State Of Origin - General Discussion

Big question for me is does DCE deserve another shot or is a turd in the punch bowl? He was also useless when he had his last (albeit limited) shot at halves but at moment Morgan is out of sorts and Hunt still isn’t a halfback (and Munster will be at 5/8 who isn’t Widdop who will do a lot of the halfback work for him). Gut feeling is DCE doesn’t fit in with team cohesion and is a bit of a Pearce at origin level but open to ideas?

For me
1. Slater
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Morgan
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Cooper
12. Kafusi
13. McGuire (on strict orders to play as a prop)
14. Hunt (prefer Milf but if Smith or Morgan goes down leaves too thin on playmaking with Munster a running 5/8 and hooker cover)
15. Wallace
16. Papali
17. Arrow

If injuries or form have:
18. Glasby
19. Holmes
20. Hess (out of form however)
21. Milf
22. DCE
23. Friend

Boyd has no where earned a run and the whole Inglis Boyd combo talk for me is too far in the past rather than based on evidence or form or fitness for last couple of years.

Note that leaves Broncs with only 2 players. Realistically Oates likely will not get a run (and would need to fix his hands up still for me to keep him) so might only be 1. Bird too out of sorts and Roberts less favoured - would this the lowest ever Broncs sent to origin (excluding super league of course)?

For me this is getting towards an old style QLD underdog team where limited options for selections mean players have to exceed their NRL form and impact by will and belief instead of the dominant playing group of last decade (not that these guys didn’t do that as well when required but were less related on it). Hope Walters can get the players to buy into the legends and culture. Still have a lot of firepower but NSW have doubled their chances with Pearce injured. Good news is a lot of NSW players have injury and form issues too and they don’t have any legend status players.

Last edited:
I'm not overly pleased with it, but I'm almost certain it'll be

6. Munster
7. Morgan

14. Hunt

For game 1, at the very least.

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Chambers
4. Inglis
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Morgan
8. Wallace
9. Smith
10. Scott
11. Napa
12. Kafusi
13. Guerra

14. Hunt
15. Papalli
16. Hess
17. Oates
Anyone except DCE I think Mcqiure will b long term injury.
18. Milford
19. Arrow
20. Welch
21. Ponga

Last edited:
NRL being a fucking dumbshits they are, have signed a beer sponsorship for Origin with VB. They didn't give two ***** that the teams are already sponsored by a competitor.

**** I hate Greenburg.

All to appease the Melbourne origin which shouldn’t even have one.

What beer do they drink it in Adelaide? Bet there the next sponsor when they play there

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Chambers
4. Inglis
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Morgan
8. Wallace
9. Smith
10. Scott
11. Napa
12. Kafusi
13. Guerra

14. Hunt
15. Papalli
16. Hess
17. Oates
Anyone except DCE I think Mcqiure will b long term injury.
18. Milford
19. Arrow
20. Welch
21. Ponga

Why Napa in the backrow?

You want your backrowers to be mobile and he isn't that.

All to appease the Melbourne origin which shouldn’t even have one.

What beer do they drink it in Adelaide? Bet there the next sponsor when they play there

Toohey's from what I keep hearing.

Toohey's and VB.

So how will this work? One beer sponsor over the entire telecast, one beer sponsor on one team's jersey and one on the other?

Meanwhile a rambling gossip columnist who resembles an alcoholic with his media rants will talk (down) up the game before and after?

So how will this work? One beer sponsor over the entire telecast, one beer sponsor on one team's jersey and one on the other?

Meanwhile a rambling gossip columnist who resembles an alcoholic with his media rants will talk (down) up the game before and after?

[HASHTAG]#talkupthegame[/HASHTAG]

We are an equal opportunity sport. All the beers are welcome.

We are an equal opportunist sport. All the spuds with an opinion and powerful contacts are welcome.

Why Napa in the backrow?

You want your backrowers to be mobile and he isn't that.
He is a good defender, big body n not use too much energy than push him to font row when Scott comes off an Papa to second row to do some damage running at halves with fresh legs.

Upload 2018 5 1 18 20 33

The worst disciplined players in the comp could easily be the forward pack for the Blues lol, we'll keep winning Origin as long as they keep picking dickheads.

Sucks that Fifita won't be there this year, nothing makes me happier than him giving away penalties and making unforced errors in Origin.

Gilly has said that the Maroons team will still be drinking XXXX in the sheds after the game even though it's not being sold at Suncorp.

A bit of a **** you to the people that brokered the new deal with Great Northern.

Gilly has said that the Maroons team will still be drinking XXXX in the sheds after the game even though it's not being sold at Suncorp.

A bit of a **** you to the people that brokered the new deal with Great Northern.

What Great Northern deal?

Apparently at Suncorp they will be able to sell XXXX in tents while the game is not being played.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Dash
  • Bish
  • Organix
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
  • theshed
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.