The World Cup general discussion thread

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Absolutely brilliant performance from the Kiwis!

Delighted for them. Their defence was immense.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
pennywisealfie said:
it was a penalty. de rossi exaggerated it, but there was shirt tugging, penalty.

NZs goal was offside which was bullshit.

There's always shirt tugging in the box and they hardly ever award the penalty.

Penny, how can you support these prima donnas? They dive at every opportunity!

It's embarrassing.

So true. And as for the offside....well isn't it nice that a small team has a call like that go their way. Usually it's the other way around.

Tough shit Italy, and well done New Zealand! icon_smile

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
i hate this tournament so far

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Keïta should be banned from the rest of the tournament and fined through the arse. I really wish FIFA would take a hardline stance on diving, that was absolutely disgusting.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
suck it you diving bastards ... if Australia can't make the next round it would be good to see NZ go through

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Scotty said:
Keïta should be banned from the rest of the tournament and fined through the arse. I really wish FIFA would take a hardline stance on diving, that was absolutely disgusting.

Fucking ridiculous if he gets away with that.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
i remember once that i was shouted down on this very forum for attcking soccer and saying 'its stuff like the diving that makes it gay. I was told it was part of the game and a skill to do and get away with. So whats different about this dive.... Serious question no bait.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Aeetee said:
i remember once that i was shouted down on this very forum for attcking soccer and saying 'its stuff like the diving that makes it gay. I was told it was part of the game and a skill to do and get away with. So whats different about this dive.... Serious question no bait.

Whoever told you that needs to be kicked in the balls very hard. Diving is a blight on the game and a big reason why we cop shit for following the sport.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Diving seems to have gotten worse over the last few years.

They all get paid shitloads of money now, yet still feel the need to act like *****. It's really starting to piss me off.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Diving seems to have gotten worse over the last few years.

They all get paid shitloads of money now, yet still feel the need to act like ****. It's really starting to piss me off.

Because they get away with it. FIFA couldn't organise a piss up in a bottleo. Diving is clear cut cheating.... but every organisational body of the sport basically turn a blind eye to it.

Any person who thinks its good, within the spirit of the game, or even part of the game is pathetic. They're just another idiot who has no grasp of sportsmanship.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:
Aeetee said:

Whoever told you that needs to be kicked in the balls very hard. Diving is a blight on the game and a big reason why we cop shit for following the sport.

It is basically the sole reason I hate soccer. I can't stand them they are all fucking nancy boys. Rolling around in agony when they have barely been touched it is ridiculous. That red card for Kaka was such a bullshit call, but he will still be banned for 1 match.

Someone needs to sort it out because it is a massive blight on the game, it is such a skillful sport but they are a bunch of fucking girls.

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Je$ter said:
Scotty said:
Aeetee said:

It is basically the sole reason I hate soccer. I can't stand them they are all **** nancy boys. Rolling around in agony when they have barely been touched it is ridiculous. That red card for Kaka was such a bullshit call, but he will still be banned for 1 match.

Someone needs to sort it out because it is a massive blight on the game, it is such a skillful sport but they are a bunch of **** girls.

This is why Australia doesn't do well at soccer and Austrailans just don't dig soccer as much as some other games, because it's so against all the Australian sporting ideals. Standing up for your mates, physical strength, fighting for each other, playing hard, playing through pain, asking and giving no quarter, and being true and fair dinkum are never celebrated in soccer - having those qualities is only punished by opponents who gain an advantage by exaggerating pain (diving, staying down etc) and other forms of cheating and refs who will produce a red card at any sign of a physical contest - unless of course you're playing for one of the highly fancied teams. That's the other thing - Aussies love the underdog but when the "favourite" is always the beneficiary of favouritISM, that doesn't go down too well. There's a classic Aussie word that best sums up FIFA and their attitude to just about anything - the one word name for male cattle manure.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Astroboy said:
Je$ter said:
Scotty said:
Aeetee said:

It is basically the sole reason I hate soccer. I can't stand them they are all **** nancy boys. Rolling around in agony when they have barely been touched it is ridiculous. That red card for Kaka was such a bullshit call, but he will still be banned for 1 match.

Someone needs to sort it out because it is a massive blight on the game, it is such a skillful sport but they are a bunch of **** girls.

This is why Australia doesn't do well at soccer and Austrailans just don't dig soccer as much as some other games, because it's so against all the Australian sporting ideals. Standing up for your mates, physical strength, fighting for each other, playing hard, playing through pain, asking and giving no quarter, and being true and fair dinkum are never celebrated in soccer - having those qualities is only punished by opponents who gain an advantage by exaggerating pain (diving, staying down etc) and other forms of cheating and refs who will produce a red card at any sign of a physical contest - unless of course you're playing for one of the highly fancied teams. That's the other thing - Aussies love the underdog but when the "favourite" is always the beneficiary of favouritISM, that doesn't go down too well. There's a classic Aussie word that best sums up FIFA and their attitude to just about anything - the one word name for male cattle manure.

Are you suggesting Australians were the first to coin the term "bullshit"? [icon_lol1. It's not fair to tarnish all of football with the image of divers and cheats. It's not all like that, but yes it is rampant. Those opinions aren't exclusive to Australians either, I've met European blokes who hate football because of the diving etc. A lot of people in Britain and France prefer Rugby as well.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Just saw the dive LOLZ. It really depresses me that stuff like this keeps happening and the culprits either get off or get next to nothing for something which is blatant cheating.

Also love seeing Italy struggle Lippi has picked such a retarded squad, so old and so little in terms of attacking threats, he desperately needed to get over his tiff with Cassano.

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Scotty said:
Astroboy said:
Je$ter said:
Scotty said:
Aeetee said:

Are you suggesting Australians were the first to coin the term "bullshit"? [icon_lol1. It's not fair to tarnish all of football with the image of divers and cheats. It's not all like that, but yes it is rampant. Those opinions aren't exclusive to Australians either, I've met European blokes who hate football because of the diving etc. A lot of people in Britain and France prefer Rugby as well.

No not suggesting we invented it, just that it's pretty widely used here (I know it is in other places too). You're right the divers and cheats are not "all of football" but they give it a pretty bad name, that and the fact that you can cop a penalty and a send-off, which changes the whole game, for getting hit by the ball. It's just opposite to the Aussie state of mind. That's why RL has the rule about the ball "not being played at" which doesn't unfairly penalise players not at fault. It seems you have to be more of a ballerina than an athlete to succeed at soccer. Maybe that's why the Matildas do better at it than the Socceroos.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
ive been saying for ages now that its crazy that they keep on with the rules they have currently to deter divers. they just arent doing their job. Ive often said that what should happen is that refs can have a 2nd look via video replay if they think an important foul is contentious, or get a 2nd opinion from a video ref. if someone is judged to be fouled then free kick. if the player has dived, then he is sent off. people always say thats too drastic. well i see it as the only way to stop it.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
ive been saying for ages now that its crazy that they keep on with the rules they have currently to deter divers. they just arent doing their job. Ive often said that what should happen is that refs can have a 2nd look via video replay if they think an important foul is contentious, or get a 2nd opinion from a video ref. if someone is judged to be fouled then free kick. if the player has dived, then he is sent off. people always say thats too drastic. well i see it as the only way to stop it.

I reckon that's fair and probably the only way to stop it.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.