Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021...er...2025

Holbrook given a chance
What The Fuck Wtf GIF

Letting go - Riki (sure he is often first one down on kick chase...occasionally he even makes the tackle, his general play is shit), Paix, Baker, Cobbo, Hetherington, Hunt, Gosiewski. If suitable/improved replacements can be found i would also be open to Arthars, Mariner, Piakura.
I didnt see much from Madden to suggest he is Reynolds successor so would also let him go.

So the answer to our backrow quality/depth problem is to sack our starting backrow and all of our depth? Cool. Backrow should be much improved next year with the four to five new players that we can get on short notice.

Ok just for fun and taking cap into consideration
Walsh marquee player
Arthars Keep
Mariner not fussed
Staggs keep but don't break bank
Oates one more year if he can stay fit.
Cobbo get rid
Reynolds replace with Walker at end of his contract.
Mam let him look elsewhere
Billy to 6
Mozer to 9
Riki and Peeks can look elsewhere
Haas/Patty keep(no brainer)
Willison and Te Kura keep
Marty don't renew
Hetherington look elsewhere
Baker Hunt and Jetski fire into the sun
Incoming Horsborough Haas mk 2, Skelton plus ???
Squad more balanced.
Reason for Billy at 6 is we know full well Kevvie will have him in the team and at least we can accommodate Mozer.

So the answer to our backrow quality/depth problem is to sack our starting backrow and all of our depth? Cool. Backrow should be much improved next year with the four to five new players that we can get on short notice.
Yeah, bit drastic but mainly Riki for a harder running attacking option. Assuming you know our starting backrow is Riki and Piakura i did say i would only let Piakura go if a better option came about so that deals with that.

Thought it was obvious that we would still need to replace squad members we got rid of as well...

I genuinely do wonder whether Kaas, Horse Butt and Skeleton might actually be enough. Of course no idea if we can / will get any of them.

I agree with @Santa that the nucleus of a side that can dominate is there already but this has been one of those years where everything that can go wrong has. Can Kevvie turn it around? I hope so and I think he will get the chance unless we have a Seibold style end to the season.

It is clear we weren't fit enough this year and there are no real systems in place, so off field these are the two biggest issues to address - fitness and basics. Whos is the current Panthers' fitness coach? Give them twice as much money as anyone else offers.

It is clear we weren't fit enough this year and there are no real systems in place, so off field this is the two biggest issues to address - fitness and basics. Whos is the current Panthers' fitness coach? Give them twice as much money as anyone else offers.
Is it Lee Hopkins? If so he is rusted on Panthers. My daughter is mates with his neice and from what I know they would take a mighty offer to leave the area.

Is it Lee Hopkins? If so he is rusted on Panthers. My daughter is mates with his neice and from what I know they would take a mighty offer to leave the area.

So make it mighty. If we don't, you know the Dogs will.

I'd rather replace the entire coaching regime and keep the same squad than suffer another year like this with Kevvie dithering about just getting a few things right.

I would happily flick everyone we imported this year, and replace them with some Kurt Capewell clones. I figure we need three, with one a very decent second rower. Piakura goes back to the bench.

I'm even happy to keep Billy on the books as long as whoever the new coach is treats him like every other player.

So make it mighty. If we don't, you know the Dogs will.
Sure, but going to Dogs means he doesn’t uproot his family.

I agree with your motive though…get aggressive in the market to get proven performers.

Not sure why everyone is so down on Mariner.
He's 21, in his first full year in the NRL, has scored 21 career tries in 23 games, stands 6 FT 1 and 89kgs.
He will naturally fill out and get bigger which combined with his speed and a more experience will make him a handful for any defense.
Also a kiwi so we won't lose him come SoO.
He is a must keep IMO.

Ok just for fun and taking cap into consideration
Walsh marquee player
Arthars Keep
Mariner not fussed
Staggs keep but don't break bank
Oates one more year if he can stay fit.
Cobbo get rid
Reynolds replace with Walker at end of his contract.
Mam let him look elsewhere
Billy to 6
Mozer to 9
Riki and Peeks can look elsewhere
Haas/Patty keep(no brainer)
Willison and Te Kura keep
Marty don't renew
Hetherington look elsewhere
Baker Hunt and Jetski fire into the sun
Incoming Horsborough Haas mk 2, Skelton plus ???
Squad more balanced.
Reason for Billy at 6 is we know full well Kevvie will have him in the team and at least we can accommodate Mozer.
We’ll probably have Billy at 7 when walker rejects us.

He's 21, in his first full year in the NRL, has scored 21 career tries in 23 games, stands 6 FT 1 and 89kgs.
He will naturally fill out and get bigger which combined with his speed and a more experience will make him a handful for any defense.
He is a must keep IMO.
I think he needs a break but we dont really have a decent backup for him.

He is a must keep IMO.
He can’t tackle and makes horrible errors.
I’m sure he has lots of room to improve but I wouldn’t be sad if we lost him.
With Walsh Maam Haas and Carrigan we just need consistency and stability around them.
We have way too many liabilities who cost us as many games as they win.

He can’t tackle and makes horrible errors.
I’m sure he has lots of room to improve but I wouldn’t be sad if we lost him.
With Walsh Maam Haas and Carrigan we just need consistency and stability around them.
We have way too many liabilities who cost us as many games as they win.
I'm old enough to remember the Broncos when they came into the comp in 88.
They signed a skinny kid to play centre. Had speed to burn but couldn't tackle to save himself.
He managed to turn that around and became a handy player.
Steve Renouf was his name.

I'm old enough to remember the Broncos when they came into the comp in 88.
They signed a skinny kid to play centre. Had speed to burn but couldn't tackle to save himself.
He managed to turn that around and became a handy player.
Steve Renouf was his name.
You are a little older than me so I didn’t get to see Renouf in his earlier career but I bet he didn’t top error counts and look like he had never seen a football before. Any player might be the next champion but you can’t just constantly take gambles, they need to be educated guesses.

I have been thinking this for a while but made no mention of it, but i "think" it may be true.

Piakura isnt NRL standard yet. His injury set him back more than we thought.

He is an absolute liability in defence, on the edge, where the best teams, hell - even the Dogs last week, take full advantage.

Now, i do believe the kids has a high ceiling, well worth the club investing the time and resources to fix his issues.

But for mine, identify and bring in a vet 2nd rower to play over him and give him space to round out the rough edges of his game NOT in NRL matches.

Active Now

• azza.79
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bb_gun
  • Turky Murky
  • Behold
  • davidp
  • broncos4life
  • johnny plath
  • Mr Fourex
  • mystico
  • Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.