Trials

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Yep the whole country is backwards. But $19.99=$20, therefore Wynnum = Redcliffe

And Tigers are feeder for the Broncos - same as Wynumm [icon_shru

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I thought Tigers were feeders for Rabbits? When did that change?

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
They were never a feeder for the Rabbits. They had a few players who got recruited by the Rabbits during 2007, but they were never a feeder.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ethos said:
Flutterby said:
ethos said:
Will get down to Langlands on the 28th if I can. icon_thumbs_u

Want in on the bet?

If Coxy's prepared for a potential third dagwood dog.

And according to http://www.etixdirect.com.au/index.php?e=6066312&n=FOOTY FEST '09 - Standing Tickets
tickets for the game at the Sunshine Coast are $25. Pretty expensive for just a trial..

For the good of my reputation as a football afficianado, I will down 3 dagwood dogs.

I'll just make sure I flog myself at oztag training the next day! :P

Yeah, $25 for a trial ticket is a bit expensive, but the way I see it they're usually in regional areas and that money helps that area develop league at the grassroots so I have no problem with it.

Grandstand tickets at Toowoomba a few years back were like $35. (Not that it stopped the Clydesdales going bankrupt).

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
mick! said:
$25 is exy, but unfortunately prett average for a trial match. However, have you seen the line-up of footy action at the Sunny Coast on that day? Goes from 10am IIRC... so if you could make it for a fair portion of that, 11 hours of footy at $25 is value!
Yea they have games goen all day and into the night and plus Its not like $25 is alot lol

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
$25 not a lot? No, if you alone go and don't buy any food or drink during the whole day or night you're there.

Take a family (2 adults, 2 kids), looking at $60+ at least for tickets (assuming a kids' ticket for a 10 year old is about $10 and under 5s free).

Drinks during the day, probably $10-$20.
Food during the day, probably $40-$50 if you stay all day (which I wouldn't with young kids, but then there's people who take infants to football games so who knows...)

So no, $25 may not sound like much, but it quickly becomes an expensive day out.

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
I've never really understood when you see parents take a little baby to the footy. Being a father now of a 2 month old girl, I would never take her until she's 5 or 6. Anything could happen at a game of footy.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Exactly. And getting there and back too. Anyone who's witnessed the drunken idiots after the games at Suncorp knows how dodgy it can be around the gates and on the trains etc.

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
Yep agreed, the other thing that annoys me is when a Channel 9 camera flashes by one, a parent will hold them up and wave them around in the air, with their little limbs wobbling around.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
lol I'm not even a parent I have have had a couple of heated debates on here about people taking newborns or just babies in general to football games. Absolutely no place for a child that young.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agreed. Although I do see a big difference between 50,000 at Suncorp and 400 at a Qld Cup match. Still wouldn't dream of taking Grace along to a match for a long while yet - but heading to Langlands or somewhere on a Sunday arvo will be on the agenda long before a trip to Lang Park is considered.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Definitely. took nick to a game at Langlands last year. He didn't bother with the footy much, but found another kid who was playing with a toy car and that kept him entertained! Haha.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
took my boy to England Vs PNG in townsville before he was even 1 and had no problems at all. he actually stood just infront of my seat and watched the field for most the time or sat on mine or the gfs lap.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
i think ill make it out to the cowboys game at suncorp stadium :P

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
$25 not a lot? No, if you alone go and don't buy any food or drink during the whole day or night you're there.

Take a family (2 adults, 2 kids), looking at $60+ at least for tickets (assuming a kids' ticket for a 10 year old is about $10 and under 5s free).

Drinks during the day, probably $10-$20.
Food during the day, probably $40-$50
if you stay all day (which I wouldn't with young kids, but then there's people who take infants to football games so who knows...)

So no, $25 may not sound like much, but it quickly becomes an expensive day out.

Lol Coxy, you would spend more on food than drink???

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yes, I don't drink at the football :P Just water and softies.

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Fair enough... But Geezzz.... how much do you eat??? $40-50???? What are you eating - seafood buffet? Lol!!

That's alot of meat pies :P

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I am of course talking about taking a family of 4 to the footy :P If you're there all day I'm thinking at least a burger and chips each, and then possibly an ice cream or something later... :P

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • Pablo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.