The Ashes 2010-2011

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Down here in NSW we've got a choice of the News, The Nanny and The Flinstones on the Nein channels.

Incredible that this is not only allowed to happen, but planned to happen. No final sessions finishes within 2 hours anymore.

It is pathetic and drives me mental. Like it really matters if the news is delayed. We don't get to watch cricket at all if they choose not to show it. [eusa_naugh

I just don't get it.

They can leave the news on if they want, but they have another two channels FFS. Surely the cricket would rate higher than repeats of some old school shows?

Meanwhile Australia negotiate that little session nicely, 0/25 at stumps. Hopefully Katich and Watson can kick on long into the first session tomorrow, ideally past lunch. If Australia can get to 0-2/120 by lunch they're in damn good shape.

Coxy said:
Meanwhile Australia negotiate that little session nicely, 0/25 at stumps. Hopefully Katich and Watson can kick on long into the first session tomorrow, ideally past lunch. If Australia can get to 0-2/120 by lunch they're in damn good shape.

It is a 500 deck, Bell was smoking us...

Yeah, if Australia can be around the 120 mark by lunch with only one or two down max, then they're in a good position to kick on to be around 350 by stumps. If they still have 4-5 wickets up their sleeve by then, and can kick on to get 500 or so, England's going to be in "save the match" mode. That's when they're most vulnerable IMO.

All depends no how our Middle order holds up IMO. Great start now lets get in a position to finish them.

The finish has been our problem in recent years. We've usually started strong but just can't nail the opposition in the third and fourth innings.

Johnson needs to bag a haul in Test cricket. He hasn't done much since the Saffers toured here. I'd have Bollinger in the side over him at the moment.

Fozz said:
The finish has been our problem in recent years. We've usually started strong but just can't nail the opposition in the third and fourth innings.

Agreed, it is so different from having Warne and McGrath in our side. Biggest problem is Punter and his pathetic tactics.

Fozz said:
Johnson needs to bag a haul in Test cricket. He hasn't done much since the Saffers toured here. I'd have Bollinger in the side over him at the moment.

Whilst I agree about Bollinger you are slighly misinformed about Johnson doing nothing since South Africa toured here.

Fozz said:

Agreed. Unless he hits some form in the second innings, Dougy has to be heavily considered.

Bucking Beads said:
ningnangnong said:
Not to mention, they're not even showing it in HD.

Yeah it is pathetic, Channel 9 are actually showing the cricket now, Antiques roadshow was just played for 5 mins to raise my blood pressure
Bugger. I sat there thinking wtf while watching some crap about a postcard album and decided to play some xbox instead. I should of waited until the ads finished.
Damn you nein!

I expected England to put up a better first innings score. also well done to Siddle, a hattrick on his birthday ... awesome effort

The old collapse is on again, lol. Come on lads, it's Finn and Anderson on a sunny day at the Gabba FFS icon_smile

Couple of good pull shots from Huss so far. Need a big one from him today.

What an opportunity for North and Hussey to man up with the team in trouble.

Clarke's back must be shot too, he looked very dodgy. That was a hopeless innings and an incredibly half-arsed shot to get out with.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
What an opportunity for North and Hussey to man up with the team in trouble.

Hussey looks in good touch, but unfortunately, I think we could be up the creek here.

Ah, should've known. Hit and miss North is still a passenger in an already ordinary batting lineup.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • something
  • Galah
  • eggstar10
  • Bronx48
  • Dash
  • Stix
  • Nerd
  • Brocko
  • mystico
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • dirtyharry
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.