What is happening at the Broncos?

Ok, if you didnt have a " big problem " with it you wouldnt have bought it up really.

I honestly think you are either clueless about why Bennett does what he does, or you are just on the wind up.

The press have always been at us for one reason or another, but this season they have ramped it up big time to a level i've never seen before. Its been absolutely disgraceful at times. What reason does Wayne or anyone else associated with the Broncos have to give these blokes the time of day? Seriously, answer that. If i came around to your house every day and hurled unwarranted abuse and utter lies at you, i'm fairly confident i'd either get a smack in the mouth or i wouldn't get given the time of day. Bennett is too classy to smack somebody in the mouth, so he just interacts with the fools as little as possible.

Also, i'd like to see the NRL actually get away with not registering Lodge's contract. They can talk the talk, but if he decides to return serve with a bit of legal action of his own they dont stand a chance. They cant restrict him from playing over an issue they have admitted they have no control over.

Nothing wrong with Wally except his notorious cliches. I wouldn’t call myself a WB disciple at all. He has earned a level of respect though, unlike the constant agenda-fuelled bullshit that spews from Tallis’ pie-hole.

Ok. I kind of like him as a commentator/TV personality and he is a club great. I also think Tallis, Thaiday and others have "earned a level of respect" as much as Bennett. I don't have a problem with you (probably) slamming Sammy (I don't keep any kind of log or record in regard to who says what) or calling Tallis nasty things. My criticism of Bennett has been much more mild. Why do you have such a problem with it?

Ok, if you didnt have a " big problem " with it you wouldnt have bought it up really.

I honestly think you are either clueless about why Bennett does what he does, or you are just on the wind up.

Because I have a problem with it. Unless he has shared with you his intimate thoughts and you are sure he is telling the truth, you are just as clueless as I in regard to why he does what he does.

The press have always been at us for one reason or another, but this season they have ramped it up big time to a level i've never seen before. Its been absolutely disgraceful at times. What reason does Wayne or anyone else associated with the Broncos have to give these blokes the time of day? Seriously, answer that. If i came around to your house every day and hurled unwarranted abuse and utter lies at you, i'm fairly confident i'd either get a smack in the mouth or i wouldn't get given the time of day. Bennett is too classy to smack somebody in the mouth, so he just interacts with the fools as little as possible.

Ok. That's your opinion. I think the press has been too easy on some things but too hard on Lodge. All in all, I think it's been pretty even but slightly in favor of giving Bennett and the players too much slack. It's just my opinion.

Also, i'd like to see the NRL actually get away with not registering Lodge's contract. They can talk the talk, but if he decides to return serve with a bit of legal action of his own they dont stand a chance. They cant restrict him from playing over an issue they have admitted they have no control over.

Really? Well I have no legal training but I know the NRL was very adamant so we will see.

Ok. I kind of like him as a commentator/TV personality and he is a club great. I also think Tallis, Thaiday and others have "earned a level of respect" as much as Bennett. I don't have a problem with you (probably) slamming Sammy (I don't keep any kind of log or record in regard to who says what) or calling Tallis nasty things. My criticism of Bennett has been much more mild. Why do you have such a problem with it?

Because I have a problem with it. Unless he has shared with you his intimate thoughts and you are sure he is telling the truth, you are just as clueless as I in regard to why he does what he does.

Ok. That's your opinion. I think the press has been too easy on some things but too hard on Lodge. All in all, I think it's been pretty even but slightly in favor of giving Bennett and the players too much slack. It's just my opinion.

Really? Well I have no legal training but I know the NRL was very adamant so we will see.

First of all, lets address the Lodge issue. Direct quotes from this article from the NRL

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...ay-damages-to-us-victims-20180216-h0w7xr.html

"We only make decisions based on football and behavioural matters," a spokesman said. "We don't get involved in any civil matters. There is no requirement in there related to payment."

"He spent more than two years out of the game and during that period he hadn't had any issues," a spokesman said.
"Once [the integrity unit] are satisfied that they're fit and proper they will register them as long as they've spent adequate time out of the game and have a propensity to rehabilitate.
"It was a serious incident but he rehabilitated really well and he's ended up being a really reformed person in the game."

They have admitted, no matter what guff Greenberg has come out with later, they dont get involved. The have no right to, and they have no cause to. They cant move the goalposts.

As for Bennett, i cant say i know his intimate thoughts, but i dont need to at the same time. I know exactly what lead up to his last walk out for example and i know it from people who work with him on a daily basis. If you dont think it's all a premeditated plan you haven't been watching Bennett at work for decades. Media that are fair with him and respectful, he give's plenty of time and respect back to. Clowns like Badel and Kent get nothing because they deserve nothing. Its a two way street, and some elements of the media can dish it out but act outraged when somebody dares call them out on it.

First of all, lets address the Lodge issue. Direct quotes from this article from the NRL

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...ay-damages-to-us-victims-20180216-h0w7xr.html

As for Bennett, i cant say i know his intimate thoughts, but i dont need to at the same time. I know exactly what lead up to his last walk out for example and i know it from people who work with him on a daily basis. If you dont think it's all a premeditated plan you haven't been watching Bennett at work for decades. Media that are fair with him and respectful, he give's plenty of time and respect back to. Clowns like Badel and Kent get nothing because they deserve nothing. Its a two way street, and some elements of the media can dish it out but act outraged when somebody dares call them out on it.

+1 for this. A prime example of what Wolfie is talking about is that Bennett used to give a lot of time to the ABC radio team when Warren Ryan and David Morrow were on there.

I'm really starting to like you WB disciples. Anyone, even club greats who dare utter a word against Messiah Bennett is denounced. How about Wally Lewis? Is he also a ******** (fill in the blank with something bad)?

Just the people that spit out bullshit.

"We only make decisions based on football and behavioural matters," a spokesman said. "We don't get involved in any civil matters. There is no requirement in there related to payment."

"He spent more than two years out of the game and during that period he hadn't had any issues," a spokesman said.
"Once [the integrity unit] are satisfied that they're fit and proper they will register them as long as they've spent adequate time out of the game and have a propensity to rehabilitate.
"It was a serious incident but he rehabilitated really well and he's ended up being a really reformed person in the game."

They have admitted, no matter what guff Greenberg has come out with later, they dont get involved. The have no right to, and they have no cause to. They cant move the goalposts.

Ok. I have no idea where things stand legally. I hope you are right but I won't care if he is forced out. I think he is overrated.

As for WB, I'm tired of arguing about it so if it's ok with you, let's leave it at that.

+1 for this. A prime example of what Wolfie is talking about is that Bennett used to give a lot of time to the ABC radio team when Warren Ryan and David Morrow were on there.

Thanks for reminding me mate, I quite miss their calls.

Really concerned about this season and the next couple to be honest. If we don’t get a decent hakfback from left field we remain as pretenders scrapping out way past bad teams only to be beaten convincingly by the good teams. This bullshit of playing a centre or lock at 7 is really starting to hurt our attack.

Every single attacking play (which isn’t many anyway) is Milford out the back to Boyd. Every single bloody play. There isn’t a ounce of unpredictability in us.

We have the makings of a really good team! Great young forward pack. Good outside backs. Milford is a great 6 but he can’t do it all on his own. If we don’t go to the market at the end of the year then we probably might not as well turn up next year.

There just isn’t an ounce of structure in attack and nobody seems to know what’s going on next play. A halfback will go a long way to fixing that!

Really concerned about this season and the next couple to be honest. If we don’t get a decent hakfback from left field we remain as pretenders scrapping out way past bad teams only to be beaten convincingly by the good teams. This bullshit of playing a centre or lock at 7 is really starting to hurt our attack.

Every single attacking play (which isn’t many anyway) is Milford out the back to Boyd. Every single bloody play. There isn’t a ounce of unpredictability in us.

We have the makings of a really good team! Great young forward pack. Good outside backs. Milford is a great 6 but he can’t do it all on his own. If we don’t go to the market at the end of the year then we probably might not as well turn up next year.

There just isn’t an ounce of structure in attack and nobody seems to know what’s going on next play. A halfback will go a long way to fixing that!

If we retain the right players we'll have, by far, the best pack in the comp within two years. I think we're right up there now, let alone when blokes like Haas, Fifita, Su'a, Carrigan have NRL games under their belts, and TPJ improves (which he will).

We need a halfback, but it's not like Wayne is chucking a Hook here and actually believes that he has the right option at the moment: his hooking of Bird against the dogs and leaving Niko out a few games back is proof that he doesn't believe that they're the answer. Taylor basically lied to his face and the club Inglis style about coming here next season which rooted our plans, but he'll figure something out. I hope the answer is in house, like Paix or Dargan, but if they don't start looking ready for next season and Niko continues to stink it up, then we'll go to the market.

Can I just say I agree completely with almost everything you post. If we had a halfback I think Milford could be really good but as we don't, IMO he has been average at best. Last night Bird and Boyd made him look good but did he have any try or linebreak assists at all? How many has he had this season? But as someone pointed out, an argument could be made that it isn't his fault the club doesn't have a No.7 to help him a little with playmking and game management duties.

The whole thing last night reminded me of 2004 and 2005, where Lockyer was doing everything without real support. Milf was exactly the same, towards the end you could see how exhausted he was. He could barely run sometimes. I'm worried about him burning out towards the end of the season if something doesn't change.

Can I just say I agree completely with almost everything you post. If we had a halfback I think Milford could be really good but as we don't, IMO he has been average at best. Last night Bird and Boyd made him look good but did he have any try or linebreak assists at all? How many has he had this season? But as someone pointed out, an argument could be made that it isn't his fault the club doesn't have a No.7 to help him a little with playmking and game management duties.

Didn't Milford put Glenn over for a crucial try?

giphy.gif

Unread

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Lurker
  • mieko
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Tim K
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.