Trials

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
mck62 said:
Had agreat nite, shame I didnt know any of the young ones. I think the babies played better than the older ones, Hodgo looks good & I think Corey has drop a shit load of weight (Kels he's looking very nice) Must get some 'gripo' for Joel, still got the dropsy. But its only a trial match, hes got a few weeks to get over it. Next week should be better.

Corey Parker needs to gain weight. He'll end up on the sting the way he keeps getting thinner. Fair play being lean and stuff, but you've still got to be big enough to create some damage.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Jebadude said:
How did Ashton Sims play?

I think it should be just "Did Ashton Sims play?". He didn't for about 20 weeks of last season.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I realise that mate. Just saying, I'm not getting my expectations high. I'm hoping there'll be a big chunk of salary cap freed up by A. Sims next year.

G

guppy

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I'd rather keep Sims on board than Joel Clinton.

Sims has the potential to be a massive impact player and can pump up the team. Joel...well I'm just relieved when he gets through a 10 minute period without a knock-on.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agreed guppy. Whichever of them performs better can stay next year. Whoever plays shit can go home.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
guppy said:
I'd rather keep Sims on board than Joel Clinton.

Sims has the potential to be a massive impact player and can pump up the team. Joel...well I'm just relieved when he gets through a 10 minute period without a knock-on.

I reckon Sims would be better starting the game and not having the impact player role. Someone like Parker could have more "impact" than Sims coming off the bench.

If both are in form, Clinton and Sims could be very good assets to the side.

G

guppy

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Jebadude said:
Someone like Parker could have more "impact" than Sims coming off the bench.

I can just imagine the high fives and back slaps after a massive flop from Parker. Way to pump up the team Corey!

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
good to hear about winterstein, could he be the leon bott/karmichael hunt of 2009?

F

fenomeno

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Jebadude said:
fenomeno said:
Parker? Impact? HAHAHAHA

Going on last year's form that is fair enough, but he was superb at that role in 2006.

But even in 2006, he wasn't providing "impact", he was playing well, better then last year, yes, but he didn't come on the park and provide spark, just did his job well, which he clearly hasn't done for the last 2 years.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Last year I would agree with, 2007 he was outstanding in the latter half of the year.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
On the whole, though, we had a number of forwards play nowhere near their potential last year. Parker, Sims, Clinton, Taylor.

And considering we still got within a whisker of week three of the finals, my expectations will be high if even two of those guys start playing some decent footy.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Absolutely Mick. And if we actually have Locky and Wallace playing together and fit for most of the season we're also well in front of last year.

Throw in a hopefully resurgent Justin Hodges, and the emergence of a Yow Yeh or McCullough, and the season looks quite promising.

M

MIKEY

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2009
Go dave taylor ...how good was he ?????
watch out this is his year !!! icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• broncs30
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • thenry
  • OzeMike
  • Maroon4life
  • Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Scdeac
  • Stix
  • Accept
  • porouian
  • Behold
  • Bucking Beads
  • ell.d33
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.