The Ashes 2013/14

This is brilliant. :lol:

Too right ning, I just turned it on and can't believe my eyes.

Yes...but many of you aren't going to like it...
Phil Hughes

yeah his name came to mind as I posted that ... didn't include him in the mix as he's been given a lot of chances at test level against a variety of opposition in a variety of conditions and proven each and every time that his "home spun" technique isn't up to the task ...

the funny thing is whenever he's out of the team everyone reckons he should be in the team - as though he's magically morphed into a world class batsman in the big bash ...

It is Haddin. Will be announced shortly.

Just in case anyone missed it, Clarke was listening to Warne's stupid speculation (intense handshakes ooh!) through his SportsEars at the time so they put the camera on him and asked him if Haddin was retiring and he just shook his head and said he wants him for the 2015 WC.

The thing with Phil Hughes is, how much is his average boosted by playing on the Adelaide Oval every other week?

The thing with Phil Hughes is, how much is his average boosted by playing on the Adelaide Oval every other week?

in fairness to him, he's only been with SA for the last two (?) seasons ... and he's probably done it the hard way in shield cricket given the wickets around the country have been fairly bowler friendly for the last few years until this year .. but the likes of Flintoff, Steyn and even Chris Martin from NZ figured him out pretty quickly at the top level ... he gets dismissed in very similar fashion - feeding the slips / gully - that's the big black mark against him and it's largely because of his funky technique

Pretty sure Hughes was out Caught Guptill bowled Martin for most of the series against the kiwis

hasn't karma caught up with the "$50million man" - warner ... shoots his mouth off deluxe after a tonne in perth and follows up with four straight failures ... dude needs to learn some humility and just stay under the radar and get on with making runs consistently .. it worked during the first half of the summer

Last edited:
Pup has had a quiet 3 tests. Warner has batted carelessly ever since that T20 game he played. Wrecked havoc with his mindset imo. 500 runs in the series is still not bad.

Need more than 1 of the top 6 to score runs. Imagine our totals if a couple kicked on

Rogers has batted superbly this innings. Bailey looking like he might play a career saving innings tomorrow. The pitch looks pretty hard to bat on when the bowlers get it right.

Do we want Bailey to save his career?

Nothing against him but he hasn't done much

The problem is, does Doolan deserve a chance over Bailey given Hughes, Lynn, etc don't seem to be in the reckoning? I'd say given Doolan is next in line, yes I do want Bailey to save his career here.

The problem is, does Doolan deserve a chance over Bailey given Hughes, Lynn, etc don't seem to be in the reckoning? I'd say given Doolan is next in line, yes I do want Bailey to save his career here.

Agree 100%

Well Bailey didn't deserve the gig to begin with and imo he doesn't look like he will make a good test player.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Skathen
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ivanhungryjak
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.