Trials

M

mck62

BRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
From what I saw Sims did OK, he handle the capt role very well! I could he him yelling at the young ones from where I was. Taylor looks strong, he made a great break in the 2nd half that would have been a try, but the wind (ha ha) carried the ball forward. All in all, there were a lot of handling errors, but in saying that, it had been raining, and it was very slippery. icon_thumbs_u from me!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, handling errors etc can be excused for the first trial of the year. That's the point, run out the cobwebs.
I'm pleased to hear Sims took on an active leadership role. That's promising.
Sounds very positive really.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Sweeney's try looked impressive on the news...I loved watching tha bloke go round for the Jets last season.....how did he go the rest of the game?\

I just got my tickets for the game on Saturday and there's plenty left! We're gonna get there for the Q Cup game, but if our mates make a day of it we'll get there for the colts! Mmm 4 games of footy 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

A

Assassin

NYC Player
Nov 11, 2008
I have a good feeling about sweeney this year... he could be just what we need off the bench. Hard to see him making my top 17 normally but injure one first choice forward and I'd have him up there.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Absolutely Mick. And if we actually have Locky and Wallace playing together and fit for most of the season we're also well in front of last year.

Throw in a hopefully resurgent Justin Hodges, and the emergence of a Yow Yeh or McCullough, and the season looks quite promising.

But yet you think they can't finish top 5? [icon_shru

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Because I think we'll have more than a few games where our inexperience out wide will be found out, particularly by teams with experienced backlines like Manly etc. Plus I think our forwards will misfire occasionally, and it'll all take 6-8 weeks to really hit momentum.

I think we'll be playing catch up for most of the season, but should be hitting some momentum come finals time. Then it's a whole new ball game.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
BRONCOS: Karmichael Hunt, Antonio Winterstein, Gerard Beale, Israel Folau, Jharal Yow Yeh, Andrew McCullough, Peter Wallace, Nick Kenny, Aaron Gorrell, Sam Thaiday, Lagi Setu, Ben Teo, Corey Parker. Interchange: David Taylor, Joel Clinton, Alex Glenn, Guy Williams, Aaron Sweeney, Ashton Sims, Josh McGuire, Tom Hewitt.

Team for Saturday. Psyche!

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Awesome! I'm really looking forward to this.

Lockyer, Hodges and Marsh the only ones not there. Be interesting to see how the backline goes and there seems to be more competition in the forwards than I initially thought.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Steve Michaels is missing also. I can't wait til Saturday now!!!!

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Ah yeah of course.

Excited mainly because the off season has seemed ridiculously long (which doesn't really make sense considering we had the world cup..).

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Who is captain this week?

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
No De Vere either...our star recruit!

Young star recruit and you don't even let him gel with the side in the trials, ridiculous selection!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Raiders Squad:

Buttriss, Glen
Campese, Terry
Carney, Justin
Croker, Jarrod
Cross, Brad
Fensom, Shaun
Flanagan, Stuart
Graham, Phil
Harrison, Bronson
Herbert, Marc
Huihahau, Sam
Joyce, Daniel
Kelly, Brett
Logan, Scott
Mccrone, Josh
Miller, Josh
Milne, David
Monaghan, Joel
Picker, Joe
Plum, Nigel
Purtell, Adrian
Shillington, David
Thurling, Trevor
Tilse, Dane
Tongue, Alan
Turner, Glen
Vidot, Daniel

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
BRONCOS: Karmichael Hunt, Antonio Winterstein, Gerard Beale, Israel Folau, Jharal Yow Yeh, Andrew McCullough, Peter Wallace, Nick Kenny, Aaron Gorrell, Sam Thaiday, Lagi Setu, Ben Teo, Corey Parker. Interchange: David Taylor, Joel Clinton, Alex Glenn, Guy Williams, Aaron Sweeney, Ashton Sims, Josh McGuire, Tom Hewitt.

Team for Saturday. Psyche!

NICE!

I'm actually pretty excited to see that they've gone for putting McCullough in the halves. The Locky/Wallace combination will be at least separated, if not totally gone, during Origin time. Given PJ's consistent injury troubles, we're going to have to look for guys like McCullough and B.Hunt to step up into these roles.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agree Mick. And Hunt did well last week against the Titans apparently. I'd definitely like to see Henjak put a young bloke into the halves when Locky or Wallace are unavailable, rather than shifting a utility back rower there. Not that we have many now with Carroll and Stagg gone.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Agree Mick. And Hunt did well last week against the Titans apparently. I'd definitely like to see Henjak put a young bloke into the halves when Locky or Wallace are unavailable, rather than shifting a utility back rower there. Not that we have many now with Carroll and Stagg gone.

Carroll, Stagg and Eastwood!

Absolutely - guys like Ben Hunt and Andrew McCullough are undoubtedly the future of the club and IMO it's a great sign that Henjak is not only playing them in the trials, but in the case of McCullough actually giving them a run outside their preferred position.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • mrslong
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • marw
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BroncosAlways
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • Howie
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • Manofoneway
  • Galah
  • Spooky1013
  • Volvo Driver
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.