The World Cup general discussion thread

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I honestly think the referees and linesmen can see when a player dives, but most of them lack the balls to do anything about it.

Someone goes down in the box and starts waving their arms about for a penalty, the referee will always wave it away without bothering to book the player for simulation. There needs to be much harsher penalties for players who dive. It is cheating.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I don't understand why soccer doesn't have a video ref. They were discussing it on fox sports news with a soccer expert and they said they don't want to pull the game up etc etc. They need it, so many bullshit calls it is ridiculous.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
atm Portugal is playing awesome. some beautiful football. could be a dark horse.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Portugal 7-0 over North Korea.

I only caught the last 5 mins, but I saw 2 goals in that time.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
they played great. nice passing and stuff. cote d'ivore seem to be out now.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
A Chilean just got booked for diving!

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Portugal played some amazing football, it was a joy to watch. Merieles played amazingly and so did Fabio Coentrao.. Ronaldo played pretty selfishly expect for a few fantastic passes.. great win. Portugal are scary atm. Even without Deco playing..

Also. HELL YEAH SPAIN, WHADDDDUUUPPP!!!

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
I honestly think the referees and linesmen can see when a player dives, but most of them lack the balls to do anything about it.

Someone goes down in the box and starts waving their arms about for a penalty, the referee will always wave it away without bothering to book the player for simulation. There needs to be much harsher penalties for players who dive. It is cheating.

It's pretty simple, without any need to stop games, a Match review committee much like the NRL's go over a game with a fine tooth comb, and deal points/suspensions to divers.

I tell you what, a player like Ronaldo will not dive if it means his carry over points will make him miss a match or two.

SERIOUSLY FIFA DO IT!

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
They do have a match review committee that suspends incidents that weren't punished (ie.Rivaldo's dive vs Turkey at the 2002 World Cup) problem is they don't look at enough incidents, don't punish enough players and they can't punish a player that was carded during a match because they have been deemed to be punished already by the referee. They just need to overhaul the current system, if a player is seen to dive clearly he should receive an automatic one match ban.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Just saw David Villas first goal from last night. That was mint, fantastic individual effort.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
loved watching Spain this morning, some beautiful passing, but their finishing is a massive worry.

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
He muffed that penalty so bad... but.. Fabregas was awesome.

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Dear broadcasters of the World Cup..

does every. single. damn. thing. need to be shown in slow motion? come on, I love slow mo as much as the next guy.. but.. OVERKILLLLL.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The difference between SBS HD and SBS2 is amazing.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
omg what a bad straight red. even tho i say **** france, that was shit.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah, that was extremely soft.

Plus, South Africa's first goal was scored in the same way Kewell was sent off for.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
SA almost score again!!! they are really close to eliminating Mexico if this continues

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.