The Ashes 2013/14

**** Wade as Keeper again doesn't excite me at all. Would be great if they picked Hartley.

It know it sounds harsh but I really hoped it was Rogers that would retire, IMO Haddin could've gone on for another year (maybe two) easy but who can blame him for wanting to go out on such a high. I totally agree with [MENTION=2210]Bucking Beads[/MENTION], Wade at keeper sounds pretty depressing.

If we win five-nil, would that be it for all of Rogers, Haddin and Harry? They may all decide to go out on the high, especially given Rogers will have SA at the absolute most and Harry too, especially with Patto back.

If we win five-nil, would that be it for all of Rogers, Haddin and Harry? They may all decide to go out on the high, especially given Rogers will have SA at the absolute most and Harry too, especially with Patto back.

I'd say Harris is a thousand-to-one against to be going anywhere soon .. He just looks hungry for more cricket .. Being a late bloomer I'd say he'll just bowl until something falls off

This Borthwick should be fruit for the sideboard

excellent question .... does ANYONE other than David Hussey average over 45 in domestic cricket these days ??

IMO the two massive disappointments that have put us in this batting dearth are Usman Khawaja and Shaun Marsh ... these two are built for test cricket but just haven't produced for varying reasons ...

Too right.

They need to call on a few youngsters though - this Ashes squad isn't going to be intact forever and some of them need a tap on the shoulder.

Stupid shot by Mitch, could have milked him for 4 an over. As well as helping Smith to a ton

unbelievable catch by Lyon

chance for Johnson to decapitate Anderson here ...

Last edited:
Smith with a quality ton as well. Wish I didn't have that nap and watched him get the ton instead.

I've never seen a fast bowler bowl like Johnson has this series. It has been amazing viewing.

Turned out to be a pretty good day for us. Struck back and got a good score under pressure after a top order collapse and took a late wicket before stumps.

excellent question .... does ANYONE other than David Hussey average over 45 in domestic cricket these days ??

IMO the two massive disappointments that have put us in this batting dearth are Usman Khawaja and Shaun Marsh ... these two are built for test cricket but just haven't produced for varying reasons ...

Yes...but many of you aren't going to like it...

Phil Hughes

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • MrMoore
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.