NEWS Tom Dearden to Shit Factory: STFU already

It’s an easy narrative to write, “star kid not getting played so will sign with another club”, but I’m sure Kevvie has told him his reasons and he knows exactly what he needs to do. At the end of the day it’s entirely up to Tom, if he’s ready he will show it.

Last edited:
He needs to just play footy and let that do the talking. If he and his manager think he can be making statements like "if I am not in the team in 6 weeks I am leaving" then to be honest I would just say there is the door now pack your bag and get out. I am sick to death of these guys saying they want to stay but their actions speak otherwise. The manager wants him in front of cameras as much as possible during this time, not so he stays but so he can inflate his asking price. To be honest we just need to get out there and start bringing in players who want to be here and move these privileged kids on.

If he stays good on him, it shows he is ready to work. In 12 months we may see him at 7 and Croft at 6, if Milf doesn't pull his finger out. The club can't be paying Milf 1 million anymore so it will be possibility he is leaving either way. I would be less surprised to see Milf in another jersey next year chasing money that is closer to his current contract.

There are a number of quality proven half's on the market right now who I would be making known we are interested in. If Dearden or Milf wants to move on, then there are equal to better proven players in the market so goodluck. The Broncos have to be more active in the player market and stop trying to hold their current hand.

You keep thinking Grant is magically going to be playing for Brisbane next year for one. I get the mindset of shooting for the stars, but there’s a need for a bit of realism, and Grant not coming to Brisbane is that.

Last edited:
You keep thinking Grant is magically going to be playing for Brisbane next year for one. I get the mindset of shooting for the stars, but there’s a need for a bit of realism, and Grant not coming to Brisbane is that.

I don’t see how that equals me wanting every half to come to Brisbane though?

I think the reason we are in the shithole we are in now is because we played all these young kids so that they wouldn’t leave. Cardigan might actually have been good if he spent more time in qcup. Same goes for Dearden. Why be rushed in to a team that’s going to be bottom of the table and has basically no genuine leaders or experience in it. He would probably learn a lot more from the Qcup guys.

I do hope KW has a legit plan around the halves. Croft is off contract at seasons end, as it Dearden. If Dearden is the saviour that the club has pumped him up to be ie "long term half" then I genuinely cannot see why we are not playing him now.
Sure, I get Croft has more experience than Dearden but in my mind the two are at about the same level. I think Dearden can be the teams long term half but I'd be getting him in the 17 now.
Having Croft in there means that combos will start clicking (hopefully) soon but, then what? We chuck Dearden in and we are back at square 1 again..
Im not opposed to Dearden doing his time in Q cup, but it would have to be a little confusing for the bloke. It is coming across as Croft is ahead in the pecking order, and I cannot see why that is.
Then you have Lockyer coming out and suggesting that Dearden is one of the most under pressure players at the club, honestly, wtf..
At the very least I'd be getting Dearden to play a 14 role.
The whole thing is very confusing, but this is there Brisbane Broncos, so I expect nothing less.

I do hope KW has a legit plan around the halves. Croft is off contract at seasons end, as it Dearden. If Dearden is the saviour that the club has pumped him up to be ie "long term half" then I genuinely cannot see why we are not playing him now.
Sure, I get Croft has more experience than Dearden but in my mind the two are at about the same level. I think Dearden can be the teams long term half but I'd be getting him in the 17 now.
Having Croft in there means that combos will start clicking (hopefully) soon but, then what? We chuck Dearden in and we are back at square 1 again..
Im not opposed to Dearden doing his time in Q cup, but it would have to be a little confusing for the bloke. It is coming across as Croft is ahead in the pecking order, and I cannot see why that is.
Then you have Lockyer coming out and suggesting that Dearden is one of the most under pressure players at the club, honestly, wtf..
The whole thing is very confusing, but this is there Brisbane Broncos, so I expect nothing less.
The 14 role is useless for his development. It’s a lot different to origin where it’s an apprenticeship role. It’s simple, Dearden needs to dominate ISC regularly to get back into first grade.

I watched a bit of the north sydney game (sam walker was playing at 6). It was the first time i had seen him play other than highlights.

He was impressive and had a hand in most of their tries. He needs to work on his defence as most young halves do, but i would be trying to get him back now that some of the numpties have moved on (he is off contract this year). Sam and his family may be happier and more willing to give the broncos a second chance with kevie and donaghy at the helm

The way he played reminded me a little of the current penrith five eighth.

Last edited:
I think the reason we are in the shithole we are in now is because we played all these young kids so that they wouldn’t leave. Cardigan might actually have been good if he spent more time in qcup. Same goes for Dearden. Why be rushed in to a team that’s going to be bottom of the table and has basically no genuine leaders or experience in it. He would probably learn a lot more from the Qcup guys.
If you think Carrigan is a bad player then you have no understanding of the game. He makes a lot of post contact metres and finds his front more often than not. He does need to improve his recovery in the ruck, him not getting up was the cause of Mahoney’s try against the eels, but he’s by no means a bad player. He was our best player for almost all games at the back end of last year.

I watched a bit of the north sydney game (sam walker was playing at 6). It was the first time i had seen him play other than highlights.

He was impressive and had a hand in most of their tries. He needs to work on his defence as most young halves do, but i would be trying to get him back now that some of the numpties have moved on (he is off contract this year). Sam and his family may be happier and more willing to give the broncos a second chance with kevie and donaghy at the helm

The way he played reminded me a little of the current penrith five eighth.
I can’t believe we let him go originally. He looks like such a special player.

I can’t believe we let him go originally. He looks like such a special player.
He has stated that he has no intention of leaving the Roosters, so if that is true, we aren't much hope of getting him back.

Milford and Dearden are off contract, I believe Croft has 1 more year to go (off
Contract end of next year).

I think Dearden needs to develop his game more and Q cup is the place to do it. Dearden and Croft are roughly on par at the moment but Dearden is in q cup precisely because he’s the long term option. He is developing.

Being flogged in a struggling first grade team while under immense pressure is no way to work on the intricacies of your playmaker role, and even less so if it’s at 14 playing 15 minutes off the bench.

I dunno, the Walkers tell a pretty grim story about our clubs etiquette around Sam. This one was definitely a blunder.

I'm not saying we did everything right ... hell, I'm not even saying we did anything right in the Walker case.

But letting him go implies, we did nothing to try and keep him, which isn't the case.

Walker (and his family) thought it best to take the Roosters offer instead of ours ... a decision that probably wouldn't have been made if Kevvie was in place 12 months earlier

I won't be surprised if we end up with Dearden and Croft as 5/8 with Milf moved on. Milford needs a great season to be considered and the single performance he's given so far I didn't see a massive improvement. I'm biased admittedly and that's due to his more downs than ups efforts over the last couple of years.

His defence was only marginally better than last year in my opinion and I've always thought he just won't put his body on the line. He still does this arm grabber type shit at times.

Last edited:
I won't be surprised if we end up with Dearden and Croft as 5/8 with Milf moved on. Milford needs a great season to be considered and the single performance he's given so far I didn't see a massive improvement. I'm biased admittedly and that's due to his more downs than ups efforts over the last couple of years.

His defence was only marginally better than last year in my opinion and I've always thought he just won't put his body on the line. He still does this arm grabber type shit at times.
I’m hot and cold about Milf but there’s no current substitute at the club for his kicking game (chip and chase excluded). His kicking game is currently far superior to both Dearden and Croft’s and I think we are in even bigger trouble without it. I’m happy to move him on but we need someone who has a decent boot to replace him. For me it’s a big Croft OR Dearden situation not both. Unless Dearden really makes some massive gains in his kicking abilities this season.

I've invented a new dance, instead of moving forward you just go sideways. I call it The Carrigan.
Come everybody let's do The Carrigan...1 tackle.
2 tackle. 3 tackle. 4. move to the left, more, more, more!!!

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • Johnny92
  • teampjta
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • Strop
  • bazza
  • Sproj
  • heartly87
  • broncoscope
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.