State Of Origin - General Discussion

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
What Great Northern deal?

Apparently at Suncorp they will be able to sell XXXX in tents while the game is not being played.

Great Northern will be replacing XXXX at Suncorp Stadium.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Brand loyalty is hilarious to me. I bet most Queenslanders who are outraged are the same ones who never buy a carton of XXXX. It may be a bit different if XXXX was still a QLD owned company, but not by much. The company itself showed how loyal they are to the region by selling out to the Japanese many moons ago.

While the parent maybe Japanese, Lion Nathan has it's roots down here in Aussie and Kiwi.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Horrible was an overstatement actually, I can drink it. I just find it disgraceful that they sell it, watered down, for $8.50.
It's drinkable but definitely not the best beer

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/9fe41e1b5c7a7a35bd6062a6883800ad

NORTH Queensland’s horrendous form will not cost Gavin Cooper his Queensland jumper, with the Cowboys back-rower set to be retained for Origin I.
As he prepares to face his former club Penrith on Friday night in Bathurst, The Courier-Mail understands Cooper only has to stay fit to clinch the Queensland No. 11 jumper for the series opener at the MCG.
The Cowboys are languishing in equal last spot, and their shock early season free fall has delivered a jolt to the Origin selection hopes of star duo Michael Morgan and Coen Hess.
But Queensland coach Kevin Walters is backing Cooper at a time when the Maroons’ back-row stocks have been eroded by injuries to Broncos Origin incumbents Josh McGuire (ankle) and Matt Gillett (neck).
Cooper was blooded by Walters in the 2016 series to help capitalise on his left-edge alliance with Cowboys champion Johnathan Thurston, who has retired from the Origin arena this season.
There were fears Thurston’s absence could have selection ramifications for Cooper, but the injury-ravaged Maroons are banking on the 32-year-old’s experience to help stave off a NSW uprising.
While Cooper’s Origin bona fides will be tested by a monster Penrith pack tomorrow night, he dismissed suggestions he is among the Cowboys’ 30-somethings who are on the wane as NRL players.
“We don’t come to training and watch the tape (of games) and think we are old,” Cooper said.
“There’s pressure on us all the time. We have set the expectations high because of the form we’ve set in recent years.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I don't see why would play Cooper, he's really not good without Thurston, which we'll discover in Game 1 if we decide to play him.

I guess we're going with the whole loyalty thing again, I assume McGuire & Glasby will race the clock and be fit, which means this'll be our pack for G1.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Cooper
12. Papalii
13. McGuire

14. Hunt/Ponga
15. Wallace
16. Glasby
17. Hess

Yuck.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Beer is shit
80a.gif

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I don't see why would play Cooper, he's really not good without Thurston, which we'll discover in Game 1 if we decide to play him.

Yuck.

He was enormous without JT at the back end of last year, just sayin.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • Bongo
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.