Wake up and smell what's cooking: Controlled demolition

Ok I'm not a big fan of playing conspiracy theories, but if you do want to talk conspiracy can we talk the Melbourne Storm? Just hear me out...

How is it possible that literally everyone who comes into their 17, and i mean absolutely everyone no exceptions who plays for Melbourne on game day are better then their opposition. It doesnt matter if they are decimated by injury and have players on rep duty, they pull a player into the squad and they are better then their oposing player.

They could be a 30 year old on debut, a 19 year old on debut or a journeyman whos played for 4 clubs and never scored a try but they play one game for Melbourne and absolutely kill it.

Now i undertand all the talk that "Melbourne have this great system" "Melbourne have Bellamy" "its just what players do when they get to Melbourne" and i dont doubt any of that is false.

But come you cant tell me they have a system so flawless and a coach so good that EVERY player who has played in there top 17 for the last 5 to 10 years has just been so good and a large chunk of them put in perfomances that were 3 times better then there next best performance.

To me, the whole melbourne thing is a bit to sus, the way players suddenly go to another level with them in my eyes if i was a conspiracist just rings alarm bells. And to add another element to this, generally speaking, the second they leave the Melbourne system suddenly are no where near as good. And im not talking because of the people around them but as an indivdual they suddenly lose speed, strength and skill?

Seriously if the skarks did what the storm do people would be screaming peptides. If Brisbane do it people say the ref won us the game. The roosters do it and they have a salary sombrero. The storm field a team of no names and journeymen with a handfull of serviceable players and its "wow this storm system and coaching staff are second to none".

Again im not into conspiracy theories but if I was, that's the tree I'd be barking up. Ask yourself when did someone in a Melbourne 17 man NRL squad not look up to standard?

I responded seriously to Midean because I'm at least sure he's being sincere.

You're just as likely to be a troll having a bit of fun with a fan base that's frazzled from experiencing their worst season ever as you are to be a genuine loon.
Still not one intelligent point.

Are you under 18?

All you have to do with any organisation or conspiracy theory is follow the money.

I think there are a few factors in play: a.) Morris and News Ltd eating its own young to create news revenue b.) corrupt player managers and recruitment officers stacking teams and driving up prices for their own gains c.) hubris and pride of management after years of success wanting to be the face of a successful club but getting in their own way d.) other teams realising the potential of SEQld footballers and taking our players and lastly e.) the NRL board electing a narcissist as it's CEO

Add all of these events together and you get the clusterfuck that it the current Brisbane Broncos, the NRL can see that to make roses out of crap if they can strike now with a 2nd team they can drive up their media buy, so they don't need to help get the Broncos back on track.

Was this a planned destruction? No, of course not. Are they interested in fixing it? Also, no.
Vlady's has said that an extra Brisbane team is worth $20 million a year.

When COVD hit, and the NRL was heading for unchartered financial waters (no ticket sales, and reduced game-day sponsorship) the financial incentive became urgent.

Nothing can explain the litany of self-destructive decisions we have witnessed over the past two-three years.

I understand so many refuse to believe such a thing could happen - but history is filled with examples of leadership sabotaging companies and organizations for a larger, hidden agenda. And let's face it - the media are beyond telling anything truthful.

I'm 100% on this conspiracy, of course. The missing link @PineappleHead is missing is Morris, the News Corp pawn who has conducted this mess internally, and no one within the Broncos has the power to remove him.

In any other arena, a chairman who has overseen such a quick and sudden demise would be sacked, or asked to stand down.

The fact that Morris is still there - surrounded by smoking ruins - without one voice in the press calling for his head - just one more piece of evidence that the ostriches (with their heads in the sand) refuse to see.

Ok I'm not a big fan of playing conspiracy theories, but if you do want to talk conspiracy can we talk the Melbourne Storm? Just hear me out...

How is it possible that literally everyone who comes into their 17, and i mean absolutely everyone no exceptions who plays for Melbourne on game day are better then their opposition. It doesnt matter if they are decimated by injury and have players on rep duty, they pull a player into the squad and they are better then their oposing player.

They could be a 30 year old on debut, a 19 year old on debut or a journeyman whos played for 4 clubs and never scored a try but they play one game for Melbourne and absolutely kill it.

Now i undertand all the talk that "Melbourne have this great system" "Melbourne have Bellamy" "its just what players do when they get to Melbourne" and i dont doubt any of that is false.

But come you cant tell me they have a system so flawless and a coach so good that EVERY player who has played in there top 17 for the last 5 to 10 years has just been so good and a large chunk of them put in perfomances that were 3 times better then there next best performance.

To me, the whole melbourne thing is a bit to sus, the way players suddenly go to another level with them in my eyes if i was a conspiracist just rings alarm bells. And to add another element to this, generally speaking, the second they leave the Melbourne system suddenly are no where near as good. And im not talking because of the people around them but as an indivdual they suddenly lose speed, strength and skill?

Seriously if the skarks did what the storm do people would be screaming peptides. If Brisbane do it people say the ref won us the game. The roosters do it and they have a salary sombrero. The storm field a team of no names and journeymen with a handfull of serviceable players and its "wow this storm system and coaching staff are second to none".

Again im not into conspiracy theories but if I was, that's the tree I'd be barking up. Ask yourself when did someone in a Melbourne 17 man NRL squad not look up to standard?

This guy...

Attachments

• D4370B00-65A0-490D-8D4F-00F3ABF4790D.jpeg
    D4370B00-65A0-490D-8D4F-00F3ABF4790D.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 83
You know how they want an extra game to make more money on the television deals? Why don't they start a proper reserve grade comp, restructure the grassroots so the competition can have talented players and get an extra 8 games televised every week. Instead of spreading the NRL thin they should do the exact opposite. I know it would be somewhat niche at the beginning, but if the competition is run well then it will grow the game massively.

You know how they want an extra game to make more money on the television deals? Why don't they start a proper reserve grade comp, restructure the grassroots so the competition can have talented players and get an extra 8 games televised every week. Instead of spreading the NRL thin they should do the exact opposite. I know it would be somewhat niche at the beginning, but if the competition is run well then it will grow the game massively.
That would be too expensive I imagine.

Also, is it going to matter if there is an extra game on tv if people aren't watching what is already available?

I still dont think its beyond the realm of possibility that Brisbane are well aware of the NRL's plans regarding the second Brisbane team.
Dave the Don would be in on it, well aware that Broncos short term losses will be made up for down the track once the second Brisbane team is established.

I still feel like a second Brisbane team needs the Broncos to be doing poorly, at least initially to lure casual fans to the new team.

The Broncos doing well means no one will switch to the new team, so while its not outright sabotage, there has been decisions made (such as signing a rookie/unproven coach to a record deal) (allowing big name upcoming talent to leave) (media smear campaign highlighting Broncos ineptitude) in order to ease the new team into the City and establish a fanbase of disenchanted casual Broncos supporters.

There is too much money to be made from a second successful Brisbane team to not allow it to work, at least at the start, and the NRL will ensure it works, as others have said, to increase revenue on the back of the money vacuum the game found itself in during covid.

That being said, i think this plan was in place before covid, just covid hastened things along because of the financial mess that was exposed under the reign of Todd Greenberg.

Expansion was always on the cards because the alternative is the game stagnating and losing money.
The NRL played with the idea of a Perth/Adelaide/Darwin team, as well as a second NZ team, but because we all know the Broncos have by far the largest fanbase and Brisbane is regarded as one of the homes of NRL, they would survive the second team coming in, whereas a second team is not viable in any of the other one team towns like Canberra/Melbourne/Newcastle.

Remember, $$$ makes the NRL work, thats the priority, and a second Brisbane team, with a local Bronco rivalry would = a lot of cheddar, but only if it gets off the ground successfully at the start.

Still not one intelligent point.

Are you under 18?
I don't know what part of 'I think you're a troll or a lunatic' makes you think I'm going to spend any effort meaningfully dissecting your nonsense.

I don't know what part of 'I think you're a troll or a lunatic' makes you think I'm going to spend any effort meaningfully dissecting your nonsense.

Because its beyond you. Still not one wit of intellect shown on your part. Are you under 18?

We can add the treatment of Staggs to the list. Funny how the NRL move the very week he's due to start playing again, despite the incident happening back in April. Just a coincidence I guess. Like the 30 others I've listed.

Because its beyond you. Still not one wit of intellect shown on your part. Are you under 18?
It's a little beyond my patience at this point, but I've gotta say this line of questioning is starting to seem a bit sinister.

You're better at connecting the dots than me, so what do you think it looks like when a guy trolls the internet looking for kids to chat with?

Melbourne get a lot of leeway Because the NRL needs to have success in AFL heartland. Simple as that. Melbourne is the Sport capital of Australia and success Is profitable.

Victory also breeds success through confidence. So, when you have an okay player join a confident team, unafraid to try things you get Melbourne.

You can take Penrith as the opposite side of the Brisbane coin in 2020. Early in 2020 season Penrith won some pretty Iffy calls and their young lads gained confidence each week and were able to develop trust in each other. Imagine if our young team had the confidence of Penrith.

It's a little beyond my patience at this point, but I've gotta say this line of questioning is starting to seem a bit sinister.

You're better at connecting the dots than me, so what do you think it looks like when a guy trolls the internet looking for kids to chat with?
How about we just stop this ... and in 10 years' time you come back and read your posts and try and figure out how you weren't able to make one intelligent statement.

How about we just stop this ... and in 10 years' time you come back and read your posts and try and figure out how you weren't able to make one intelligent statement.
Sounds good mate. Hopefully by then I haven't had my insides fried by 5G towers or my DNA altered in horrible ways by a Covid vaccine.

You just try and stay away from the kids until then.

We can add the treatment of Staggs to the list. Funny how the NRL move the very week he's due to start playing again, despite the incident happening back in April. Just a coincidence I guess. Like the 30 others I've listed.
Stagg just signed a contract which requires the NRL to rubber stamp it. Why would the NRL approve his contract but step in to postpone his return? I guess in the world of nutters everything is a riddle and its best to just overcomplicate basic things like 'not rushing his return after a major knee injury when the teams already out of the race for a finals spot'.

That would be the most simple explanation wouldn't it, the most logical. The coach tapping him on shoulder and saying 'when you're ready mate'.

I know its fun to run wild with your imagination and concoct all sorts of fantasies to explain how events occur, but we aren't children anymore. Inserting imagined stories to explain known events is not critical thinking at all.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.