CRICKET Third Test- Australia v South Africa

Was anyone just listening to that chat between Matt Renshaw & Howie? I’m 43% sure Renshaw said “it was fucked up” 😯

Looks like rain is coming down again, oh well.

Do they not have drainage at the SCG? How could it get that bad? Given the amount of time lost to rain there, surely they'd be the experts at dealing with wet conditions.

season 5 GIF

And the fucking covers are back on.

Play could've started almost an hour ago, but instead they've been running around with leaf blowers trying to dry out 3 days worth of rain.

It's almost 11:30 down there.... $1.01 these idiots take an early lunch when it stops raining and we sit around for 40mins in sunshine with nothing happening only for it to start raining again later on.

Play resumes in half an hour.

As long as it doesn't rain again.

Australia has declared, poor Uzzie.

The declaration had to be done... Sydney's shit house weather and inadequate protection of the pitch and wicket square meant too much time had been lost to give Uzzie a couple overs for the 200

I'd have given him 2- 3 overs max, but I guess he'll appreciate the not out average boost

I'd have given him 2- 3 overs max, but I guess he'll appreciate the not out average boost

Problem would be then you have the 15 minute change over you'd lose 30 minutes of bowling.

Problem would be then you have the 15 minute change over you'd lose 30 minutes of bowling.

Does it need to be that long though? Changeover should take 5 minutes. Hell even tell the Saffas top order you've got 10 minutes in the field and send subs out in their place if they want. Don't roll the pitch or anything either

Does it need to be that long though? Changeover should take 5 minutes. Hell even tell the Saffas top order you've got 10 minutes in the field and send subs out in their place if they want. Don't roll the pitch or anything either

I have never heard of openers saying don't need 15 minutes.

Elgar again down the leg side- that's such good captaincy and bowling plan.

Any chance of a few sporting declarations and a game? I am not writing it off.

18 overs left today. Needs to be seven down at least tonight.

I would love if they had an Aust A tour going at the same time as the main series.

I think it could be easier for India, because the IPL is assisting them in remunerating the players.

Young cricketers over there can see a professional career in cricket if they can jag a spot in T20's... although something that won't be helping them is preventing Indian players from participating in other T20 comps around the world.

But what they do have in the IPL is players basically being able to be full time professionals through their 'Shield' setup... they can devote 100% of their time to improving as cricketers... whereas guys in the Aust setup are still making bats, etc. to earn a wage.

More investment may be required at the shield level (coaching, wages, etc.) and preparing the next group of players to come into the international teams.

They've just signed a massive TV deal and you hope some of that is filtering down to the shield setup. Maybe give each team enough money to support a Top 11 (outside the Aust players) as a fulltime wage... basically a salary cap. That way the Shield teams are identifying the best talents coming through their setups rather than the Aust selectors having to do it from distance

WA have a system where Shield and BBL team / players only play for WA .
Other states have imports and exports .

I'm not so sympathetic towards Uzzie, he was working it around for singles when everyone and their dog knew it was only a matter of time before the covers came out

That was some display of fast bowling from Pat Cummins this afternoon

I didn't get a chance to watch much today but just saw some highlights. Cummins has just identified Jansen's weakness, short-pitched bowling at his arms around the wicket, watch a lot of teams exploit that now.

Also, that was an outstanding effort by Agar, shame he didn't pull it off.

Smith took a screamer BUT I am ok it wasn't given, it even outs the not out against Labs for SA, so no one can complain there now.

That ball from Lyon was mesmerising. Yes, the batsman made a poor decision but for all intents and purposes, that ball looked like it was comfortably spinning away and it didn't, straight on to the top of off, stunning.

Unread

Active Now

• broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Morepudding
  • broncs30
  • Hurrijo
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.