Trials

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Ahh... ok... so you'll take the tykes.. but only for a little while. Got ya :P

Packing sandwiches or picnic food like quiches and potato chips can save you. Just a suggestion [icon_wink

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Oh for sure. I'm not saying I'm DOING this, I'm just saying people who say "$25 isn't much" aren't thinking of the family that does go, and has enough to carry without taking their own food too, thus buy at the game.

It adds up.

FTR, I wouldn't take either of my kids to an NRL game, and would only take Nick (4yo) to a Q Cup game like at Langlands. Took him last year and he got freaked out when the crowd of a few hundred cheered for the teams as they ran on...he'd flip out at Suncorp with 30000 people! :P

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
So who's planning on going to the Redcliffe game to hang out with me eh, eh? you know you want to...

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well if I went you'd be hanging with me, since you're my lackie remember.

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Took him last year and he got freaked out when the crowd of a few hundred cheered for the teams as they ran on...he'd flip out at Suncorp with 30000 people! :P

LOL a few Hundred Tiger Fans at Langlands probably make more noise then 30000 Broncos Fans at Suncorp

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Coxy said:
Well if I went you'd be hanging with me, since you're my lackie remember.
indeed, i'll have to walk around saying "coxy is hte orsm"

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
BroncoMatt said:
Coxy said:
Took him last year and he got freaked out when the crowd of a few hundred cheered for the teams as they ran on...he'd flip out at Suncorp with 30000 people! :P

LOL a few Hundred Tiger Fans at Langlands probably make more noise then 30000 Broncos Fans at Suncorp

LOL true that Matt.

But more importantly, Nick has the attention span of a gold fish...he was bored with the game after 2 minutes and wanted to go run around and play. Good luck doing that at Suncorp!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, and you don't want to be chaining kids to the seat and get them to watch every minute of it. You want them to enjoy going to the footy.

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I first took Christopher to a game at Suncorp when he was about 3 or 4. Was excited for about 2 minutes.

Now when we take the kids they are ok if the Broncos are scoring tries and they can cheer and wave their flags - but other than that we have to make sure I have lollypops or something in my bag for them.

The best and worst game we took them to was that semi final last year v Storm. They got fully into it - watched pretty much the entire game - kept looking at the time remaining and the score....cheering and all... then didn't understand the confusion in the last minute and didn't even realise we lost (until they saw Mummy close to tears lol). I think that scarred them for life. worst.ending.ever.

Wouldn't mind doing this Redcliffe game though... mrslong and Coxy you can be MY bitches.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
bronco_babe77 said:
I first took Christopher to a game at Suncorp when he was about 3 or 4. Was excited for about 2 minutes.

Now when we take the kids they are ok if the Broncos are scoring tries and they can cheer and wave their flags - but other than that we have to make sure I have lollypops or something in my bag for them.

The best and worst game we took them to was that semi final last year v Storm. They got fully into it - watched pretty much the entire game - kept looking at the time remaining and the score....cheering and all... then didn't understand the confusion in the last minute and didn't even realise we lost (until they saw Mummy close to tears lol). I think that scarred them for life. worst.ending.ever.

Wouldn't mind doing this Redcliffe game though... mrslong and Coxy you can be MY bitches.

we can organise thru facebook aye...i'll create an event. perhaps make up a t-shirt saying bb-77's bi-atches 8-)

i take the nephew to the local games and he runs amok with the kids and comes home talking about how much he loves the footy, even though he didn't watch more than a minute of it. [icon_lol1.

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
mrslong said:
perhaps make up a t-shirt saying bb-77's bi-atches 8-)

What do you mean "Make up a T-shirt"??? Haven't you seen them around? They're what the kids wear these days.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Hmm, haven't been to Supre & Jay Jays for a while - i'll poke my head in next time i'm going past.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah Tee brought his girls to a game at Suncorp a couple of years ago (I think they were about 8 & 10, but could be wrong there) and they were pretty bored pretty quickly. I think they played their PSPs pretty much all game.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah. Honestly until my kids are starting to show a lot of interest in it, watching games on TV and following results etc, I don't see the point. I can understand it's different for families where both parents want to go to the footy. Easier to bring the kids than find a babysitter sometimes.

But in my case, with a better half who wouldn't know a knock on from a back rub...I'm happy to leave the kids home with her :P Hehe.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Oh yeah no point taking them if they're not interested but I think Tee's kids asked him if they could come to a game and then when they got there they realised it wasn't really that exciting for them or something.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Oh yeah, wasn't bagging Tee! I know his girls pestered him for months to take them! :P

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I was about 10 when my dad took me to my first game of cricket/footy. I was bored off my brain with the actual sport, but really loved hanging out with him, the adventure of public transport, getting meat pies and soft drink and a flag...that kind of stuff is what memories of being a kid are made of!!!!

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • easybreezy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.