The Maroon Front Row

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Everyone knows I want Civo and Price's babies, that said if teh rumour's circulating about an immediate end to Price's career are true (and yes, I'm devastated) what happens to QLD's front row?

For myself, I am unsure if Myles is ready for the start, but he may well have to be. Myles, Kenny are my two standouts at present...thoughts?

- Civo
- Smith
- :cry: :cry:

If Price is out, Queensland are fucked.

Notwithstanding that doom and gloom, I think our stocks are thin but workable.

Civoniceva is first man picked, no question.

Kenny is going well.
Hannant is going no worse than he was last year.
Myles is solid, although more a backrower.
Thaiday can play prop and is in dynamite form.
Antonio Kaufusi isn't in the best of form with the Cows, but he can play.

I would probably have a starting front row of:

8. Thaiday
9. Smith
10. Civoneciva

then when we bring in a prop off the bench move thaiday back to the second row

Front rowers eligable for QLD if Price is gone:
Nick Kenny
Dave Taylor
Ben Hannant
David Shillington
Scott Logan
Brad Meyers
Antonio Kaufusi
Matt Scott
Carl Webb
Shane Tronc
Petero Civoniceva
Nate Myles (He'll probably be in the team, I'd prefer to see him in the backrow though.)

If Price IS out, then I would be pushing for him to be a part of the coaching staff. Our boys will need one hell of a rev up if we're gonna continue pummeling NSW in origin without Pricey.

At the moment I'd go with:
8. Shillington
9. Smith
10. Civo

Shillington has been a beast for Canberra so far this season, if it keeps up he should be given a shot IMO. On the bench should be at least 2 other props, I'd be considering Kaufusi, Kenny, Hannant and MAYBE Taylor. Although he is probably a fair bit too young for it at this stage.

Yep I tend to agree Scotty, Shilington has been huge for the Radiers and has the size to handle the opening exchanges.

Agree on shillington, he should be there with or without Price

I don't like the idea of a debutant starting Game 1 in the front row. I agree Shillington should be in the team but I would start with Petero and Hannant with Shillington and Kenny our bench props.

[icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. that Pricey is right to go though

Dave said:
I don't like the idea of a debutant starting Game 1 in the front row. I agree Shillington should be in the team but I would start with Petero and Hannant with Shillington and Kenny our bench props.

[icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. that Pricey is right to go though

+1

Two Props debuting on the bench?? I don't think there is room for both of them personally.

Scotty said:
Front rowers eligable for QLD if Price is gone:
Nick Kenny
Dave Taylor
Ben Hannant
David Shillington
Scott Logan
Brad Meyers
Antonio Kaufusi
Matt Scott
Carl Webb
Shane Tronc
Petero Civoniceva
Nate Myles

I think we are going to have to blood new guys this year. From the list above Taylor, Hannant, Shillington and Kenny are the only guys I would consider for the front row as backup to Price and Petero. Myles is a back rower and the others aren't up to Origin.

I'd prefer Taylor rather than Hannant. I agree those 4 are the only ones worth considering.

I'd have Myles in my starting side if Price goes under.

Myles has really impressed me in Origin the last couple of years ...... he seems to be made for it.

Start him in the front row and add Shillington to the bench

Brad Meyers would certainly be in the mix (If he is fit), he has been consistantly good from the bench this year for the Titans.

8: Thaiday
9: Smith
10: Civoniceva
11: Nate Myles

14: Meyers
15: Shillington

Would be the way I'de go.

There's a little Brad in everyone. _woohoo_

But seriously, the guy has improved his game a lot and should get a look in. He has been there before.

Look, he would scare a Moose to death with one flick of his tomato beard and can probably scull a litre of Maple Syrup in under 25 seconds, however I'm not sold on his form warranting Origin selection.

Active Now

• DrGee
  • broncs30
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • kman
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.