The World Cup general discussion thread

How weird is this forward formation for Argentina, it's pretty much just messi, tevez and higuain running where ever they want. Higuain in particular looks a little lost by getting pushed wide.

Yeah they should have started Milito or Aguero over Higuain with that formation as they are quicker and can comfortably come from wide areas. Man they looked good though in both midfield and attack, Messi looks primed they could really do anything at this tournament if he and Tevez stay fit.

Robert Green ay. Quite the error, that one.

The Brizz said:
Yeah they should have started Milito or Aguero over Higuain with that formation as they are quicker and can comfortably come from wide areas. Man they looked good though in both midfield and attack, Messi looks primed they could really do anything at this tournament if he and Tevez stay fit.

I dunno, I wasn't as impressed by Argentina. For all their attacking class they only managed to score from a woefully defender set piece and this was against two centre backs who have been warming the bench all year for their club sides. They aren't going to get that kind of run against a more structured defense. I think Yakubu in particular highlighted their defensive fragility aswell.

Messi was brilliant tho and on another day could have got a hattrick, however I don't think he is good enough to overcome Maradonas ineptitude. I can't believe he picked that donkey from Newcastle over Zanetti, he looks so far our of place on the team sheet its ridiculous.

Slovenia score, I barely hear a difference in crowd noise. Apparently a lot of broadcasts have turned down the volume of the mics recording the crowd, it's still constant and annoying as **** though

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[icon_non I bet most of the people doing it are just the locals who have NFI about football as well. They would have to be, a football fan wouldn't pay to sit and blow a trumpet for 2 hours. Seriously they are a blight on this world cup, I hate the dickheads who say 'let them do it their own way, celebrate the WC they way they want to." How about NO you twats! The rest of the world want to enjoy it too you stupid c u nts!!1 :evil:

Well, that was a very disappointing first half. The Germans dominated the Socceroos.

Cmooooon!

Utterly shit performance.

No way Cahill should have been sent off either.

I woke up at about 6 saw the score and went back to bed. Pretty ordinary considering the way we've been getting talked up by the Aussie press. Also considering the fact the German coach said they would struggle to score goals.

Is Cahill out for the next game?

He is. Shocking decision it was too

Can't work out Pim's tactics. Surely after the way they cut us to shreds in the first half we had to stop trying to play the offside trap.

That wasn't a red card by any means. Possibly a yellow, but not a red. Verbeek is a muppet, Garcia up front? Since when the **** does Garcia play as a striker? Defence is old and slow so never had a chance against Germany anyway.

Ghana won last night as well, so we now need to beat Ghana and Serbia to advance, our next game will be without Timmy Cahill as he will be suspended for his red card. I think Germany should win both of their remaining games.

Verbeeks aim was to get us to the World Cup that is it, and that is what he has done and his has been showed up for his lack of coaching ability by our lack of quality players. Our backs are TOO slow, we have no strikers and the formation played was crap. To not pick the younger players in the likes of Oar and Holland who give us the ex factor and go with OLD tried and tested will see us straight out the backdoor I'm afraid to say.

Oh and that Mexican ref was terrible no way was it a straight red, missed a clear handball and as for the dissent yellows (even though our backs got the calls wrong re off-side) shows he had no control of the game.

On a positive my wife has Germany to win the Cup and she is looking good early.

Germany did look good but I would largely attribute that to how poor Australia were. It will be interesting to see how Australia play against Ghana and Serbia, at this stage I don't think they will get a point.

Ledley King possibly out of the WC [eusa_doh Good shout Fabio you bellend. Maybe if you stopped eating spaghetti and being in the mafia you would be able to use common sense. Where has the no-nonsense brilliant tactician gone? Carragher looked slow as shit vs the USA, wouldn't mind seeing Michael Dawson get a run out but it's not gonna happen since Capello is full of shit. "I'll pick players on form, not reputation" My arse you will you stupid Iti postman pat looking pratt.

Green/James/Hart (They're all as ordinary as each other)
Johnson--Dawson--Terry--Cole
----------------Barry-------------
Lennon-----Lampard-------Cole
-------------------Gerrard--------
---------Rooney-------------------

Wouldn't mind seeing that get a run out at some point.

at least I've got Italy & argentina

You've got Italy and Argentina?

That was piss poor this morning! Our centre backs are both atrocious, Neill and Moore both over or under committed time and again, continually let Klose get away for free headers and simply were not up to the pace. The first two goals were big mistakes by Neill first keeping the German onside when he was way too deep and the second letting Klose get in unopposed to meet the header which forced Schwarzer out to contest a ball he shouldn't have needed to come out for. Cahill shouldn't have been sent off but it is a huge problem in his game he dives in from behind and the side late like that so often and when you do that you put a big target on your head, it was absolute stupidity if nothing else.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Manlyman
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • Rambstien
  • Manofoneway
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • Lostboy
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.