NEWS Walters: Milford can win it for Brisbane

Huge is just doing a nod to Cult. Noticed it a few days ago.

If you want to make a video Huge, make one showing how many times Milford makes the last ditch fullback effort to stop a try while Boyd watches from beyond (usually with arms out flapping).
What, 2 hours of a blank screen? Boyd's got more commitment in his little finger than Milford has in his whole body.

What, 2 hours of a blank screen? Boyd's got more commitment in his little finger than Milford has in his whole body.

lol now we know you are taking the piss. Seriously, go do your research and see how many times Milford tries to save a try while Boyd watches.

Milford is 15th on the list of most missed tackles....there are 10 other halves in the NRL above(worse) than him.

Ben Hunt being one of them.

Milford isn't even in the top 30 of missed tackles leading to tries. Boyd is sitting on no.2.

Again, the call for him to be dropped because of a couple missed tackles is completely ridiculous.
The problem is he's letting in more than he's setting up. The rest of those halves have an upside. Not everything has to be a comparison with Boyd by the way. I think everyone has admitted that he's below par. It's about time the same is done with Milford. @holdzy89 if you're going to bait me at least tag me

Is Milford the only 5/8th in the comp who has to try to catch passes above his head or below his knees 90% of the time the dummy half throws him the ball?

Last edited:
The problem is he's letting in more than he's setting up. The rest of those halves have an upside. Not everything has to be a comparison with Boyd by the way. I think everyone has admitted that he's below par. It's about time the same is done with Milford. @holdzy89 if you're going to bait me at least tag me

He’s had a number of try assists bombed.

Milf was our best player last year, his form was excellent for the back half of the season. His defence and kicking games came on in leaps and bounds in 18’ but it’s definitely gone backwards so far this season.

He’s had a number of try assists bombed.

Milf was our best player last year, his form was excellent for the back half of the season. His defence and kicking games came on in leaps and bounds in 18’ but it’s definitely gone backwards so far this season.

Probably can't be good for Milford's confidence when Bird drops the ball cold twice and Glenn can't run a good line to save his life anymore.

Milf deserves plenty of blame, but the people around him certainly aren't making his job any easier in attack or defense.

Not baiting you, wasn't talking to you or at you. I was talking to Huge and referencing you. Just about everyone has admitted Milf is below his best, and he deserves criticism. But if someone is going to come out and say drop Milf for missing some tackles, I'm damn sure going to come out and say Boyd first.

Jeez, if only Milford defended as well as you blokes defend him. So many excuses

Probably can't be good for Milford's confidence when Bird drops the ball cold twice and Glenn can't run a good line to save his life anymore.

Milf deserves plenty of blame, but the people around him certainly aren't making his job any easier in attack or defense.

Agree

Is Milford the only 5/8th in the comp who has to try to catch passes above his head or below his knees 90% of the time the dummy half throws him the ball?
Prove it. When I asked for proof the other day, this is entirely what I was talking about. If you can prove that stat to be anywhere near true I will never defend McCullough again

And his attack

Yep. And his leadership. Any thoughts on who could help him with any of that? Since he is obligated to save tries on his own now, anyone you can think of in the team that should be able to help with that?

Yep. And his leadership. Any thoughts on who could help him with any of that? Since he is obligated to save tries on his own now, anyone you can think of in the team that should be able to help with that?
Maybe the coach

Maybe the coach

But Milf's defence has been bad for years apparently. Maybe the former coach could have sorted it over four years?

The point is this. Milf's game (or the perception of it) will improve if players stop dropping balls and actually finish what Milf starts. And I'm sure that will give him confidence to shine individually. It's well known by now that he needs his team to perform to play confidently. The club has stuck by him with this understanding, he is not Locky, he won't drag the team along himself, he will bust open games on the back of a solid platform, not shaky dropping it cold over the try line shit. I personally don't care what he's being paid, people can go on about million dollar man all they want.

Not everything is a comparison to Boyd or Macca - but if one of them is going to be dropped for below par form, it's not Milford. He's done his job far better than Boyd has done his.

Last edited:
But Milf's defence has been bad for years apparently. Maybe the former coach could have sorted it over four years?

The point is this. Milf's game (or the perception of it) will improve if players stop dropping balls and actually finish what Milf starts. And I'm sure that will give him confidence to shine individually. It's well known by now that he needs his team to perform to play confidently. The club has stuck by him with this understanding, he is not Locky, he won't drag the team along himself, he will bust open games on the back of a solid platform, not shaky dropping it cold over the try line shit. I personally don't care what he's being paid, people can go on about million dollar man all they want.

Not everything is a comparison to Boyd or Macca - but if one of them is going to be dropped for below par form, it's not Milford. He's done his job far better than Boyd has done his.
People were praising Milford’s defence last year.

Boyd’s game looks better if the front line make their tackles too. That’s my point. The team is playing terribly as a whole. I disagree that Milford has done his job, at all. Neither of them have

Last edited:
People were praising Milford’s defence last year.

Boyd’s game looks better if the front line make their tackles too. That’s my point. The team is playing terribly as a whole. I disagree that Milford has done his job, at all. Neither of them have

People were praising Milf's defence, yes, said it improved, and it did. Apparently Milf's been a bad defender for years, haven't you read the whole thread?

You disagree that Milf has done his job better than Boyd has done his?

Boyd's job is to be the last line of the defence. Why is he out of position so often?

People were praising Milf's defence, yes, said it improved, and it did. Apparently Milf's been a bad defender for years, haven't you read the whole thread?

You disagree that Milf has done his job better than Boyd has done his?

Boyd's job is to be the last line of the defence. Why is he out of position so often?
Howsabout you argue what I say instead hey?

That’s not Boyd’s only job. Just like making sure we get in position for a field goal isn’t Milford’s only job

Unread

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.