Travis Waddell signs with the Broncos for 2015

Are you serious? 'Jabs' - it's called a discussion mate.

You're always fairly keen to have a crack at other posters' grammar and so forth, so I would have expected you to get your infer/imply round the right way.

As I recall Wayne brought Waddell up here to help him out as Newcastle didn't want him. I think the lack of interest in Waddell is pretty reasonable as he makes for good depth and is cheap but wouldn't be in anyone's first 17.
You're right. I guess three nights of midnight to midday was enough for me to make an error. I used the incorrect word. As for your second line, I have no idea what you're banging on about. The subject is the alleged fade outs and when were they seen. Nothing else. Yes b4, the unnecessary poke about whether I was aware of his past when it seemed blindingly obvious that I was. Everyone has to be nice to one another around here so make sure you put a smiley face on when being a tiny bit mean.

I never asked anyone anything other than to provide an example or supply some evidence that Waddell fades in and out of games. It seems as though superfreak,b4 and now Morkel all were watching Waddell in 2014 and prior to that as all attest to him being inattentive. Irrespective of those views it seems harsh to me as he was quite young at the time.

The second and rhetorical question I raised in my response to Morkel was simply to point out that WB knew his history but didn't think it important enough to prevent him offering him a two year deal. That deal meant that he has been under WB for almost 4 years so even with fade outs WB considers him first grade standard.

Anyway, it looks to me that these keen students of the game should have their views respected and it isn't a case of a silly comment of super freaks gaining a life of its own. Seeing as we are all fans, let us hope Waddell continues to produce like he has for the last five halves of football and the fades out, real or otherwise do not reappear.

NRL.com has the evidence. I'm sure you know how to look up videos.

Your challenge, if you wish to accept it, is to try and prove my comment wrong. You said you haven't seen much of him before his Broncos performances, so go back and watch him.

His games with the Raiders might still be on there, maybe. But I'm happy to provide you with links to all of the games he played for them.

Last edited:
NRL.com has the evidence. I'm sure you know how to look up videos.

Your challenge, if you wish to accept it, is to try and prove my comment wrong. You said you haven't seen much of him before his Broncos performances, so go back and watch him.

His games with the Raiders might still be on there, maybe. But I'm happy to provide you with links to all of the games he played for them.
The challenge is never on the person who questions the claim, it's always on the claimant. I made no claims, merely asked on what basis you claimed he faded in and out of games or was inconsistent. Perhaps he was in the past, I don't know but I would imagine one would have to watch hours and hours of footage to reach that conclusion and you most obviously have watched a great deal of him. It's on the games he played 4 to 7 years ago at the Raiders you make the assessment on then I take it Hopefully those inconsistent days are behind him.

Unread

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • Tim K
  • Old Mate
  • sooticus
  • Wolfie
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Midean
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RolledOates
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.