The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Fair enough, I don't really think there is a majority either way, I think it's pretty evenly split but that's obviously not your take on it.

Thanks for clearing your point up

I genuinely hope both 'sides' can just drop the agendas and get on with supporting the team for the upcoming season

I'm pretty sure the majority he is talking about is the general public and media which is hard to argue with. Most have a more WB love than anyone on here.
I'm pretty sure that the forum is probably split down the middle TBH.
A poll without comments would be interesting. a pro WB/Unsure/Anti WB poll would do nicely.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Re: It feels good to be coached by Bennett again

Lol

We played no different than in the last 6 years. We didn't play to the 80th minute, we took the foot off and it came back to bite us. All that changed is we have Milford and a few new forwards. There was nothing even remotely standout in relation to the coaching. I guess the "omg look how great Bennett is cause we won a game" threads are about to start. Great. Count me out.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Here we go again..

Last edited:
QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I dont see much of a difference in how we played tbh. Same old stuff from the same ol players but chuck in blair and milford.
The only thing that was different and in a good way was Glenn returning to his good hole running days. But to suggest we looked a different team because of bennett is just bias. We let the game get away from us and almost lost. We won because of a penalty goal remember. They lost it in golden point, we didnt exactly take it from them

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

I feel like after BP's rant yesterday, I shouldn't respond to them anymore.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I feel like after BP's rant yesterday, I shouldn't respond to them anymore.

Don't. I'm not saying anything anymore because we just get made to look like the arseholes. I can only hope that in the balance of fairness BP will have a rant about this too...

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

Don't. I'm not saying anything anymore because we just get made to look like the arseholes. I can only hope that in the balance of fairness BP will have a rant about this too...

Let's hope so. I think it's pretty obvious that 100% it's just us responding to their constant negativity.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Geez, ease up fellas. Just because im not having a jizz over a penalty goal win in overtime doesnt mean im wrong or being negative.

I just dont see what was different out there to anything we saw last year? Just like there are people that will always be negative on bennett, there are those that are always overly positive and bias. Have you considered that maybe sometimes your bias gets in the way of a neutral discussion?

We still played the same way we did last year. 4 - 5 hitups up the middle, then a bomb from hunt that will land, well, somewhere random. We faded out towards the end and got lucky. The game couldve really gone either way in golden point. No-one was looking like hitting a field goal.

Seeing Reynold's performance this morning really hit home about how shit our kicking options are btw. Hunt needs to fine tune his game and learn when to bomb and when to go another option.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Geez, ease up fellas. Just because im not having a jizz over a penalty goal win in overtime doesnt mean im wrong or being negative.

I just dont see what was different out there to anything we saw last year? Just like there are people that will always be negative on bennett, there are those that are always overly positive and bias. Have you considered that maybe sometimes your bias gets in the way of a neutral discussion?

We still played the same way we did last year. 4 - 5 hitups up the middle, then a bomb from hunt that will land, well, somewhere random. We faded out towards the end and got lucky. The game couldve really gone either way in golden point. No-one was looking like hitting a field goal.

Seeing Reynold's performance this morning really hit home about how shit our kicking options are btw. Hunt needs to fine tune his game and learn when to bomb and when to go another option.

This is what frustrates me the most to be honest.

I will admit I am very positive when it comes to bennett but work had not to let the bias my posts for the good of discussion. I made a post that said Bennett has flaws, that our game still needs lots of work, but I noticed to positives and then detailed then detailed them for the sack of the discussion

You have completely ignored those but then accuse others of bias affecting there posts.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

I will admit I am very positive when it comes to bennett but work had not to let the bias my posts for the good of discussion. I made a post that said Bennett has flaws, that our game still needs lots of work, but I noticed to positives and then detailed then detailed them for the sack of the discussion

You have completely ignored those but then accuse others of bias affecting there posts.

We can admit his faults and have numerous times. But we don't need to because directly after every game so far, the same people have turned up to point out the negatives and say "I told you so".

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

To be fair, your post was not in the thread when i was replying. It only showed up after i hit submit. I was originally replying to your previous post, along with cult. So for that i apologise

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

Watching Souths play this morning really puts our "super coached" game into perspective.

Souths were just incredible. Every play they had support players and decoys. Every set was different, not just 4 hitups then go wide then do a crappy bomb regardless of where we are on the field.

Reynolds' kicking game just completely killed any hopes St Helens had. Every kick he did came down/pulled up a metre short of the goal line, and they just bundled them in to the goals for a drop out time after time. The defence was always there in numbers. There were always bodies in motion. They just blew them off the park.

What makes it even more impressive was that it was in the same or worse conditions as the Broncos game, against a tougher opponent, yet they won 39-0 and we won by a penalty goal in golden point.

Give Bennett praise when he deserves it, but that pretty below average match where we stuck pretty closely to our gameplan from the last 3+ years with the bonus of having Milford isn't deserving of heaping praise on Bennett.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

To be fair, your post was not in the thread when i was replying. It only showed up after i hit submit. I was originally replying to your previous post, along with cult. So for that i apologise

All good I didn't realise that, so I apologise too. Nawww :)

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

What makes it even more impressive was that it was in the same or worse conditions as the Broncos game, against a tougher opponent, yet they won 39-0 and we won by a penalty goal in golden point.

Apart from them beating a twelve man team in the final, why are they a tougher team? Also same or worse conditions? Now I'm sure you didn't watch at least one of the games..

I'd like to see St. Helens stats. Seems like they dropped the ball in their own half before every try the Rabbits scored.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Of course the usual suspects can't follow a simple lead and save their thoughts for this thread and decide to turn the old one into the same old conversation...

Of course...

First and last warning, save the other thread for 'happy thoughts' and use this thread as a way to respond like I did.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

I'll let ya know how I feel around Origin time, still saw things in the game I had an issue with but can't expect it to all change after one game either.
Probably best to wait til after origin so we can see if Bennett brought his Post Origin Slump with him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Strop
  • Aldo
  • Spoon
  • Stix
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • winslow_wong
  • Tim K
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • jd87
  • Galah
  • Swordfish
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Manofoneway
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.