The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folau isn't even a Mormon, he used to be, but now he attends Hillsong Church.

Ahh yes, the one who's leader blamed a 7 year old boy for tempting his father into molesting him, then proceeds to write a $10,000 offer on a napkin to the kid later on at McDonalds for his forgiveness.

A great organization.

Last edited:
Probably because he got sick of having to give them 10% of his massive salary

Hillsong also charge 10%. At least the Mormons give you a sweet bike and the chance to make some new friends.

Hillsong also charge 10%. At least the Mormons give you a sweet bike and the chance to make some new friends.

...so they are the same as certain boys orphanges' in Thailand then....nice..!!!?

Back to the Bennett discussion please.

I'm thrilled Hunt didn't come back, I don't like him so thankfully Lockyer didn't have enough to convince him.

Back to the Bennett discussion please.

I'm thrilled Hunt didn't come back, I don't like him so thankfully Lockyer didn't have enough to convince him.

I'm not so sure. He would have been useful last season as an experienced player with plenty of big games under his belt who could play anywhere from 1 - 6. We could have used him as a decent fullback with Barba in the 6, or swap them around. Either way we'd have a good kicker to take the pressure of BHunt, and the Hoff would be out wide as a finisher.

For season 2015 onwards though we'd have no need for him with a glut of fullbacks, at least 3 centres and a gun halves pairing, and he'd cost way too much to be valuable as a winger.

Not sure where else to post this.

Apparently McGuire is going to be boxing in a charity event. That's what I heard from a few people I know, anyway. If he is, I think Bennett and the rest of the Broncos need to get in his ear and convince him not to do it.

The problems he has with his eye, I think it could end badly..

But, I still might go and watch it.

Last edited:
Not sure where else to post this.

Apparently McGuire is going to be boxing in a charity event. That's what I heard from a few people I know, anyway. If he is, I think Bennett and the rest of the Broncos need to get in his ear and convince him not to do it.

The problems he has with his eye, I think it could end badly..

But, I still might go and watch it.

It's not a secret- he's on the poster with Thaiday and Dunimus!

13/12 at Zillmere.

I'm not so sure. He would have been useful last season as an experienced player with plenty of big games under his belt who could play anywhere from 1 - 6. We could have used him as a decent fullback with Barba in the 6, or swap them around. Either way we'd have a good kicker to take the pressure of BHunt, and the Hoff would be out wide as a finisher.

For season 2015 onwards though we'd have no need for him with a glut of fullbacks, at least 3 centres and a gun halves pairing, and he'd cost way too much to be valuable as a winger.
That's fine, I'm not arguing his value as a player, I just don't like a lot about him as a person around the club and I'd rather not cheer him on.

Re: [RUMOUR] Ben Barba to Cronulla

I wonder if Bennett still has the ability to get the best out of anyone anymore.

I wonder if Bennett still has the ability to get the best out of anyone anymore.

He's bringing out the best in some posters on BHQ, that's for sure.

He's bringing out the best in some posters on BHQ, that's for sure.
You talking the ones clinging onto 2006 or the ones cautious about the future?

Cautious is an interesting take on things

Just the ones who attempt to turn everything into a "Does Bennett still have it" thread.

Do we really want to wait 5 years between god like seasons for one player?
I would prefer we sign a player who will play consistently good for 5 years than a player who has an absolute pearler one year and rubbish the next 4

Let's hope we don't re-sign Thaiday ;)

Just the ones who attempt to turn everything into a "Does Bennett still have it" thread.

Considering the discussion about Barba moved to what Bennett can get out of him, it's fair to ask if Bennett has 'it' and can still get the most out of a player.

After watching Newcastle for 3 years, it doesn't look like it. They had a wealth of talent and they played like nuffies.

After watching Newcastle for 3 years, it doesn't look like it. They had a wealth of talent and they played like nuffies.

What is this wealth of talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Culhwch
  • Financeguy
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.