Storm Vs. Broncos Build Up Thread *Spoiler*

Re: Storm Vs. Broncos - Build Up Thread

broncospwn said:
http://bigpondvideo.com/nrl/134981

Watch that video. (i'll give a summary if u cbf)
Henjak was complaining about the current system in NRL.
Was saying, Hodges got injured and the broncos still have to pay him and they have to promote someone from reserves and the money they pay whoever replaces him gets added on to next years salary cap and if they go over next year they will get fined, a lot of kids have bonus' on their contract, i.e. Play 5 FG games and get an extra 20k and again if that triggers it comes out of the next years cap and will be fined for going over.

but this is nothing new, Parra was complaining about this as they've lost heaps of players - probably have more of a right to whinge then us

But what can be done about it???

Why on earth would PJ get dropped?

He is easily the best and most consistent hooker the club has, dropping him is a joke.

ddd said:
broncospwn said:
http://bigpondvideo.com/nrl/134981

Watch that video. (i'll give a summary if u cbf)
Henjak was complaining about the current system in NRL.
Was saying, Hodges got injured and the broncos still have to pay him and they have to promote someone from reserves and the money they pay whoever replaces him gets added on to next years salary cap and if they go over next year they will get fined, a lot of kids have bonus' on their contract, i.e. Play 5 FG games and get an extra 20k and again if that triggers it comes out of the next years cap and will be fined for going over.

but this is nothing new, Parra was complaining about this as they've lost heaps of players - probably have more of a right to whinge then us

But what can be done about it???

Well it should not be added towards next years salary cap.
Any injuries through origin, what ever the cost is to the clubs salary cap for replacement/bonus' should be compensated by the NRL (pay the player, but do not add it to the to salary cap).

I think that should extend to injuries as well, if a club is forced to use more than 25 through injuries then anything spent after that should be excluded from the salary cap so clubs can promote juniors when there are injuries occuring instead of for example giving someone out of form another run who otherwise would be in reserves.

It's not fair clubs get fined for it (6 clubs were fined this year, from 10-40k IIRC)

Je$ter said:
Why on earth would PJ get dropped?

He is easily the best and most consistent hooker the club has, dropping him is a joke.
Honestly, Henjak has left me stumped so many time this year with his #9 selections, he chops and changes it every week or two and I don't really know why, PJ Marsh has been great since he has played and one game later he can't even make the bench? [icon_shru

Yeah Henjak needs to gives someone adequate time to get used to the role.

But in saying that, no one has really stood out from dummy half this year.

^ Don't you think PJ Marsh has been good?
I think he's been the best hooker this year by far tbh.

PJ's been ok, so has McCullough. Gorrell was cod ordinary.

Marsh probably hasn't been bad enough to be dropped altogether but Henjak will have his reasons.

I think we still have a chance tonight. Hodges is a big blow but pushing izzy to the centres can be good. If Slater and/or Inglis are ruled out then i think we have a good shot.

Broncos by 12

I hope our pack stands up tonight. They should all, bar Thaiday, be fresh and raring to go.

They just said on 4BC radio that Lockyer is out.

I fear tonight will be a game to forget.

Massive blow.

PJ's taking his spot and Dave Taylor's starting with Thaiday coming off the bench.

Rather see McCoullough at 6 and PJ at 9.

Lockyer is just being rested.

Broncos are in serious trouble. Storm are on fire.

10 nil down, gonna be pretty hard to come back at Olympic Park

FFS Brisbane show some heart .... !! This looks like nothing more than damage limitation tonight ... Well there's going to be a shite load of damage unless Brisbane loses this passive attitude ...

I can't believe Hunt just went down with it on that last tackle, ffs the work to just get it to him was enough to indicate we needed to get a kick away. [icon_thumbs_do

All over now.

Active Now

• Browny
  • heartly87
  • Big Del
  • Shane Tronc
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Alec
  • K-Style
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • IceWorks
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.