10. Wallace
11. Lowe
12. Cooper
13. McGuire

14. Papali
15. Hess
16. Napa
17. Kafusi

That's what I think will be picked. Holmes unlucky to miss out but Boyd is an absolute cert on the wing outside of Inglis. Apart from Lowe, I've just thrown him in cause I like him and he's a decent 2nd rower in his own right. You could put Kafusi there and bring in someone else.

Last edited:
Damien Cook would have to be the front runner for the hooker spot after this game.

Yep, no Pearce now makes origin a far more even bet for NSW.

1. Tedesco
2. Furgo
3. Dugan
4. Aitkin/Latrell
5. T Turbo
6. Green/Maloney
7. Cleary/Maloney
8. Klemmer
9. McInnes
10. Vaughn/Boyd
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. JDB

14. Graham
15. J Turbo
16. Ryan James
17. Vaughn/Boyd

1. Slater
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. McGuire
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Guerra
12. F Kaufusi
13. Arrow

14. B Hunt
15. Wallace
16. Hess/Scott
17. Papali

QLD forward depth is in big trouble this year

Last edited:
Isn’t Cleary injured

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=7fcd6a560bf4e1375e29703fd76f5b15-1524452987

LAST year it was the threat of his dad’s undercooked chicken; now Nathan Cleary wants to defy doctor’s orders and put himself back in the frame for Origin selection with a return against Ivan Cleary’s Wests Tigers in Round 11.
The grade three medial ligament tear that Cleary suffered to his left knee in Round 3 looked to have put him out of contention for New South Wales selection but the 20-year-old is confident he can be back on the field in as little as eight weeks.

I'm actually not sold on Tedesco being a lock for Origin to be honest.. It's very close between him and Turbo. I imagine Tedesco will probably get the nod purely for the fact that Tom can play on the wing without issue, but as a Queensander, I would be considerably more concerned with TT at the back.

Here are their stats, for reference.

Tedesco - 7 games, 2 tries, 3 try assists, 6 line-breaks, 39 tackle breaks, 164.6 average metres.
Turbo - 6 games, 1 try, 5 try assists, 6 line-breaks, 23 tackle breaks, 148.7 average metres.

I also want to re-apply my Kalyn Ponga to make his Origin debut application to anyone who will listen, I don't see how we avoid picking this kid, he's so damn good.

1st in tackle breaks
1st in line-break assists
3rd in try assists
3rd in kick return metres

Ponga - 7 games, 1 try, 7 try assists, 8 line-break assists, 5 line-breaks, 57 tackle breaks, 143.1 average metres.

Well, Slater is blocking Ponga's way at the moment. It's only his first real year in FG too. If he can keep playing like this, I'm all for him being there next year.

You'd have to think he'll be in camp at the very least

Can't read the whole article on DT, but the part I can says it's between Bird and Keary to partner Baloney at the moment. I'd be happy with either one: Bird because he's nowhere near Origin stardard in the halves (so far), and Keary because it's a friggin QLDer playing for NSW. It would be funny if he turned out to be good for them.

Glasby out for 6 weeks with a broken thumb.

Jai Arrow firming for a bench spot.

**** that actually, I'm pretty sure Oates should be on the bench for us, he's enormous, versatile enough to cover any injuries in the backs & edge forwards as well.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Papalii
12. Kaufusi
13. McGuire

14. Hunt
15. Wallace
16. Hess
17. Oates

How bad is McGuire’s ankle? If not good, he might be forming for a start.

**** that actually, I'm pretty sure Oates should be on the bench for us, he's enormous, versatile enough to cover any injuries in the backs & edge forwards as well.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Papalii
12. Kaufusi
13. McGuire

14. Hunt
15. Wallace
16. Hess
17. Oates

Yeah I’m sure Oates is penciled I’m on the bench.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.