Time for a new coach. . .

Bernie_Fartado said:
I think Tunza would make an excellent coach. He knows his stuff. He would have to probably start in the QLD cup and then take over from Ivan next year. He is respected by the players and you could have Kevin Walters as his assisant.

Tunza = Complete Professionl. (Agency / Playing/ Coaching)

Cheers

Bernie

ROFLMFAO ....

Now..can we all agree that Benetts removal was THE WRONG MOVE or do we still have 'defenders of the faith' ??

A separate contention....a rookie coach traded for the Worlds best coach ....this we did so we could improve', move into the future '......has the move failed ?

This Broncos side is even more boring than ever if the stats are to be believed....we appear to be the worst at just about everything. Buggered if I can see where the improvement that Benetts removal was supposed to ensure.

Henjak might be a good coach someday but whether he has followed a giant or not his efforts so far appear pretty ordinary. This club was built solidly , Ivan trod on bedrock when he took control. How can we be below average everywhere ?

Geez, some fans on here sound like the fans of clubs down south. One season below standard and the coach has to go. In fact, it hasn't even been a full season!! Pathetic. Give him this year and next year, sack Bruno in the meantime, then revisit this thread.

Rather than concentrate on the 'fan' the question is how can we be this ordinary....what are the reasons and does Henjak offer anything new ??

Huge. said:
Now..can we all agree that Benetts removal was THE WRONG MOVE or do we still have 'defenders of the faith' ??

A separate contention....a rookie coach traded for the Worlds best coach ....this we did so we could improve', move into the future '......has the move failed ?

This Broncos side is even more boring than ever if the stats are to be believed....we appear to be the worst at just about everything. Buggered if I can see where the improvement that Benetts removal was supposed to ensure.

Henjak might be a good coach someday but whether he has followed a giant or not his efforts so far appear pretty ordinary. This club was built solidly , Ivan trod on bedrock when he took control. How can we be below average everywhere ?

In case you are not aware Bennett resigned as Broncos coach he was not sacked, in fact he still had another year on his contract.

Huge. said:
Rather than concentrate on the 'fan' the question is how can we be this ordinary....what are the reasons and does Henjak offer anything new ??

The problem is that we currently have a very young, inexperienced side. and it is hard for those type of sides to get up every week in the hardest rugby league comp in the world

Foordy said:
Huge. said:

In case you are not aware Bennett resigned as Broncos coach he was not sacked, in fact he still had another year on his contract.

Arguable Foordy. They'd basically told him his contract would not be extended beyond 2009. So rather than dawdling he decided to get out early and find a club that saw him in their future plans.

yay bruno

in all seriousness though, Henjack is doing a good enough job with the roster he has. We now have one of the weaker packs in the comp, so taking that into consideration, i think our results have been pretty good.

surely this thread is a joke.

after the bitching that has gone on in this and other forums about bennett over the past 8 years, he is suddenly our perfect solution again?? I wish he hadn't left, but the fact is he did and everyone should be used to it. We've had duds over the past several years even with Bennett at the helm - Bott, Tupou, Richard Swain, Motu Tony, our issues at hooker and halfback at various times.

I think Ivan's doing a great job with the side. The reality was always going to be that we have a host of good young talent coming through and we would lose some of our NRL players as a result.

I would say it's a young side but hardly different to most other sides in the comp. What I am saying is there does not appear to be any great innovation nor any improvement anywhere. Recent stats indicate a serious decline and some of it must be down to the coach. WB may have resigned but only to predate the push. Replacing him with a novice was pure folly and the NRL was no place to be used as a proving ground.

So how long until the stupidity of WBs removal is admitted ?? We may make the finals, just fall in even but unless we at least match the previous years then nothing good has come of it. If Henjak takes us all the way, makes us a consistent and entertaining side, nurtures future champions and sets the standard for other clubs and coachs to follow then he will ONLY HAVE EQUALED WHAT WE HAD BEFORE !!!!!!!!!!........some smart decision that was.

Haha, at the start of the year when the broncos were going great (to the point everyone was placing them as premiership favourites), everyone was singing Henjacks praise. Now after a few losses, Henjack is suddenly a poor coach and releasing Bennett was the worst move at Red Hill since signing Scott Minto. How you Broncos fans turn on your team when all is not going so well huh?

You've all had the luxury of having a team full of superstars for so long that you've forgotten what it's like to be losers. Well don't get used to it, cause in the years to come the Broncos are going to slide down the ladder to the point of being wooden spooners in 2012. I guess we'll see who the real fans are then - it's easy to support a team that is winning!

Bit broad a statement..that all 'were singing his praises'' . I was not. There is no doubt that pushing WB was the worst decision at Red Hill...as many said at the time. There is nothing sudden about it. Many feel deeply betrayed and that feeling won't go away for many years. I don't know if IH is a good coach but time will tell. I agree strongly with your last line.

Regardless of Henjaks performance...if we are'nt better for WBs removal then what the fark was the point ???

I really get the feeling that WB is pulling out all stops to try and win the premiership this year, just so he can stick it up Bruno and the broncs.

lame thread tbh. if its done in a way where you're living in a fantasy world where this is a thread like the one about if you could go after any player to play for the broncos, who would u get?

but really tho, poor Ivan, he hasnt even had a proper chance yet, before all this swine flu and origin bullshit, the broncos were in the top 4!!

Huge. said:
WB may have resigned but only to predate the push. Replacing him with a novice was pure folly and the NRL was no place to be used as a proving ground.

I don't agree with that statement at all. Look at Craig Bellamy and Neil Henry both were "novice" coaches when they got their starts in the NRL. In fact, Bellamy was assistant to Bennett just like Henjak. and neither had brilliant first up seasons in the top grade, but had the Storm sacked Bellamy (as some people are saying the Broncos should do to Henjak), then i highly doubt that the Storm would have won three minor premierships in a row or made three GF's in a row. Not only will it take a little time for Henjak to develop more as a coach, but it will take the players a little time to get used to the way he coaches and the style he wants the team to play. IMO i think Henjak should be allowed to fulfill his ENTIRE 2 year contract before any decision is made on whether he is the man to lead the Broncos

Also i don't think that any club has a team as young as ours, so these players also need time to develop, and IMO, we have quite a few talented youngsters that we can build future successful teams around.

Wayne to return to Brisbane as Lockyer's assistant in 2011

Raw Boned Youngster said:
Wayne to return to Brisbane as Lockyer's assistant in 2011

He'll be at the Dragons in 2011

Wayne won't come back while Bruno is still around so quit dreaming..... If Lockyer coaches the Broncos we may see Bennett back at the club.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • The True King
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • ivanhungryjak
  • mrslong
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.