The Sad Decline of Darren Lockyer as a Player and Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, the comprehension skills (or lack-of) of some people on here continue to astound me.

I don't know, you're the one who thinks aside from yesterday and the Test Lockyer has been ordinary when it isn't the case.

There is no point arguing with AP over this. He will not change his opinion.

its not just my opinion that over the last 3 years or so lockyer has been pretty poor far more than hes been above average. hell, i bet even coxy and jeb would agree with me on this.

this is just another case of one-eyed fanboyism. you love lockyer and you wont hear a bad word said about him.

Anonymous person said:
its not just my opinion that over the last 3 years or so lockyer has been pretty poor far more than hes been above average. hell, i bet even coxy and jeb would agree with me on this.

this is just another case of one-eyed fanboyism. you love lockyer and you wont hear a bad word said about him.

A bit like you and the storm then? :roll:

nope, not at all like me and the storm, but thanks for trying.

i like good football regardless of which team is playing it. Darren Lockyer hasnt been consistently good for going on 4 years now.

Anonymous person said:
nope, not at all like me and the storm, but thanks for trying.

i like good football regardless of which team is playing it. Darren Lockyer hasnt been consistently good for going on 4 years now.

You don't see how it's like you and the storm? ....

Unbelieveable. I'm truely amazed at just how much of a hypocrite you are.

what bad things can you say about the Storm as a TEAM of players, not a club/organisation, that i wont listen to? they were too good? they won too much?

Anonymous person said:

Whoa whoa whoa...don't go talking for me! Haha.

I think by LOCKY'S STANDARDS, his overall form post-knee reconstruction has been below his best. "Pretty poor" is a stretch. He had some poor games, particularly in early 2008 when he came back too early, but even at his worst he's been the most dominant playmaker and organiser at the club, and in more games than not he's been equally as good as his opposition.

To me this year he's not played bad, he's tried too hard. Seeing his experienced players fall around him, he's stepped up to try and lead by example but done it too much, tried too hard. The last 2 games on the weekend showed when he's at his best, when he takes a chill pill and lets other guys take responsibility.

I like to compare him to Thurston, because everyone jizzes over him like he's Jessica Alba in the nude. People say Thurston turns games single handedly etc...maybe, sometimes. But ultimately his performance is determined by how well his teammates go and how well HE lets them play. Last year when the Cowboys capitulated post-Origin, Thurston was trying TOO hard, and his involvement was often poor.

He plays best when he steps back a bit too.

In both cases when they try too hard are they playing badly? No. But they're not at their best.

Funnily though the same people who are writing off Lockyer here, praise Thurston for the same evils.

That's what concerns me a bit.

Coxy said:
but even at his worst he's been the most dominant playmaker and organiser at the club
when the only other 'playmaker' in the club was perry, thats not saying much [icon_lol1.

Anonymous person said:
what bad things can you say about the Storm as a TEAM of players, not a club/organisation, that i wont listen to? they were too good? they won too much?

They are crap without Smith, Just like Broncos without Locky and Cowboys without Thurston...

and when have i EVER said that isnt the case?

i cant wait for scotty to relpy, im genuinely intrigued by what fairtale hes gonna pull out of the hat to back up this claim.

Anonymous person said:

They were a team of players formed illegally? And if that team of illegally formed players weren't so successful, you wouldn't support them?

Anonymous person said:

Anonymous person said:

In every one of your agendas you basically take a stance of "You're all idiots. I'm right, you're wrong." Yet you accuse someone else of the same thing.

You're a hypocrite.

Anonymous person said:
and when have i EVER said that isnt the case?

i cant wait for scotty to relpy, im genuinely intrigued by what fairtale hes gonna pull out of the hat to back up this claim.

never said you don't agree, Just gave you an responce.

So Wallace isn't a playmaker?

Nashy said:
Anonymous person said:

They were a team of players formed illegally? And if that team of illegally formed players weren't so successful, you wouldn't support them?
:roll: they werent a team of players formed illegally, some of them have been RETAINED illegally. and again, i dont support them as it is. i like them cause there are lots of Queenslanders in their team, and i enjoy watching them play footy, but i dont support them. never owned a jersey, never been to a home game, never bought any of their merchandise.

Coxy said:
So Wallace isn't a playmaker?
not a very good one [icon_razz1

Yeah. Their 2010 team, which is formed of some retained players, is illegal. Spin it how you like. It's illegal. They are breaking the rules, they are an illegal team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • jd87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • davidp
  • BroncsNBundy
  • simplythebest
  • heartly87
  • Dexter
  • Allo
  • porouian
  • Confidor
  • ostin86
  • Payneinthehaas
  • Howie
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.