Taylor gone to Bunnies

Je$ter said:
Alec said:
Get rid of the salary cap. Sure it creates a fairer comp, but clubs barely get to keep quality juniors these days because of it. The whole game has become just a luck thing because of it - recruit well for the year and you can suddenly become a premiership winning side.

Yeah get rid of the salary cap and we can have a 5 team comp when everyone else goes bust!

But most likely only ever the same premier

Coxyz said:
Foordy said:
Coxyz said:
Poore's already told the Broncos he's not coming.

Really?, i hadn't heard that.

Nobody had actually heard he was talking to us, not officially :P

I thought Tee said he was a dead cert? eusa_think

Bummer.

Any idea who else we are looking at?

I had big wraps on DT after seeing him at a few schoolboy carnivals when he was on scholarship with the Broncos but in my opinion his career so far is very similar to that of Carl Webb - huge schoolboy reputation, glimpses of billiance when he stepped up to the NRL but big issues with work rate and commitment. Hope he does well at Souths but you can't pay overs for potential.

Dave said:
Hope he does well at Souths but you can't pay overs for potential.

Pretty much what I think. Souths are paying a ton for a very young and very inconsistent player.

He has got the talent but from how Bennett and Henjak seem to have treated him, he probably doesn't have the attitude at this stage in his career. I reckon he will mature eventually. Though, whether Souths or the Broncos will provide a better environment is another question.

Disappointed to be losing a player with such skill but yeah Souths are paying too much.

I love how people speculate on how much players are being paid.

lockyer47 said:
The game has changed forever. (For a lot of reasons)
No longer do players stay at the broncos for less pay and compounded by the fact clubs offer HUGE money for future prospects and 'over-rated' players. Quinn signed for an estimated 250k a year at the storm, WTF??? I wouldn't pay more than 150 MAX for him. I'm one of the people who think players are overpaid in correspondence to the cap, highest paid should be 400k then work your way downwards. These days mid-range players are payed 300k or so and 350k for DT? No way in hell brother. (Until we use a different system.)

Yes I agree. Players are way too overpaid for what they are.
And if DT got paid $350K, then it is a joke, and I am glad we didn't sign him for that. Especially a forward who is so young and not even properly developed yet. No loyalty anymore and everyone is out for the biggest buck.

The Rock said:
ROFL. The sky is falling.

Same how the sky fell down when we lost Tuqiri.

Same how the sky fell down when we lost Berrick Barnes.

Same how the sky fell down when we lost Boyd and Kemp in one go.

The guy has talent no doubt. But we'll survive.

Eh? I don't think anyone has said anything to that extent.

Just disappointed that we've lost a promising young prop who looked prime for big things.

This decision was all but made b4 the season started. The Broncs just were not interested at the price being shopped around.

Taylor could be very good but it has come just a little too easy for him so far in his career.

I think he would be a better player if he had to earn the $ he will be getting.

Playboy Bunny said:
I love how people speculate on how much players are being paid.

Hold on, hold on. We are going by reported figures, which are of course not 100% correct to the cent, but they are not 'that' far off the mark and it provides the fans with a decent approximation. Apart from the odd complete inaccuracy, I'd say the rest are close approximates.

I guess my guess is as good as yours though.

JESUS CHRIST I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE POST THOSE "I HAVE A SECRET BUT I CAN"T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS!!! NER NER" STYLE POSTS>

I held shift down for that entire sentence because I wanted to convey that I was yelling. Due to being lazy I had to sacrifice an apostrophe and a full-stop.

Tee hears a lot of stuff. The voices in his head get louder the less he sleeps.

he hasn't slept since January 2006.

Poore won't be coming to the Broncos.
The money is going to Hunt and Lockyer. That if both accept the Broncos offer.

It's sad IMO. The bloke is an real promising young talent and I would have loved to see him stay. Maybe he'll find his way home one day.

Maybe they could get a two for one deal with Michaels included i nthe package too.

Shame to see him go, he could have been massive. But, no point sitting around debating what he could have been in Brisbane. Bigger and better things to worry about, like a full team of players who need to get their act together and win. And Michaels.

it seems that Taylor and his manager didn't even have the common curtesy to let the Broncos know he had signed with that Rabbitohs...IMO, that is just not on [icon_thumbs_do [icon_non [icon_non

``We expected him back in the first grade side, through form or injury or State of Origin or whatever the case may be,'' Cullen told AAP on Tuesday night.

``It (the television report) is certainly news to me. I have not heard from Dave Taylor, or his management or anyone about that.

``It would not be a good way to find out if it is in fact true.''

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

gUt said:
Make way for the return of Petero :)

He has already signed an extension with Panthers.

Tossing up he is getting 350k is ludicrous, I have not seen that figure reported anywhere!

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.