The Ashes 2013/14

If you want to hear about arrogance. Whenever an English sporting team win a major event I.E Ashes, World Cup, Gold Medals etc, they get a bus ride throw the streets of London and receive Gongs at the palace and have dinner with the queen and prime minister.

Ironically the guys are at Kirribillii House today.

A simple parade through the streets is fair enough but when England win they get treated like royalty and EVERY member of the team gets awarded an MBE or something like that. When they won back the Ashes in 2005 the whole team all got treated to an open top bus-ride through London in front of thousands of bandwagoners, had tea with the PM and had dinner with the queen. One of the English players Paul Collingwood only played the last test and scored a total of 17 runs and bowled 4 overs for 17 with no wickets but because he played he was awarded a gong. I can understand 1 or 2 getting honoured but awarding the entire squad is over the top. The same happened when they won the Rugby World Cup in 2003.

4 for 95 with Smith and Bailey at the crease ... so we're effectively 6 for 120

Bailey is such a waste, I really wanted him to do well but he's playing like a piece of shit.

Well the Bailey experiment has failed but so be it, bring in Lynn for SA.

I'd say Doolan at 6 is our best option.

If we have these batting collapses in SA we'll get totally punished, luckily for us the English batting has been sub-par so we've managed to turn it around with our bowling.

think it's been pretty miraculous that Australia hasn't had one of its full-retard batting atrocities during this series to date .... this looks like being it

mind you, our bowlers should have fun with this frankenstein England batting list ...

If we have these batting collapses in SA we'll get totally punished, luckily for us the English batting has been sub-par so we've managed to turn it around with our bowling.

Probably but SA will have Kallis gone and AB Devilliers is in doubt as well. Hopefully our bowlers can produce magic again. Our batsmen just aren't that good.

A bit of talk on Twitter that Haddin will retire after this test. Hope not.

Who would you select sharky?

excellent question .... does ANYONE other than David Hussey average over 45 in domestic cricket these days ??

IMO the two massive disappointments that have put us in this batting dearth are Usman Khawaja and Shaun Marsh ... these two are built for test cricket but just haven't produced for varying reasons ...

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Ondi
  • Rookie Alan
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.