The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really getting sick and tired of this discussion infesting other threads.

Happens the same time everytime. Somebody makes an off-the-cuff remark and the usual suspects from both sides repeat the exact same arguments ad nausea.

Training hasn't even officially started yet. All you have made predictions, you're all entitled to them but you don't need to repeat them thread after thread after thread after thread after thread so on and so forth.

It can't keep up at this rate, I'll give you guys that warning right now.

Probably best we save these threads for posters to be called fucking idiots or cocksuckers.

Barba as a bench utility is surely just a bad joke. It just won't work. I can't see how that role is going to be suited to top flight Rugby league.

Barba as a bench utility is surely just a bad joke. It just won't work. I can't see how that role is going to be suited to top flight Rugby league.
Well if he wants a role in the starting team, he needs to show he's a great player again.

I can't see why his speed out of dummy half at the end of halves wouldn't be an asset, especially if we are chasing points. Tends to play what's in front of him which could create opportunities

I can't see why his speed out of dummy half at the end of halves wouldn't be an asset, especially if we are chasing points. Tends to play what's in front of him which could create opportunities

You'll just agree with whatever Wayne does anyway.

You'll just agree with whatever Wayne does anyway.

I agree with things if I agree with them. But what your doing is much better, being a **** to everyone that agrees with Bennett because you didn't get your own way when it came to the coaching appointment and now you get to be in the BHQ cool group

I agree with things if I agree with them. But what your doing is much better, being a **** to everyone that agrees with Bennett because you didn't get your own way when it came to the coaching appointment and now you get to be in the BHQ cool group

NO! Bennett will do a lot of good being back at the Broncos. He will also do things that IMO are stupid. Like bring Boyd back and make Thaiday captain again. You can blindly agree with Wayne all you like but don't pretend you aren't in the clique group on BHQ.

NO! Bennett will do a lot of good being back at the Broncos. He will also do things that IMO are stupid. Like bring Boyd back and make Thaiday captain again. You can blindly agree with Wayne all you like but don't pretend you aren't in the clique group on BHQ.

I don't blindly agree. I think boyd is a better fullback than barba, sorry but I do. As for Thaiday I have said that would be a shit appointment if he made him captain again, so cut the bullshit.

Enlighten me as to how I am in the clique group, in fact what is the clique group?

So my team lineup for next year is (with the players we have currently signed)

1. Barba
2. Kahu
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Parker
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Gillett

14. Oates
15. Gavet
16. Garbutt
17. Either Molo or Ofahengaue

What does everyone think?

If anyone honestly believes Bennett is signing Boyd because it's what is best for the broncos, then I'm sorry, but they are ****ing idiots.

It was a good signing for the dragons - they needed a fullback.
For the knights... well signing boyd made them a far worse team
Broncos literally have too many fullbacks that we have to offload 1, possibly 2. Boyd coming here is not in the best interest of the club, its in the best interest of Boyd and for some reason Bennett rates that as a higher priority than looking after the club

really unacceptable post dude

I personally do not believe there is any way that WB is signing Boyd for any reason other than he thinks Boyd has something to offer the team that the team needs

Now we can debate all you like about whether we really do need Boyd. Perhaps we don't and WB is dead wrong. He is fallible after all.

So I do believe that he is signing Boyd in what he believes (rightly or wrongly) to be in the best interest of the club, and to call me a ***ing idiot because of it is offensive and unacceptable

I think suggesting a highly successful coach who knows the importance of results would sign anybody out of pity or sentiment or anything else is plain nonsense, and I fail to understand what is so difficult about opening oneself to the possibility that WB simply has a different opinion on some players talent than we do

Re: For the record

I simply cannot remember who hates WB , who loves WB, who likes WB or who never wanted WB. With that in mind I wanted to create something where I can easily reference who hot it right or wrong. If you'd like to I suggest you select either A B C or D

A. I can't stand the old fart and wished he never set foot in the joint again.
B. I totally respect and admire the man, a true league genius and great human.
C. I like WB and am glad he's back but that could change with bad results.
D. Meh, I would have chosen someone else but I've got no beef with WB. Just don't rate him.

E I would have chosen someone else but I've got no beef with WB. I do rate him and now he is here i am willing to let him live or die with the team he wants

Before Bennett being signed as our coach again, if anyone on here had even suggested that we chase Boyd (especially for the 600k we will have to pay him, since the Knights have said they wont pay him a cent if he leaves), they would have been burned at the stake as a heretic.

There's a "clique" group?

Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

What?.. I don't think anyone has said that.. I'm pretty sure nearly every Bennett supporter on this forum has concluded that Boyd was definitely coming here next year, there was only 1-2 people who believed some crap the lurker posted about his "Heart being in Newcastle".

a few quickies. i know there are dozens more "lol @ believing rumours!" type posts:

Should we get rid of Barba in favour of Boyd, as many people seem to think will happen (and yes, I know this is purely rumour without any other base than the fact Boyd has followed WB everywhere). no of course we shouldn't, but that is just wild speculation. Surely I'm not expected to respond to every piece of **** Matthew johns or the media spew out. At this point there is no guarantee Boyd will even play footy again, or at least in the best future. We have no idea the status of his depression. That's crazy speculation but if you want an answer, no I don't think barba should go for Boyd provided that his form keeps improving

Oh has Boyd's signing been announced? I must have missed that

I can't believe it's even a story, the guys got a contract until the end of 2016 after all. That's more than enough time to showcase his skills and attitude for WB to consider. This all seems to be based on some wild speculation about Boyd and his future.

And again, no one knows what will happen. Until then, this is all speculation and hyperbole. It's not healthy to take the kind of line you're taking on this.

Boyd wont come here with Bennett anyway ..... he needs to make a break and stand up on his own.

Boyd was never going to be at the Broncos.

It's just an easy thing for reporters and posters unhappy with Bennett's return to throw out there.

When he went to the dragons it was because the broncos didn't want him and Bennett saw him as usual as a fullback.

When he went to the knights he was one of the top fullbacks in the game and Bennett needed him.

He is no longer one of the top fullbacks in the game, and seeing half our team
Are fullbacks Bennett doesn't need him.

Well if he wants a role in the starting team, he needs to show he's a great player again.

Bit of a stretch to say that Ben Barba is a 'great' player. IMO once you take away his 2012 season he has always been a hit and miss type of guy. His 2011 was good no doubt but he still had plenty of flaws in his game that let his team down. The only coach that has hid him playing very well at a consistent level has been Hasler and even that went for just a year.

Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Cant be true. All the bennett lovers on here have told us how stupid we are to believe the rumours...

a few quickies. i know there are dozens more "lol @ believing rumours!" type posts:

I'm confused.. you've completely changed your argument.

You originally said that people were calling everyone stupid for believing the Boyd rumours, now you come up with a few quotes of people saying stuff like "It's only speculation at the moment".. where are all the aggressive pro-Bennett quotes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • mieko
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • Scorchie
  • Galah
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
  • Maddy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • whykickamoocow
  • winslow_wong
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.