State Of Origin - General Discussion

**** that actually, I'm pretty sure Oates should be on the bench for us, he's enormous, versatile enough to cover any injuries in the backs & edge forwards as well.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Papalii
12. Kaufusi
13. McGuire

14. Hunt
15. Wallace
16. Hess
17. Oates
He's kind of the ultimate utility in this current line-up of origin players.

Oates was pretty ordinary in the centres. Defensively, a bit of a nightmare.

And the last time he played at fullback.. Well, let's just say Bennett had a field day with him.

He can cover wing, that's about it. He can play in the forwards but without any game time there, he would have to be zero chance.

Oates was pretty ordinary in the centres. Defensively, a bit of a nightmare.

And the last time he played at fullback.. Well, let's just say Bennett had a field day with him.

He can cover wing, that's about it. He can play in the forwards but without any game time there, he would have to be zero chance.
But you would shuffle other players in that scenario. He could fill in at wing or the forwards, but anywhere else, I agree, he would most likely suck. At second row he would carve up.

I haven’t liked Gagai’s form this year. For me it’s...

1. Slater
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Holmes

I know Gagai has been immense for QLD. But is he off at the moment? Also...

6. Munster
7. Morgan
14. Hunt

Gagai is literally never good at club level, you HAVE to pick him for Queensland though, he's been the best player on the field for us nearly every game he's pulled on the jumper.

Gagai is literally never good at club level, you HAVE to pick him for Queensland though, he's been the best player on the field for us nearly every game he's pulled on the jumper.

But he does have the ability to **** things up. Bricks for hands...bad defensive reads.....appalling missed tackles

thank **** he's kept it out of his SOO game, but a player of that nature....it only has to be a matter of time before he costs us a game/series.

1. Slater
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Holmes

I like this. Chambers at his best, is better than Gagai's best. Oates is demanding selection....atm.

Gagai is a gun winger, so-so centre. But he'll only get picked on the wing at Origin.

I don't think you can drop him. Wasn't he the player of the year last year? He hasn't had a poor game yet.

If anyones form is deserving of a drop, it's Holmes, I think they'll go back to Darius & Inglis on the left, it's tried and tested.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Morgan
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Napa
11. Papalii
12. Kaufusi
13. McGuire

14. Hunt
15. Wallace
16. Hess
17. Oates / Glasby / Arrow

That's my guess, right now. Possibly swapping Hunt & Morgan, pending form closer to Origin.

Gagai is a gun winger, so-so centre. But he'll only get picked on the wing at Origin.

I don't think you can drop him. Wasn't he the player of the year last year? He hasn't had a poor game yet.

But he has one in him.......let's hope it won't count.

If anyones form is deserving of a drop, it's Holmes, I think they'll go back to Darius & Inglis on the left, it's tried and tested.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Morgan
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Napa
11. Papalii
12. Kaufusi
13. McGuire

14. Hunt
15. Wallace
16. Hess
17. Oates / Glasby / Arrow

That's my guess, right now. Possibly swapping Hunt & Morgan, pending form closer to Origin.

Hess has been pretty shit this year.....

Hess has been pretty shit this year.....

4 tries, 5 line-breaks & 100+ metres per game.

Not shit enough to be dropped, and he's been good for QLD. Lack of other options also.

Guerra has been good over the past month.

He is surely ahead of Oates for a backrow spot.

Oates should play wing before Boyd does. Probably won’t happen and won’t be the world’s biggest controversy either way but I think he offers more at this point. Though Boyd has a few weeks to earn that spot and he definitely has the potential to.

Oates on the wing. He has to be. Not just his beast mode, but his kick returns etc. Gagai can have the other wing, he's been exceptional for Queensland. Holmes misses out.

Oates should play wing before Boyd does. Probably won’t happen and won’t be the world’s biggest controversy either way but I think he offers more at this point. Though Boyd has a few weeks to earn that spot and he definitely has the potential to.

I think that 50 or so metre break Boyd made last night was the longest run he's made in years, honestly can't remember the last time he's made more than 5 or 10 metres with a run.

Oates on the wing for sure.

Boyd was much better last night, still has some wheels it seems when he wants to.

Gagai will be one of the first backs picked, no way he is left out and definitely not for Holmes.

I think that 50 or so metre break Boyd made last night was the longest run he's made in years, honestly can't remember the last time he's made more than 5 or 10 metres with a run.

Oates on the wing for sure.

And if you watched he had a slightly shortened stride. He was either tight or nervous about his hamies.

And if you watched he had a slightly shortened stride. He was either tight or nervous about his hamies.

Absolutely, I was hoping he'd put the foot down but he was still only doing half strides, he's clearly still concerned about the hammy. If he got as much space as he did last night in 2014 it would've been game over.

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Jedhead
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • Wendall Taylor
  • heartly87
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Fatboy
  • ozzball
  • kman
  • mitch222
  • Thelmus
  • MrRobot
  • leon.bott
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.