The old dogs hating on Bennett

Yes, I was quite aware that grammatically it was poor but it was also intentional. It was more along the lines of hoping AP could dedicate his life to 'good' rather than 'evil'....you know, the evil mastermind thing. Generally I try to write, type good, err I mean well :focus:
I was hoping that it would obviously be a poor attempt at humour on my part. You being one of the most grammatically correct posters on BHQ.

How many ex players has Bennett had a falling out with.

Last edited:
He must come with a succession plan and he must win a premiership. I'd give him 3 years then he moves into a coaching director role.

DEAL IS DONE FOR THE MESSIAH TO RETURN....... (ONLY THING THAT WILL STOP HIM IS A LAST MINUTE CHANGE LIKE HE DID AT THE ROOSTERS)

Massive mistake ....

i will say this through ... if they have signed him to return, then the board had better ALREADY have the succession plan in place, not wait 3 fucking years to think of one.

IMO, this is the statement the board has just made to the rugby league world, (if it is correct that Bennett is returning):

"The Brisbane Broncos CAN NOT win a premiership unless Wayne Bennett is the head coach"

idiots

Last edited:
I do worry that his methods are a little outdated, but he hasn't exactly been coaching a top team. Newcastle may have some talented players, but they are shit as a team.

I wanted him to come back as either an assistant or a coach overseer, not a head coach.

I predict that not a whole lot will change about our style and everyone on here (including those who wanted him back) will be complaining about it inside of 6 months

I have just read this entire thread and am having a chuckle to myself about some of the comments - mainly about Bennett is not for us - he is too old - has left clubs he has coached in a bad way etc
Firstly a bloke who has won 8 premierships in 23 odd years must know a thing or 2 about coaching and man management and weather he is over 60 or not has no relevance to anything.
Secondly we all know that Hook really has no idea about a game plan, how to manage the interchange and from what I can see how to motivate a team and the greater majority of fans want him gone - like now or at worst the end of the season.
Thirdly if we want Hook gone and we do not want Bennett then who is REALLY out there capable of coaching our team to a premiership - I do not hear any suggestions and frankly there is NO one available to do so - so where do we go??????
Fourthly - and here it is folks - bring Bennett back next year as he is by far and away the most credentialed coach available right now - am i correct or not - if I am not then tell me who is our coach next year??????
Remember HENJACKASS - he was appointed by the board to succeed Bennett and what a dismal failure that was
Remember Price was appointed by the dragons board as the successor to Bennett and he failed - not Bennetts fault
Remember in 4 years time a bloke named Bellamy will be leaving the storm and coming home to Brisbane and while he says he wil be retiring I am sure if he was dangled a carrott as Bennetts successor he would grab it in both hands
So IMO for heavens sake get Bennett back in charge - sort the mess out and lets start winning games
Also he will have a very good young but experienced squad next year brimming with talent and he can only make them better
I reckon Boyd will not come back with hime but if he does he will fit in at 5/8th very well me thinks with Milford at Fullback Hoffman on the wing and barba on the bench and for good luck I reckon he will bring GAGAI with him as well - wow what a back line
These are my thoughts

I predict that not a whole lot will change about our style and everyone on here (including those who wanted him back) will be complaining about it inside of 6 months

I don't think there is much wrong with our style, it's just the way it's executed. Bennett has a knack for getting the best out of his players and motivating them.

I don't think there is much wrong with our style, it's just the way it's executed. Bennett has a knack for getting the best out of his players and motivating them.

basically what we are doing will be firing one coach and hiring the guy who is a very good chance of getting the wooden spoon ... so looks like we are following the Raiders lead in that regard

I don't know why people want Gagai back.

They want Reed gone because of his defense. And yet they want a player to replace him who is 3 times as bad defensively.

Sounds good.

Last edited:
basically what we are doing will be firing one coach and hiring the guy who is a very good chance of getting the wooden spoon ... so looks like we are following the Raiders lead in that regard

The difference is, Bennett can coach. Stuart can't.

[MENTION=8497]Fighting Irish[/MENTION], you know Bennett just loves players exactly like your best mate, Jack Reed ... don't you.

and Boyd will not make a much better 5/8 than Hoffman did.

The difference is, Bennett can coach. Stuart can't.

well then forgive me when i'm on hand with an "i told you so" when things start going wrong (either during his tenure or after he leaves and we go backwards again)

I also have no faith in this board to have any succession plan in place for his eventual retirement

Weather Boyd plays 5/8th or wing or fullback he can still play pretty good football - I guess Bennett will have a number of choices as to who plays where - sure he will have to get the forwards sorted a bit but he has a much better pack to start with than Newcastle has had and I am sure he can get Kennedy playing at top pace and bring on Cory Oates and Wallace and a few new young blokes and get the best out of all of them - really it is a bloody good roster and as for Gagai - he can run and has the makings of a good winger or centre and he will only get better and remember we have to find a replacement for Hodges soon

Weather Boyd plays 5/8th or wing or fullback he can still play pretty good football - I guess Bennett will have a number of choices as to who plays where - sure he will have to get the forwards sorted a bit but he has a much better pack to start with than Newcastle has had and I am sure he can get Kennedy playing at top pace and bring on Cory Oates and Wallace and a few new young blokes and get the best out of all of them - really it is a bloody good roster and as for Gagai - he can run and has the makings of a good winger or centre and he will only get better and remember we have to find a replacement for Hodges soon

get used to Reed being named every week

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • mrslong
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • eazy-duzzit
  • BroncosAlways
  • Galah
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • ostin86
  • marw
  • bb_gun
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bish
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.