What can we say at the moment?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I personally can't believe people are calling Wallace another Shane Perry. He is inconsistent but still leaps and bounds ahead of Perry.

That said, I would love it if we got a player like Cronk.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Nashy said:
Hence why it only works with a team full of decent players.

2010 model Broncos either let them make an easy 10-15 metres on every hit up, or give away a penalty for being offside/not square/holding down. And the defence is almost completely incapable of holding out more than 1 set on the line.

Then when the Broncos do get to attack they are so poor at getting repeat sets. Locky seems to rarely get a grubber in goal. Hunt hasn't done it yet to my knowledge. Wallace is the best in the club at it but I don't think even he managed it too often prior to getting injured. And McCullough isn't a good kicker just yet.

Plan B, the cross field bomb to Folau, isn't being used much and when it is, the kicks aren't on target, either too deep allowing the defence to defuse it easily, or too short, allowing the defence to wait for someone to catch it then pummel them.
[icon_drun [eusa_clap.gi
100% Agreed.

Our online defense is nothing short of disgraceful - the only team as bad as us or have this sort of standard is the SHARKS. Repeat sets on the broncs ATM is a guaranteed try. Seriously on the 2nd or 3rd set all you have to do is take 2/3 tackles wide then go short ball on the inside and I guarantee you there is a yawning gap back towards the posts... It's SHOCKING.

I have no idea what has happened to Locky's grubbers... does he even attempt them? I don't understand why it has been completely eliminated from his game... it just doesn't make sense... he doesn't attempt them IMO - and when he does he always kicks at the oppositions feet.

Last but not least - I'm not an advocate of "bomb to Folau x 10000" but er... can we at least do it on some level? We attempt this like once every 3 games... it is BAFFLING. Furthermore as Coxy said... when we do go for it, it's not even set up properly and the kicks are totally off target... I HATE to say this but Bellyache wouldn't stand for something like that... I think Melbourne are over-drilled but I think the Broncs need to add SOME form of blue print to their game and I'm SICK of IH just saying all he can do is "keep working hard"...

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, "keep working hard" is the most ridiculous plan I've ever seen. And lets say that is his only game plan, he's certainly sucking at even that. He needs to stop being nice and friendly to the players and give them a wake up call. I would be drilling them until their legs can no longer hold up their bodies. They are clearly unfit as well.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
he needs to do whatever he did at the end of our losing streak last year again. that started with dropping michaels.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Anonymous person said:
he needs to do whatever he did at the end of our losing streak last year again. that started with dropping michaels.

You know you're not a good player when even Andrew Voss is bagging you out in commentary...

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Anonymous person said:

Yup... there are two particular games that show our best abilities...

Both are the dragons games from last year...

Now the only problemos is that Hunt, Taylor and Hodges are a massive factor in attack .... so we need to replace that with Hoffman and Folau?? eusa_think eusa_think eusa_think

The bottom line is we have to come up with something - but ATM I guess IH is just wanting us to complete sets and what not which is fair enough.

PERSONALLY - I would work on D first man... our D is seriously disgusting... I'd get that sorted out first... We can work for 14-8 sort of victories easily with a a couple of barge over Folau tries... we have to get our online defense sorted out...

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yep. If we're not conceding 24+ points a game then we don't have to be so concerned about SCORING 24+ a game.

If we can get the defence under control, then ball control and maintaining field position should be enough to get us over the line.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
well michaels has been dropped, so its all systems go for our comeback.

lockyer, wallace and hunt really need to pick up their act with their kicking games too. very hard to win when youre kicking straight down the throat of the fullback/winger every set of six and giving up 20m of field position right off the bat. our kicking game has been disgraceful this year.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
They must not be putting in any training for their kicking game and letting it go to hell or something.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
tkday said:
They must not be putting in any training for their kicking game and letting it go to hell or something.

Our kicking game has been on a slow decline for a few seasons now IMO... well mainly Locky's I guess...

Wallace had an on and off year last year.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Ever since Ennis left our kicking game has been woeful. We need Macca to kick out of Dummy half more IMO. Wallace and Lockyer can both kick well it is just a shame they don't do it enough.

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008
It wouldn't matter who is halfback because our forwards run such poor lines that any half backwould look ordinary.
Like a broken record, we need to observe the Storm's forwards to see how they move defences around on seemingly innocuous plays.
We are terrible in that regard.
I can't believe that a club of the stature of the Broncos is sucjh a backwater in terms of being current.
For the record, the big marn Huge is spot on about Wallace.
The guy has a great football barain and he is being let down by braindead forwards.
His workrate in defence, brought about by his mopping up of ineffective work by the forwards saps him of a lot of his spark.
He is a far superior kicker than Lockyer.
I have gone on record many times in the past about Lockyer's kicking game; it is nothing special and never has been. He did have a LONG kicking game once, but his feel for the short game has always been inconsistent.
Fact.
Wallace is crucial to the short term future of the Broncos.
Anyone who says differently hasn't got a clue.

My concern is the number of players who want to leave the joint.
Something terrible is happening, regardless of results.

We need inspiration and intelligence in the club.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I like you, you've got Balls. I like Balls!

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Ever since Ennis left our kicking game has been woeful. We need Macca to kick out of Dummy half more IMO. Wallace and Lockyer can both kick well it is just a shame they don't do it enough.
I agree. McCullough has a decent kicking game, he just needs to work on it.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Are we forgetting that Ennis used to kick out on the full once or twice a game?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Meat77 said:

Yes, was just going to say, I never remembered Ennis's kicking game being too crash hot at all, while he was at the Broncos anyway. Especially his short kicking game which was, and still is, woeful IMO.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Meat77 said:

This is true but he did take alot of pressure off Lockyer and Wallace by kicking out of dummy half!!

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Jeba said:
Meat77 said:

Yes, was just going to say, I never remembered Ennis's kicking game being too crash hot at all, while he was at the Broncos anyway. Especially his short kicking game which was, and still is, woeful IMO.

Yep - he always had that "hero" kick for himself in him close to the line which came off about 1 time in every 25...

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Dee
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.