The Sad Decline of Darren Lockyer as a Player and Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anonymous person said:
Nashy said:
[quote="Anonymous person":2nw1c53p]what bad things can you say about the Storm as a TEAM of players, not a club/organisation, that i wont listen to? they were too good? they won too much?

They were a team of players formed illegally? And if that team of illegally formed players weren't so successful, you wouldn't support them?
:roll: they werent a team of players formed illegally, some of them have been RETAINED illegally. and again, i dont support them as it is. i like them cause there are lots of Queenslanders in their team, and i enjoy watching them play footy, but i dont support them. never owned a jersey, never been to a home game, never bought any of their merchandise.

Coxy said:
So Wallace isn't a playmaker?
not a very good one [icon_razz1[/quote:2nw1c53p]

Yeah But Perry was good enough to beat the Storm [icon_razz1

draggx said:
never said you don't agree, Just gave you an responce.
lol

read the post you responded to again, then try responding again. i clearly said "What bad things can you say about the Storm as a TEAM of players, not a club/organisation, that i wont listen to". ive never said the storm arent bad without smith.

Nashy said:
Yeah. Their 2010 team, which is formed of some retained players, is illegal. Spin it how you like. It's illegal. They are breaking the rules, they are an illegal team.
but again, where have i NOT LISTENED TO the fact that as a team they are illegal? ive never once denied this lol. you guys seriously dont seem to understand what youre trying to say.

Anonymous person said:
nope, not at all like me and the storm, but thanks for trying.

i like good football regardless of which team is playing it. Darren Lockyer hasnt been consistently good for going on 4 years now.

Didn't Locky win the Wally Lewis medal only 4 years ago???

its funny that you say this:

"Lockyer's form for the first half of 2008 was average"

"He was just going through the motions and doing what's required"

" Average at best for the start of the season."

so for the first half of 2008 he was average. whats a synonym of average? cod-ordinary. what did i say? "but the 40+ games over the last 3 years where he has been absolutely cod-ordinary at BEST". so first HALF of 2008....lets say 13 games (as most seasons are like 26 rounds or so). again, 2009, lets say he was average for half the year - and apart from the winning streak at the end of the year, he was. so another say 13 games. 2007, well that whole year was a complete write off for him. lets say 10 games, as he was injured for a fair bit of the season. 2010, lets just give him 5 average games out of the 9 weve had so far.

so to recap :
2007 - 10 average games.
2008 - 13 average games.
2009 - 13 average games
2010 - 5 average games.

thats about 41 average games, is it not? doesnt that sound a lot like what i said?

m1c said:
Anonymous person said:
nope, not at all like me and the storm, but thanks for trying.

i like good football regardless of which team is playing it. Darren Lockyer hasnt been consistently good for going on 4 years now.

Didn't Locky win the Wally Lewis medal only 4 years ago???
2006. 5 seasons ago. and thats only for best player during an origin series. you could be absolutely $hit-house for the entire year with your club and still win that medal. 2006 isnt coming into question here anyway, so its a moot point.

Did Lockyer even play 26 games in 2008/09?

And once again, AP and his haters send a thread to an early grave.... :roll:

Ok people this thread is starting to sound like a broken record. AP we know your don't like Locky and that your a Storm fan deep down. Now some people agree with you, maybe not as passionately. Then there are others who can't see through the rose colored glasses and will never agree with you. Last but not least are the fence sitters. I think we have established who fits in where and what they think of it. So feel free to use the PM function to keep flogging the dead horse people or if you are brave enough organise a time and go chat it out in real time in our chat room.......

So I'm locking it. Any issues with that feel free to take it up with me via PM or another admin.

unlocked..... lets see how long till the record starts playing over and over again....

LOCKYER, LOCKYER, LOCKYER, LOCKYER, LOCKYER, LOCKYER

Aeetee said:
unlocked..... lets see how long till the record starts playing over and over again....

You just unlocked it for something to laugh at didn't you?

The Rock said:
LOLZ. "The sad decline of Darren Lockyer".

Oh dear.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Good board modding imo.

So yeah Lockyer is like finished and that hey.

Seeing as he has made 10 posts I doubt the OP will ever be back lol.

Having said that why am I not studying when I have an exam tomorrow?

To be fair, at the time this thread was started, Lockyer was playing rather poorly, at least by Darren Locker standards. In saying that, you should never write off a champion.

At the risk of doing the broken record thing, he wasn't. He was playing as well as he could in a team devestated by injury and full of kids.

^
FTR - GOLD avatar there gUt... love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Sproj
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • jarro65
  • Big Del
  • Jason Simmons
  • Santa
  • Manofoneway
  • Yellowfella
  • Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • Allo
  • Tim K
  • Browny
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.