Storm Vs. Broncos Build Up Thread *Spoiler*

Re: Storm Vs. Broncos - Build Up Thread

Clinton has been dropped from the team for disciplinary reasons. The club refused to state what the reasons were.

Interesting........ Big loss as well form wise.

Must have not been too good and what great timing with rumors that Locky may not even play.

broncospwn said:
Clinton has been dropped from the team for disciplinary reasons. The club refused to state what the reasons were.

Interesting........ Big loss as well form wise.

source?

Marsh, Copley and Wapau have been cut from the bench

PJ Marsh, Palmer Wapau and Dale Copley have been eliminated from the bench, leaving one more player to be cut.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/origin/ ... 66745.html

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

BRONCOS prop Joel Clinton has been sensationally dropped for tonight's traditional grudge match against Melbourne Storm at Olympic Park for disciplinary reasons. The star forward has left his club in the lurch after the loss of Queensland centre Justin Hodges to a serious knee injury.

Broncos officials would not divulge the exact nature of Clinton's transgression, refusing to confirm whether it was simply a missed training run or a more serious off-field matter.

Clinton, who could not be contacted last night, has been in great form for Brisbane, playing a big role in the club's march to the top rung of the NRL ladder.

He did not accompany the squad to Melbourne yesterday when their six Origin representatives rejoined the side.

wonder what he done?

Maybe he slept in?

Why has PJ Marsh been dropped? Cannot understand that one unless he's injured.

AAARRRRGGGGG!!!!! :evil:

Do you think the broncs are purposely throwing the game by having a second string side play??
Interesting to see who backs up....

Thats bad news about clinton, he's been playing really well.

Abe The Cop said:
Thats bad news about clinton, he's been playing really well.

I agree.

He's provided us with a lot of go-forward this season.

It is good to see McGuire get another go in the side though

Absolute joke to drop PJ he is in the best 17 every week IMO. If Slater doesn't play I think the Broncos will get up.

Beale said:
wheres the confidence people??

We still have a great looking team

They have a few backing up also!

Lockyer/Wallace/Hunt/Thaiday/Folau vs Smith/Inglis/Johnson/Slater.

I think it will be a cracker! Broncos by 7

Hell's yes!!!

The team will be fired up after the origin win, cept for wallace who has something to prove - time to break this Melbourne hoodoo

Can anyone confirm who's in or out of both teams tonight? Need to do my footy tips. icon_smile

Foordy said:
It is good to see McGuire get another go in the side though

Yep, but Sims starting at prop [icon_thumbs_do

prices according to TABonline;

Storm $1.47
Broncos $2.60

I honestly thought the odds would have been closer than that, especially considering where the teams are on the ladder (Broncos 2nd, Storm 6th)

http://bigpondvideo.com/nrl/134981

Watch that video. (i'll give a summary if u cbf)
Henjak was complaining about the current system in NRL.
Was saying, Hodges got injured and the broncos still have to pay him and they have to promote someone from reserves and the money they pay whoever replaces him gets added on to next years salary cap and if they go over next year they will get fined, a lot of kids have bonus' on their contract, i.e. Play 5 FG games and get an extra 20k and again if that triggers it comes out of the next years cap and will be fined for going over.

Also because of this sometimes clubs can not/do not promote certain juniors from reserves because they will be fined or will have a clause activated in their contract which will add to next years cap / probably get fined again.

Any way he is saying that when a player gets injured while playing origin that it should not add to the salary cap when they need to put a player in to replace someone who was playing.

I agree 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% It's a ridiculous situation to put clubs in, I know the bulldogs last year had to use 30 FG players and got fined for it this year and they weren't promoting any juniors in the back half of the season because any one they put in would mean a bigger fine and less salary cap to use for the next year. Broncos get put in a similar situation because they have 5 players who play origin and those 5 need to be replaced and injuries through out the season added with high rep contributions means they usually end up using more than the top 25 salary cap.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • K-Style
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Alec
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • IceWorks
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.