• Total voters
Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Anonymous person said:
ethos said:
lyn said:
For example don't pick Kemp to play Hunt's old role etc...

Bingo. Whoever we pick won't have Hunt's ball playing ability
i dont think we want whoever we pick to have the ball playing ability of a piece of wood [icon_wink

yet still im pretty sure that piece of wood setup more tries then Slater...

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
I'd be willing to bet we don't see Kemp in the number 1 come round 1. Don't know why everyone on here has such blind faith in him.

Hoffman and Beale to fight it out.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Blind Faith? His shown to us while in a Brisbane jumper he has the talent needed. Forget his 09 season he was out of place over there and if anything the fact he "failed" looks to of just given him the kick up the bum he needed to go to another level. Id be willing to bet that if Kemp doesnt start at 1 itll be because Lockyer is there.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
m1c said:
I'd be willing to bet we don't see Kemp in the number 1 come round 1. Don't know why everyone on here has such blind faith in him.

Hoffman and Beale to fight it out.

Lol, you've said this a few times now. Do you not rate him as a player?

With his pace and footwork, he has the ability to wreak havoc from the back.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
I rate him. He's a good finisher and I don't doubt that the Broncos will get great value out of what they are paying him. Might jag an origin game or two but I think that's about all that's within his grasp. I don't think you'll see him as our first choice fullback purely because he lacks the ball skills that are now almost a requirement.

Many think he is the messiah when in reality he is probably battling it out for a wing spot with Yow Yeh and Winterstein.

Who on Earth started all this Kemp nonsense anyway?

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
All a good fullback needs is pace and good reading of the game in attack, Kemp has both of those things. Outside of KHunt, Gidley, Bowen and Slater there are not many fullbacks around who consistently lay on tries and line breaks for there team mates. Stewart, Patten, Boyd, Merritt etc are great support players and damage teams by chiming into the line as an extra runner which is exactly what Kemp could do for us at fullback.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Well put it this way then.. I think Hoffman and Beale are both better players. I guess we shall see if Henjack shares my sentiments come round 1.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Gymp said:
All a good fullback needs is pace and good reading of the game in attack, Kemp has both of those things. Outside of KHunt, Gidley, Bowen and Slater there are not many fullbacks around who consistently lay on tries and line breaks for there team mates. Stewart, Patten, Boyd, Merritt etc are great support players and damage teams by chiming into the line as an extra runner which is exactly what Kemp could do for us at fullback.

imo Hoffman would do that better. Kemp is a finisher.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
m1c said:
Well put it this way then.. I think Hoffman and Beale are both better players. I guess we shall see if Henjack shares my sentiments come round 1.

Of the lot I think Hoffman is the best 'allround' in the sense he can probably develop in both ways at fullback, but right at this second depending on how he trials I think Kemp will make the biggest impact immediately.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
The Gymp said:
m1c said:

Of the lot I think Hoffman is the best 'allround' in the sense he can probably develop in both ways at fullback, but right at this second depending on how he trials I think Kemp will make the biggest impact immediately.

+1

Again Kemp has shown he can finish a Locky play and in 2009 Wallace took his game to another level in regards to kicking ect and im sure Kemp will be able to finish them to.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
draggx said:
The Gymp said:
m1c said:

+1

Again Kemp has shown he can finish a Locky play and in 2009 Wallace took his game to another level in regards to kicking ect and im sure Kemp will be able to finish them to.

Watch the highlights of Broncos v Parra at Suncorp Stadium in 2008...and tell me again why Kemp can't have an impact on the left wing.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Kemp 1st with hoffman a very close 2nd. I'd be happy with either both very good players and Hoffman has shown some awesome potential.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
draggx said:

got any facts to back that up?

we dont need a fullback to be a playmaker, we need a fullback to be a fullback. Slater is the best going around, daylight is second. lets not get into this again anyway.

I voted Kemp, but Beale or Hoffman would be fine with me. as long as fullbacks not lockyer, and we have enough people to keep michaels out of the team, im happy.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Anonymous person said:
draggx said:

got any facts to back that up?

Depends can we find some career stats? hunt was awesome at setting up tries

Anonymous person said:
we dont need a fullback to be a playmaker, we need a fullback to be a fullback. Slater is the best going around, daylight is second. lets not get into this again anyway.

yes slater is damn good at finishing of other peoples work. Hayne creates his own. Hunt puts his wingers over. There is maybe a small footpath between Slater and Hayne not daylight. The differnce between Slater and Hayne. Slater needs someone to put him over. Hayne doesnt.

Anonymous person said:
I voted Kemp, but Beale or Hoffman would be fine with me. as long as fullbacks not lockyer, and we have enough people to keep michaels out of the team, im happy.

Cant argue here thou.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
draggx said:
hunt was awesome at setting up tries

yes slater is damn good at finishing of other peoples work. Hayne creates his own. Hunt puts his wingers over. There is maybe a small footpath between Slater and Hayne not daylight. The differnce between Slater and Hayne. Slater needs someone to put him over. Hayne doesnt.
hunt never actually set up tries though, he just threw the last pass. in the second man play that was our go-to move, it was lockyer who actually set up the try, despite Hunt throwing the last pass. Lockyer is the one who draws the defenders, makes them come out of the line, and gets the ball back to Hunt who then simply has to draw and pass. it could be any other player in the team doing Hunts job in that play, Lockyer is the one doing the setting up. Yes, Hunt was good at his job in that play, he did it to perfection pretty much every time - but he didnt set it up.

i dont think you can say that slater needs someone to put him over, even though yes, he is a great finisher. he probably scores more long distance tries just from making a break himself than any other player. you have to remember, yes Hayne played awesome for that last 10 weeks or so, with only a few average games in there - but Slater played like that pretty much every single game in 2007-2008.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
No, i dont think any player could do Hunts role the way Hunt did. he knew the very second to pass he drew defenders. And its obvious you cant stand him so i dont expect you to see that. But Hunt deserves alot of credit for those tries.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Waynesaurus
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • Morkel
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.