What are your cooked NRL ideas?

Doesnt have to be. We have 3 men in the tackle now and you still get games where its like touch footy. You dont need 3 blokes to bring another down. 2 men in a tackle doesnt have to mean no tacking of physicality.

Like @BroncsFan just mentioned, blokes like Gilly didnt have issues and i reckon it would get rid of the wrestle. Probably make the game less defensive, but i dont think thats a bad thing.
Its a try every single time a team plays a set 5 meters out from the goal line.
Every. Single. Time.

Its a try every single time a team plays a set 5 meters out from the goal line.
Every. Single. Time.
It's something I'd like to see trialled in the lower grades end of season with teams out of contention.

Can you imagine the number of penalties blown for a 3rd man touching a player in tackles?

Good. We want more tries
Not predictable, 100% certain tries.
Get your biggest guy to run at their smallest guy on the line everytime, and that would be about it.
Boring as **** if you ask me.

It's something I'd like to see trialled in the lower grades end of season with teams out of contention.

I've seen it used a few times in some training sessions and its not as bad as you think. It would take some getting used to but like everything in the game teams would find a way to make it work.

My personal opinion is the games got too must wrestle in it. Not sure 2 men in the tackle is the answer to get it out of the game but it would defineatly speed the game up and make it more open.

Doesnt have to be. We have 3 men in the tackle now and you still get games where its like touch footy. You dont need 3 blokes to bring another down. 2 men in a tackle doesnt have to mean no tacking of physicality.

Like @BroncsFan just mentioned, blokes like Gilly didnt have issues and i reckon it would get rid of the wrestle. Probably make the game less defensive, but i dont think thats a bad thing.

Reward the legs tackle with a slower play the ball to allow markers and line to set

I've seen it used a few times in some training sessions and its not as bad as you think. It would take some getting used to but like everything in the game teams would find a way to make it work.

My personal opinion is the games got too must wrestle in it. Not sure 2 men in the tackle is the answer to get it out of the game but it would defineatly speed the game up and make it more open.
While the wrestle sucks, i don't think its bad enough to change the entire structure of the game.

There are so many things that would go wrong with a restricted 2 man tackle limit.
The 6 agains would go through the roof for accidental 3rd man touches.

Every big man would run at the little guys to force them into being one of the two involved in the tackle.

It wouldn't open the game up, teams would exploit it (see above) and it would effectively slow the game to a crawl, as the smaller men would just be fatigued from the big men running at them all night.

I actually cannot see a single upside to this change.
Literally not one.

Its a case of if its not broken dont fix it.

Not predictable, 100% certain tries.
Get your biggest guy to run at their smallest guy on the line everytime, and that would be about it.
Boring as **** if you ask me.

I doubt it. You are presuming the biggest player will always be there to run at the smallest player and thats not going to be the case. You just arent going to be able to set that up every play near the try line. Go and watch some of these blokes tackle in training, they could easily handle it.

While the wrestle sucks, i don't think its bad enough to change the entire structure of the game.

There are so many things that would go wrong with a restricted 2 man tackle limit.
The 6 agains would go through the roof for accidental 3rd man touches.

Every big man would run at the little guys to force them into being one of the two involved in the tackle.

It wouldn't open the game up, teams would exploit it (see above) and it would effectively slow the game to a crawl, as the smaller men would just be fatigued from the big men running at them all night.

I actually cannot see a single upside to this change.
Literally not one.

Its a case of if its not broken dont fix it.

You simply dont have my vision 😆

Reward the legs tackle with a slower play the ball to allow markers and line to set
Haas running full tilt at the smallest guy on the field, wont result in legs tackles, just little men getting trampled.
You would literally be forcing your small guys and playmakers to do most of the tackling in a game.

Haas running full tilt at the smallest guy on the field, wont result in legs tackles, just little men getting trampled.
You would literally be forcing your small guys and playmakers to do most of the tackling in a game.

Dont you think that happens now?

I doubt it. You are presuming the biggest player will always be there to run at the smallest player and thats not going to be the case. You just arent going to be able to set that up every play near the try line. Go and watch some of these blokes tackle in training, they could easily handle it.
Sure you can, as you said, teams would adjust and they would build their entire gameplan around getting near the tryline and crashing their big men over running at the smallest guys.

Haas scores every single time if he runs at blokes like Sam Walker on the line, as Sam is now 100% committed to being one of the guys in the tackle, and i dont care how good he is at legs tackles, Haas is going right over the top of him.

Dont you think that happens now?
Nope, because there can be more than 2 in the tackle, so even if he runs at the small guy, he generally has 2 - 3 big guys there as well to stop him.

I also dont see how it gets rid of the wrestle.
It just means you have two guys wrestling the attacker now instead of potentially three.
Two guys lying all over a dude is just as effective as three.

Nope, because there can be more than 2 in the tackle, so even if he runs at the small guy, he generally has 2 - 3 big guys there as well to stop him.
Big men have always ran at little men. Blokes used to run at Locky all the time, we only needed Tunza generally to help him out.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.