Tesi Niu

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
So just to be sure, if we went through your 7000 odd posts on this forum, not one would be critical of a young player, even when they are in poor form?

Think you're deluding yourself here champion. Once again, I don't think anyone has personally insulted tesi or his family which I think everyone would agree is way outta line.

Being young isn't an infallible shield against criticism if you aren't playing well.
read my posts

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
how is people bagging out Tesi, different from when you have bagged out other players/coaches/management in the past.

this is a fan forum ... and people are always going to post their opinions on players skills and performances ... and sometimes those opinions are going to be negative.
another one that can't read

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I'm all for not giving our younger players shit and giving them time to develop.

However he's being paid good money, but yet he still struggles with basic skills like catching high bombs or getting his positioning right when defending and there's no sign of improvement. That tends to rub people the wrong way.
l understand that and that's why he's back in cup .
i think people need to go back through this and the post game threads to see some of the shit that has been posted , just because he made mistakes.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
don't have to get over shit ! shit ***** like you is the reason why mental health is a big issue these days.
Sorry but why do we always have to go right to mental health. People need to be able to take criticism even if it's from somebody being perceived as lesser than you. Half the problem these days is nobody gets told they have things to work on and develop no resilience. Instead they get told their the next Locky or Thurston and it sets them up to fail when the doubt sets in.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I think we'll be having this same conversation next season and it will be regarding Walsh.

As for Tesi, he's been dropped to QLD Cup, I hope they've given him some specific things to improve on defensively. It's been a rough year for him and people are quick to forget that he's only 18th months older than Ezra Mam who himself isn't shy of the occasional monumental **** up (kicks out on the full, being his go to), however he's given a pass mark due to his age.

We're quick to forget that he's only 20 years old, probably because he was brought into the top grade so early under Seibold. This isn't Isaako who had a good half dozen years in the NRL and still found a way be hopeless. Anywho, it's done now.

TMM will be an improvement defensively but I still stand by my comments that we aren't winning any of the games in recent weeks with TMM instead of Tesi, Tesi didn't cost us those games, he's just the easy target. There will be a new easy target moving forward, probably the coach (despite the fact the season has already been a success).
Exactly right. If you listen to him talk he is like a child almost. Maam is a bit more mature and it shows through his football. Give tesi another 3 years and I'll judge him then

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
if you can't fucking handle people being negative towards players (something you yourself are fucking guilty of) then you are in the wrong fucking place
criticised yes definitely! But
still not getting the fucking point

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
bitcoin cryptocurrency GIF

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
criticised yes definitely! But
still not getting the fucking point

you're not getting the fucking point.

all of the posts have been about how shit of a rugby league player Tesi is. harsh? maybe ... but understandable

none of them have been about Tesi the person.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
read my posts , nothing wrong with criticism and opinions but people have gone past that and are just paying out on him. I find it weak to hang shit on people behind a computer.
What do you mean? Vast majority of the posts I see are people having a crack at what he does on the field. I haven't seen anyone personally insult him for anything other than what he has provided on the field.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
you're not getting the fucking point.

all of the posts have been about how shit of a rugby league player Tesi is. harsh? maybe ... but understandable

none of them have been about Tesi the person.
calling him a dumb **** isn't an attack on him, tell me who the dumb **** is then?

Unread

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Galah
  • ell.d33
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mrslong
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.