Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021...er...2025

For Ben Ikin

This is the thing I don't understand, why are we messing around with rejects and mates of the coach instead of going after the best of the best?

Because the best of the best are too busy killing each other over positions at Melbourne, Sydney and Penrith.

Right this moment, it perhaps look like Kev may get next year to atone lot of things.

What IF DD starts to work in the background cleverly that includes enticing Walker brothers to take over reigns next year that also includes getting Sam from Rotters from 2026?

I honestly don’t reckon Rotters wouldn’t let go of Sam easily. He would be locked away before Nov.

Note: I have always thought Sam Walker is someone who will not fit at our club all along. But if he gets coached by his dad & uncle, who does some innovative yet crazy style of coaching that brings success, I’m all in for it.

Because the best of the best are too busy killing each other over positions at Melbourne, Sydney and Penrith.
Exactly. Average players are looking at Grant Anderson and Trent Loiero and thinking, **** me if he can make them look like world beaters, I want in!

I don't look at our squad and think it needs mass changes, I could easily see the exact same team with a good start to the year and better injury luck be top 4 or even Top 2 next year.

The reality is while this season has been a disaster there isn't much needed to do to have a completely different result.

Our pre season this year was filled with disruptions and alot of key rep players with late start to the pre season itself, combined with the disruption of Vegas and then tonnes of injuries which we got away with in 23, even still a squad of our quality would be expected to make the 8 regardless but I think prolonged period of no walsh or Reyno cost us the wins required to alteast get in the 8 this year.

I don't think we Lucked 23 outside of injuries though, our State of play and Penrith's as well that year was much higher than anyone this year, Storm more or less are at a same or similar level to 23 and are clear top.

We probably just need one more old head in the 17 that players will listen to that can settle them down and we would be set.

Let’s add to this in 2025.

Attachments

• IMG_3347.png
    IMG_3347.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 32

Looking through this list it's slim pickings for players on the market to fill holes in the roster.

Haven't followed Q cup much this year so not sure how development players are coming along either. Any wingers or props to get excited about?

Looking through this list it's slim pickings for players on the market to fill holes in the roster.

Haven't followed Q cup much this year so not sure how development players are coming along either. Any wingers or props to get excited about?

Contracts mean nothing, if we are patient, someone will pop up.

Who are out talent scouts? Can we steal some from better clubs?

It's a long shot but Peter Wallace, has been assistant at Panthers for the last two years. Coached NSW Cup and won a State Title and premiership.

Has history with Brisbane but obviously has a lot more with Penrith.

He's a really smart teaching coach. Be a good assistant at Brisbane.

How about the ones at Riff & Cap cheats? To make it even better, how about we entice those who can setup astute structures that simplifies every player roles? Perhaps our halfback once in Wallace now @Riff?

It's a long shot but Peter Wallace, has been assistant at Panthers for the last two years. Coached NSW Cup and won a State Title and premiership.

Has history with Brisbane but obviously has a lot more with Penrith.

He's a really smart teaching coach. Be a good assistant at Brisbane.
Mate, is Barrett locked in as one of our assistant for next year? I would totally love for Wallace to be our assistant.

Mate, is Barrett locked in as one of our assistant for next year? I would totally love for Wallace to be our assistant.

They need at least 2 .
Briers and Cartwright are leaving . Briers attack and Cartwright defence .

Quite an insightful article from Fatima Kdouh in the paper this morning. Some quotes from Pat Carrigan:

- insists Walters has what it takes to turn the club around next year.
- only 8 months ago in a grand final with Kev.
- bit ludicrous criticising him, he’s part of the reason I (Pat) committed to the club and wanted to be here.
- plays his best football under Kev.
- in a bit of a down patch at the moment but it’s not for lack of effort.
- just fundamental lapses in our game.
- has full belief in Kev and full belief in the club and it’s on the players to turn it around.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • Griffo
  • Dexter
  • Skyblues87
  • Mr Fourex
  • mitch222
  • davidp
  • Financeguy
  • leon.bott
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.