Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021...er...2025

They don’t steal they find value and development that no one has seen. Hughes and Olam were floundering at ISC clubs.
Exactly. This is what the Broncos must become

Look, thats wasnt the intent of my post...simply telling it how i see it...

It was clear no-one else was stomping our door down to join....we gave them months before announcing our new coach so...

It always had to be Kev, but as i said.....has he been set up to fail..?

I really hope not....but such is my faith in the front office...
This is why we shouldn't be demanding success straight away. And we shouldn't be lynching coaches anytime soon again. Just hit and stick for a while

This is why we shouldn't be demanding success straight away. And we shouldn't be lynching coaches anytime soon again. Just hit and stick for a while
It sounds good in theory but what would have been the state of the club if we just stuck with Seibold? I actually think if he got fired 6 months earlier when it was already clear as day he was done, we wouldn’t be in half the mess we are in now in regards to the potential mass talent exodus.

Two things,

People forget a number of games last year we where well in the fight and sometimes ahead. We should have won more games, The issue is we cracked under pressure, lacked resilience or had injuries to important players. Broncos is such a big club with history, the best thing I think Kevvie brings is he seems to be similar to Bennett in the sense he really cares about the player, he has brought back some great old heads and leaders from years past. This is already a positive IMO.

2nd why are we not chasing Hynes? why go for Hughes when Hynes looks the goods?

Don't know where to post this, but here's going to have to do.

Welcome to our new QLD colony, Norfolk Island! Next stop, moving the border to Byron.

Screenshot 2021 01 28 Norfolk Islanders react to new life under Qld rule

Last edited:
Well let's do it all again...for 2025:

Who is coach?
Who are the assistants?
Who are you letting go?
Who are you bringing in?
Who are you re-signing?
What else is needed?

Strength and Conditioning needs to be reviewed at the very least.
Would be keen to get Ben Hornby up to Brisbane as an Assistant. He has done a good job with the Bunnies.
Brad Thorn would be a great hire if he is interested. We desperately need someone to build a big strong menacing forward pack with some Mongrel.

Strength and Conditioning needs to be reviewed at the very least.
Would be keen to get Ben Hornby up to Brisbane as an Assistant. He has done a good job with the Bunnies.
Brad Thorn would be a great hire if he is interested. We desperately need someone to build a big strong menacing forward pack with some Mongrel.

Hornby is a good shout, as you say, he's done a great job with that side.

Get in Horse and KHaas to bolster our fwds and a strong ball runner like Skelton (really hope this rumour is true after his performance against us) to round out the backs.

If the rumours in the other thread are true then the silver lining is that we will have money to make this happen.

EDIT: Kev won't be sacked realistically. Don't really have a problem with Barrett as an assistant, he's been good in the role at other clubs, but we need another experienced assistant to join him.

I say we threaten the players that every mistake in training will result in Barrett stripping down and performing pushups in his tighty whiteys.

100% completion rate all season.

Let's say hypothetically we can get KHaas, Horsebutt and Skeleton and lose the guy reportedly in trouble:

1. Wash
2. Skeleton
3. Stag Night
4. Aquaman
5. Camelot
6. Mother
7. Raincoat
8. Jetsons
9. Coach's Kid
10. Pass
11. Peek-a-boo
12. Contiki Tours
13. Carrytheteam

14. Mozey On
15. Xman
16. Big Ben/Horse Butt
17. Kass

18. Oatmilk

Surely this is a better balanced side and we get huge metres out of Skeleton which we desperately, desperately need

Let's say hypothetically we can get KHaas, Horsebutt and Skeleton and lose the guy reportedly in trouble:

1. Wash
2. Skeleton
3. Stag Night
4. Aquaman
5. Camelot
6. Mother
7. Raincoat
8. Jetsons
9. Coach's Kid
10. Pass
11. Peek-a-boo
12. Contiki Tours
13. Carrytheteam

14. Mozey On
15. Xman
16. Big Ben/Horse Butt
17. Kass

18. Oatmilk

Surely this is a better balanced side and we get huge metres out of Skeleton which we desperately, desperately need
You are having no luck getting Aquaman to stick...please don't push your new round of nicknames! :happy:

Roster changes at this point sort of just feel like moving around or buying some new deck chairs on the Titanic.

There seems to be a fundamental lacking throughout the club that means we are not finding the right players, optimising their fitness, developing basic skills, structures., tactics, motivation, accountability, cap management...........everything seems to be short of where its needs to be.

Really last year is seeming more and more to be just some anomaly which papered over the real issues within the club that are still yet to be resolved.

I'd love to see Kearney back ... although he is a failed head coach, so probably a shit assistant coach as well

Who is coach?
Who are the assistants?
Who are you letting go?
Who are you bringing in?
Who are you re-signing?
What else is needed?
I'm not sure if what our problem is can be fixed by new players. On paper we have an awesome team, they're all just playing crap/seem to have a crap attitude.

It's a team sport, and the good teams (Storm, Melbourne, and even Bulldogs now) don't rely on individuals as much as we seem to. It's like when everyone was bagging the Dolphins for not signing a $2m player, but they showed you can still be competitive with just a hard working team.

To answer your questions:

Who is coach? Kevvie has earned another crack next year. Hopefully the shortened pre-season, Vegas trip and injuries was the main reason behind our 2024 performance and he can turn it around. Bit if we're in the same position mid way through next year, than it's going to be tough for him to keep his job.

Who are the assistants? Doesn't really matter. There's not much accountability for them anyway, so it's whoever Kevvie thinks he needs.

Who are you letting go? Besides the obvious fringe players like Paix, Baker, etc. I think the top 17 has enough talent and is young enough to build something great. I would not be breaking our cap for anyone though. Players like Cobbo, Mam, Mariner, etc. are way overhyped.

Who are you bringing in? Fast, strong and aggressive backs/edge forwards. Don't care of they are big names or not, they just need to know how to run the ball hard...also a future Reynolds replacement.

Who are you re-signing? Do we have many players not signed for next year? Give Taupau another year.

What else is needed? Wayne Bennnet.

Who is coach?
Who are the assistants?
Who are you letting go?
Who are you bringing in?
Who are you re-signing?
What else is needed?
Coach - Walters - give him chance to learn from this season and drill a harder edge into the players but another failed season in 2025 should be his last. If he fails i would like to see Holbrook given a chance.

Assistants - IDK, would like to see better than Teo and Barrett (although his assistant coach stints seem ok) but i don't see Kevvie bringing anyone in who can quickly takeover from him due to self survival

Bringing in - willing to break a wall down backrower who can be effective in attack, lunatic fringe middle, winger who can make post contact meters, skilful utility back (Daine Laurie type) Halfback better than Madden

Letting go - Riki (sure he is often first one down on kick chase...occasionally he even makes the tackle, his general play is shit), Paix, Baker, Cobbo, Hetherington, Hunt, Gosiewski. If suitable/improved replacements can be found i would also be open to Arthars, Mariner, Piakura.
I didnt see much from Madden to suggest he is Reynolds successor so would also let him go.

Re-Signing - Anyone left from above who is pulling their weight and we are willing to walk away from if they start wanting a bidding war.

What else is needed - Harder edge for players which means bad cop Kev has to come out. Reactions to shit games, players being dropped, made an example of. Less passiveness from the club all round, have Kevvie blow up in a presser and pay the fine...why isn't DD roasting the **** out of the refs today after the Mam trip on the weekend. Our club is mostly hated anyway, may as well give good reason and no more mister nice guy bs.

Controversial one - i would let Lockyer go from any on field football decisions. I'm only guessing based on what i have seen but his involvement with the coaching circus with Bennett/Seibold and recruitment has been shit, time for a change.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • azza.79
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bb_gun
  • Turky Murky
  • Behold
  • davidp
  • broncos4life
  • johnny plath
  • Mr Fourex
  • mystico
  • Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.