MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Old Clint Eastwood showing Rusty what he is capable of.. its all part of his souffs deal.
Wayne won't be at Redfern in 2019, he's heading straight to Hollywood.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Yep, Rusty is going to direct and produce in the epic blockbuster, Gran Tornado, loosely based on a combination of Gran Torino and Twister.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Attention ex-players: Myself and most fans outside of the mouth-breathers at [HASHTAG]#bronxnation[/HASHTAG] could not give less of a **** about who your preferred coaching candidate was or anything that you think really. You were great players and the fans will always be thankful for what you did for us on the football field, now for everything else - **** off!

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Bennett1

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I thought it was pretty obvious why Bennett would get a pay out and Seibold does not.

WB has a contract for 2019, he does NOT want to leave early, the board (may) want him to. So if they want to end the agreement legally, they must pay Bennett the entire amount owed.

Seibold has a contract for 2019, however he will have a bigger contract at the Broncos, as anyone with a brain would, he would have no problem leaving a year earlier since he will get a huge payrise (400k -> 900 reported). So if Souths say you should go, he will happily sign on the dotted line and move on to his higher paying job.

Now of course, Seibold could play hard ball and say nah I'm not leaving and force Souths to pay him the 400k too, but that would make no sense, and Souths could call his bluff and say okay, you're staying the year and he loses out on 500k for 2019.

Last edited:
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I thought it was pretty obvious why Bennett would get a pay out and Seibold does not.

WB has a contract for 2019, he does NOT want to leave early, the board (may) want him to. So if they want to end the agreement legally, they must pay Bennett the entire amount owed.

Seibold has a contract for 2019, however he will have a bigger contract at the Broncos, as anyone with a brain would, he would have no problem leaving a year earlier since he will get a huge payrise (400k -> 900 reported). So if Souths say you should go, he will happily sign on the dotted line and move on to his higher paying job.

Now of course, Seibold could play hard ball and say nah I'm not leaving and force Souths to pay him the 400k too, but that would make no sense, and Souths could call his bluff and say okay, you're staying the year and he loses out on 500k for 2019.

So we are paying a rookie coach 900k ????

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Or Broncos could just call Souths bluff and say we’re happy to have Bennett here for 2019. If you want to convince us to swap early, show us the money and come to the party. My suspicions have been all along that the Broncos head office have ballsed this whole affair up.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Or Broncos could just call Souths bluff and say we’re happy to have Bennett here for 2019. If you want to convince us to swap early, show us the money and come to the party. My suspicions have been all along that the Broncos head office have ballsed this whole affair up.

It isn’t them that keep speculating that the swap will occur. They have said consistently all along Bennett will be here next year. They have ‘balls’ed it up’ because the media say they have?

They told Bennett he would not be extended, went after Seibold and signed him.

Whether you agree with that or not is a different matter. That has been their plan once it became obvious they couldn’t get Bellamy. So given this, how exactly have they balls’ed it up?

Last edited:
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
So given this, how exactly have they balls’ed it up?
My answer to that is simple. Look where we are as of today. If it was handled like a professional outfit who knew what they were doing, would we be in this mess?

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
My answer to that is simple. Look where we are as of today. If it was handled like a professional outfit who knew what they were doing, would we be in this mess?

What mess? The media produced one we are seeing being played out now? With their speculated figures, speculative reasoning and their absolute refusal to accept what they’ve been told on record, repeatedly?

Look at the facts. Wayne is signed for next year. Seibold for the year after. Both showed up to their respective current workplaces when they were supposed to.

Now their ‘current workplaces’ may change, if all parties agree on it. I accept that. But all available evidence shows that hasn’t happened yet, despite huge amounts of media speculation to the contrary.

The only thing I am disappointed in at the moment, is Wayne playing games with the media as he apparently did yesterday, rather than acting like a professional, getting on with his job and holding his chin high until and if circumstances change.

To be honest, as disappointed as I am in McCullough with his playing, he was extremely impressive in his dealing with media yesterday I thought and acted far more professionally (and dare I say it, maturely) than Wayne is doing at present.

Last edited:
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
What mess? We're into pre-season training and no-one knows with certainty who our coach will be next year. Please.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
You're saying that you're certain Wayne will be coach next year?

Unless something changes that is both his and the club’s official stance AND Seibold’s as well for that matter, so why would you think otherwise. Because a media desperate for drama says so?

As for being a mess, how many clubs have changed coaches halfway through the season? Us potentially changing before the season even starts doesn’t even come close to that level of drama.

Yet we are a ‘mess’...

Last edited:
Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
You're saying that you're certain Wayne will be coach next year?
Johns has changed his tune from (we need to keep Wayne) to (we need to pay Wayne everything we owe him). Not saying his opinion is worth anything only that he has changed it.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Yes we do. It’s Wayne. That may change. But Wayne is our coach unless something changes. How is that a ‘mess’?
“We shouldnt give in to the media-driven agenda to sack bennett, but our management should get sacked for this (media created) mess they we are in”

What is the role of our ceo and management? We are in our best position with members, financially, development, assets and facilities ever in our history DESPITE the lack of results on the field even though any coach or player would give up their first born to have the set up we have available for a coach. They have done EVERYTHING a ceo/footy club management should and could do.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
“We shouldnt give in to the media-driven agenda to sack bennett, but our management should get sacked for this (media created) mess they we are in”

What is the role of our ceo and management? We are in our best position with members, financially, development, assets and facilities ever in our history DESPITE the lack of results on the field even though any coach or player would give up their first born to have the set up we have available for a coach. They have done EVERYTHING a ceo/footy club management should and could do.
Except set up a smooth succession plan ....

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Unless something changes that is both his and the club’s official stance AND Seibold’s as well for that mayptter, so why would you think otherwise. Because a media desperate for drama says so?

As for being a mess, how many clubs have changed coaches halfway through the season? Us potentially changing before the season even starts doesn’t even come close to that level of drama.

Yet we are a ‘mess’...
It makes me so much more confident knowing we’re better run than someone like Manly or Parramatta.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Ejbroncos
  • Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • Stix
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.