Storm for Wooden Spoon - Betting Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge, no mate.

If Cronulla could afford to pay players $1.3m extra, they wouldn't give it to their current squad. They would make major signings of the big name players in the game like your Lockyers, Slaters, Smiths, Thurstons and therefore would have a superior squad because of that. And that's the advantage that Melbourne gained. The money didn't make the players play better, it kept the players at the club. Had they not cheated, at least a few of their rep players including 1 of the Big 4 would be elsewhere by now and their squad would not have been as strong.

If that's what you meant.

Also robbie, exactly why did you find that passage nauseating ??? Is it your belief that players cannot feel happy and content nor can they feel an allegiance (affinity,love) for a team, teammates,club and or coach ?? Are you saying, players won't stay at a club because they feel like they're part of something or have a bond with the coach like Wayne Bennett had with so many ??? Do you believe a high profile player will never want to live a quiet existence in a city that is not rugby league mad. How can these basic human qualities offend you so deeply. Things like loyalty ,affection for a fellow player or playing group. A desire for a quieter life is offensive to you. How is it possible that your anger sees you denying those most elemental traits and actions.

People have fought for their countries and other causes with less motivation than those mentioned yet somehow they are not powerful enough to convince you that a player may wish to stay where he is , simply because he likes it there and the moneys nearish to what he could command elsewhere.

Huge. said:
Also robbie, exactly why did you find that passage nauseating ??? Is it your belief that players cannot feel happy and content nor can they feel an allegiance (affinity,love) for a team, teammates,club and or coach ?? Are you saying, players won't stay at a club because they feel like they're part of something or have a bond with the coach like Wayne Bennett had with so many ??? Do you believe a high profile player will never want to live a quiet existence in a city that is not rugby league mad. How can these basic human qualities offend you so deeply. Things like loyalty ,affection for a fellow player or playing group. A desire for a quieter life is offensive to you. How is it possible that your anger sees you denying those most elemental traits and actions.

People have fought for their countries and other causes with less motivation than those mentioned yet somehow they are not powerful enough to convince you that a player may wish to stay where he is , simply because he likes it there and the moneys nearish to what he could command elsewhere.

What is nauseating is you banging on about those players staying because they had a love for each other and the club or whatever when that is rubbish - they stayed down there for as long as they did because the club was cheating and their big players were getting way over what would have been necessary to keep that group together.

Basically, its nauseating because you are flat out wrong.

I think Huge is right. Screw the rules! Let's give gold medals back to Ben Johnson and Marion Jones!

Just like I wrote Jeba...if you paid the current squad extra it would make no difference, if assembling a new squad then it would. Logical and agreed. Melbourne paid the old(original) squad progressively more keeping them together. Most stayed on less money than they could have got.We all agree then that money did not build the squad rather it allowed a pre =existing squad to remain together. Just what i said in the first f..king place.

Squad got better there values increased therefore the talent should of spread to the other clubs which is what the salary cap intends, Storm didn't allow this because they cheated.

Huge. said:
Just like I wrote Jeba...if you paid the current squad extra it would make no difference, if assembling a new squad then it would. Logical and agreed. Melbourne paid the old(original) squad progressively more keeping them together. Most stayed on less money than they could have got.We all agree then that money did not build the squad rather it allowed a pre =existing squad to remain together. Just what i said in the first f..king place.

Lol, nice one on the backtrack.

No mate, this is what you said initially:

Only advantage Melbourne had was paying overs for players equal to one superstars rate or the equivalent of two good players yet still the fact remains.............they had 25 players just like all the rest. Somehow it just does'nt mean that much to me. I've never cared what they paid their players and whatever they paid them was not enough to ensure success. Other factors are at play. Money does not in itself bestow ability on players. As far as I'm concerned they will always be the winners of the games they won, no administration or fan rants will change that.

And that is Grade A rubbish.

Why does everyone continue to argue with Huge? He's clearly not stable, you're never going to get anywhere.

Huge. said:
Did you not see the list of players that were getting paid over and above their values, in one way or another (be that cash or gift vouchers, or even boats!)? I think it's a load of rubbish to say that most of them stayed for less than they could have got elsewhere - over the years involved a lot of them were getting above and beyond their market value meaning no other club would have been able to come close.

Agreed Brizz, they sure did cheat.Anyway, I've enjoyed the mornings chat but unfortunately it's off to work to get my obscenely large wage. Never could work it out that my employer thinks I should earn over a hundred thousand a year when I'm so dumb and out of touch. Still, I console myself with cash , lots of cash and dream I'll be smart enough one day to be a bottom earner......it really is wrong that I get paid so well.

Huge. said:
Agreed Brizz, they sure did cheat.Anyway, I've enjoyed the mornings chat but unfortunately it's off to work to get my obscenely large wage. Never could work it out that my employer thinks I should earn over a hundred thousand a year when I'm so dumb and out of touch. Still, I console myself with cash , lots of cash and dream I'll be smart enough one day to be a bottom earner......it really is wrong that I get paid so well.

What. A. Wanker.

Emma said:
Huge. said:
Did you not see the list of players that were getting paid over and above their values, in one way or another (be that cash or gift vouchers, or even boats!)? I think it's a load of rubbish to say that most of them stayed for less than they could have got elsewhere - over the years involved a lot of them were getting above and beyond their market value meaning no other club would have been able to come close.

Evidenced by the fact the Titans feverishly pursued Cam Smith a couple of years back, and the deal was reportedly well in excess of $500K per year - which was remarkable considering they had Prince as well - and yet Smith re-signed with Melbourne for supposedly less....now we find out it was not less, it was considerably more.

The Storm's behaviour stopped other clubs from a REALISTIC chance of obtaining the services of those star players. THAT's the problem.

And LOLZ @ Huge for pulling the "I make lots of money, I must be smarter than you low lifes" line. Hahaha, seriously, what a jackass.

Gallop actually said it best when he said that the Storm's cheating took players OFF the market in such that other clubs could not leagally compete with the Storm. So, the other 15 clubs had no chance of securing one of the big 4 players of the Storm. obviously they had a top squad of 25 like the other 15 clubs, but because of their cheating the rest of the NRL were UNFAIRLY disadvantaged in their attempts to sign Storm players.

The players in question may well have stayed at the Storm for less than they could have made elsewhere but we will never know now will we.

Huge. said:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: [eusa_doh [eusa_doh [eusa_doh [eusa_doh
Deadset, you really think you're something, don't you.

You earn so much so you must be special.
You're better than people who don't earn much.
You're a big guy, fear does not course through your veins.
No one has the intellect to argue with your genius.

Seriously, you take up yourself wanker to another level.

How long till he bags you for that last line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Manlyman
  • Robboi_321
  • Cavalo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lostboy
  • Thelmus
  • broncs30
  • Harry Sack
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • Jazza
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
  • Mr Fourex
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.