10. David Klemmer
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Ryan Matterson
15. Wade Graham
16. Nathan Brown
17. Jack de Belin

This team would have me moderately worried.

Even Broncos fans are snubbing Bird & Roberts.

For QLD I'd go:

1. Slater, 2. Boyd, 3. GI, 4. Chambers/ Munster (preference would be to flick Chambers because he's a grub and in shit form), 5. Gagai, 6. Munster/ Milf, 7. DCE, 8. Scott, 9. Smith, 10. McGuire, 11. Kaufusi, 12. Hess, 13. Arrow (if he's picked he has to start), 14. Morgan, 15. Wallace, 16. Bolton/ Glasby/ Napa (Napa is seriously, seriously shit though), 17. Papa.

Qld need to keep the gen next coming through:

1. Slater (Munster if he has retired)
2. Oates
3. GI
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster (Milford if Slater has retired)
7. Morgan
8. Napa
9. Smith (c)
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Kaufusi
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Scott
16. McGuire
17. Hess

Anyone else struggling to care about Origin this year? Or the last 5?

NSW:

1. TT
2. Man-is-sour
3. Row-boats
4. Scoot
5. Adookut
6. Henriques
7. Baloney
8. RPG
9. Pete's Sake
10. Vroom
11. Cords-of-love
12. Fritz Lang
13. JT

14. The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance
15. The Chime
16. Climber
17. Kilo

I think McInnes has a good chance of nabbing the hooker spot. He has been in better form than Peats.

Koroisau is also a good chance.

According to Andrew Webster there's only 4 players "guaranteed" a spot in the Game 1 team.

Boyd Cordner, Tyson Frizell, James Maloney & Reagan Campbell-Gillard.

Am I crazy or are people majorly overhyping RCG? He's been ok.. but he's certainly not setting the world on fire..

He's averaging 9 runs for 96 metres per game & only has 1 offload for the season. As a Queenslander, I'd be stoked if they pick him.

I find it hard to believe that RCG is considered a guarantee

RCG is better than Woods and so it makes sense he is guaranteed.

8. RCG / Vaughn
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. JTurbo

15. Vaughn / RCG

This makes a lot of sense.

According to Andrew Webster there's only 4 players "guaranteed" a spot in the Game 1 team.

Boyd Cordner, Tyson Frizell, James Maloney & Reagan Campbell-Gillard.

Am I crazy or are people majorly overhyping RCG? He's been ok.. but he's certainly not setting the world on fire..

He's averaging 9 runs for 96 metres per game & only has 1 offload for the season. As a Queenslander, I'd be stoked if they pick him.

He's got some real talent, but maybe not quite ready yet. I'd say Vaughan should be the guarantee instead.

I don't mind the Blues picking Maloney every year. He's still hands down the worst defender in the comp by a country mile.

He already has 51 missed tackles this year, the next closest are Hiku with 30 & Moses with 28.

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Hess
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Napa
16. Glasby
17. Kaufusi

DCE will get one more shot at claiming this team I think. But I would love to see Ashley Taylor given a go.

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Hess
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Napa
16. Glasby
17. Kaufusi

DCE will get one more shot at claiming this team I think. But I would love to see Ashley Taylor given a go.

Very, very close to the team I'd go with. I think Cooper was only in the team for his combination with JT however, he's superrr average without him. Replace him with Papalii and replace Kaufusi with Arrow and that'd be my team.

Very, very close to the team I'd go with. I think Cooper was only in the team for his combination with JT however, he's superrr average without him. Replace him with Papalii and replace Kaufusi with Arrow and that'd be my team.

Cooper is a big body veteran who we could really use on the left edge. I think he can still do a job and Papalii's form this season hasn't exactly set the world on fire, but I'd be happy with Papalii if Cooper isn't selected. And I think Kaufusi is above Arrow in the pecking order at this point. Arrow will be great, but Kaufusi has been knocking on the door for a couple of seasons. He's ready, Arrow is still a bit raw.

No way should Hess be starting IMO. He's been fucking terrible this year and still pretty much a rookie.

It's certainly not ideal, but we have very few options with the Gillett injury. The "safest" option is probably starting Papalii & Guerra or Cooper & Guerra, but I'm not sure that's the recipe for winning an Origin series..

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Hess
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Napa
16. Glasby
17. Kaufusi

This is going to be one of the worst QLD teams in over a decade, possibly since 04. Nightmares for days!

Morgan has been rubbish this year, I'd have Hunt in the 14, and agree with those who say Hess shouldn't be started. He's half the cowboys problem this year imo.
I'd also like Oates on the wing for one more big body, but can't see how he will fit in....unless Chambers gets dropped and Gagai into the centres.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Big Del
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • john1420
  • Allo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.