Where does Benji Marshall fit in?

Not upset about this signing at all, actually looking forward to seeing how we use him

I think it's a great signing and he will get a bench spot and will add spark to our team like Morgan for maroons and like Reynolds when he was bench for bulldogs

Have we officially signed Moga yet? Maybe we are signing Marshall instead of Moga now. It just seems like a little bit of overkill to have 11 backs with NRL experience competing for 7 positions.

Have we officially signed Moga yet? Maybe we are signing Marshall instead of Moga now. It just seems like a little bit of overkill to have 11 backs with NRL experience competing for 7 positions.

A lot of clubs have a similar squad in that sense - it's just how it is!

The definition of that is good quality depth, which is exactly what we need.

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining but I am trying to figure out who's in our top 25.

Assuming M Pangai and Seve are 2nd tier then we have 11 backs plus Kodi, Moose, Macca, Thaiday, Gillette, Glenn, Blair, Dodds, Joe, Ese'ese, Arrow, Sua and TPJ. That's 24 so far.

When we signed Funakis it was reported that he was on a top tier contract. I'm not sure if he still is but we also haven't signed Waddell for next year yet so Kodi is our only backup hooker.

I guess I'm just worried that if Macca gets injured we will be in real trouble so thought maybe 10 backs would be enough (with Pangai and Seve as rookie emergencies).

This all assumes we have actually signed Moga.

Last edited:
Still haven't seen or heard anything from the media or club confirming the Moga signing. Unless it's only 2nd tier for Moga

It is on Zero tackle and Wikipedia when you search his name but I agree it has been kept quite but that must be because he hasn't played many games as late due to injuries. Though he was in the media for the egg throwing incident.

I wonder if they are waiting to announce Marshall, Moga and Dodds together officially?

I mean.. technically it's not official until it's on the club website, there can always be issues with the NRL registering it, etc.

On that topic, I saw a quote from Benji's manager last night saying something along the lines of "Benji has been told that if he trains hard and performs, he will be selected". So if that's accurate, Wayne doesn't seem him as a depth player, but somewhere in our 17.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.