some experience in there to replace Gillett, he's really the only option.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Papalii
12. Guerra
13. McGuire

14. Hunt
15. Hess
16. Wallace
17. Arrow

We might be in some trouble.

I wouldn't rule out Ethan Lowe.

He's been pushing for a spot for the past couple of years. He has been in the conversation with selectors when deciding on back rowers.

He can goal kick, as well.

I wouldn't rule out Ethan Lowe.

He's been pushing for a spot for the past couple of years. He has been in the conversation with selectors when deciding on back rowers.

He can goal kick, as well.

Coming off the bench for the Cows probably isn't doing him any favours. Guerra is starting, playing 80 minutes and getting through a mountain of work, he's averaging nearly 40 tackles per game on the season, that's Gillett levels of work for an edge backrower.

Speaking of which, I think Ryan Matterson has played himself in to a Blues jumper this year, he's averaging 37 tackles per game, is scoring tries regularly and is doing some damaging runs, he's playing far better than guys like Wade Graham & Josh Jackson.

Coming off the bench for the Cows probably isn't doing him any favours. Guerra is starting, playing 80 minutes and getting through a mountain of work, he's averaging nearly 40 tackles per game on the season, that's Gillett levels of work for an edge backrower.

Speaking of which, I think Ryan Matterson has played himself in to a Blues jumper this year, he's averaging 37 tackles per game, is scoring tries regularly and is doing some damaging runs, he's playing far better than guys like Wade Graham & Josh Jackson.

Yeah but he won't be unseating Jackson, no one will. He is the type of overrated player that doesn't really add anything despite commentators loving him for some reason that NSW loves.

Cook did himself no harm last night that's for sure. Obviously he needs to maintain it.

Yeah but he won't be unseating Jackson, no one will. He is the type of overrated player that doesn't really add anything despite commentators loving him for some reason that NSW loves.

He’s good for a man of the match performance

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.