OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Other

Votes: 36 63.2%

• Total voters
I swear there are a large percentage of people on here (regular posters) who still can't differentiate between a five-eighth and a halfback.

On this topic, our hookers currently consist of one defensive (Smoothy), one attacking (Mozer) and two utilities (Walters and Paix). The club wants to offload Paix, leaving us with only one utility. Billy's utility value is experience in the halves, making him less of a defensive liability, but he really isn't much chop in attack and offers very little impact from the bench. He can't chase kicks, run down intercepts or pull out length of the field tries in the way a genuine 6 would do. He doesn't have the speed or the ticker. We do not have an impact utility, and no one to cover a forward and back role.

In the future, this means the Top 30 has been structured so that Billy is undroppable, yet frustratingly inadequate. Mozer would not be as safe in the halves as Billy, regardless of how much better he is at his primary role. Even if Billy is injured, elevating Mozer would weaken our flexibility in the halves, especially with an eggshell like Reynolds.

Whoever is planning our Roster is either in denial of this massive fault-line or is gifting Billy a job for life at the expense of the team. Your conspiracy theory goes here. And please, someone gatekeep him by telling us how CHEAP he is.

Tell us what you really mean without telling us what you really mean.

If Reyno decides to retire at the end of 2025, that lines up perfectly with Sam Walker coming off contract. The question answers itself.

Rogers given a 2 year extension, I'm glad he's getting his shot while Jock is out.
He could turn out to be what we need in that position.
There might be some interest for him though if/when the new Perth team comes in and a chance for him to play for his home state.
Could work out well for us if Black kicks on. Reynolds>Rogers>Black

I swear there are a large percentage of people on here (regular posters) who still can't differentiate between a five-eighth and a halfback.
....only when McCunt joins in.
He can't help himself not to throw a barb or two at either or both father & son Walters on any given occasion.
Tell us what you really mean without telling us what you really mean.
who-would-you-pick-as-the-next-broncos-number-7.

Says in those stats Billy is a 5/8 ?
Does this mean Budget Billy can only cover one of these positions?

So much salt every time this bloke's name is mentioned.

Does this mean Budget Billy can only cover one of these positions?

So much salt every time this bloke's name is mentioned.

He came as a 6 who could play 9 .
Never heard of him being a 7 other than if the 7 got injured mid game .

Even now with 3 hookers on the books Rogers replaces Madden .
Kinda indicates to me he`s 3 or 4 on the list of #7s , and unlikely to be picked as a #7 on a Tuesday .

Outside backs might need cover .
#7 whose name is not Reynolds? Redundant.

Given this discussion is about halfbacks, why are we talking him about in this thread?

I use the term "we" very lightly.
Some people get the shakes when a thread is multiple pages in without a mention of the Coaches Son, the topic is irrelevant details.

Got to say at this point I'm very much hoping we get Sam Walker as Reynos replacement, that would be the ideal scenario for our team long term as all our key players will be around the same age and can go on a long term success trajectory.

I'm seeing things this year that give me hope for his development long term, I think he already has the 7 assertive mentality down pat his kicking game is getting there, and so is his passing game, the last two will get better with time but his mentality is what makes me think it is a good idea long term if we get him.

With time and combinations we would ideally have most of the future QLD spine in our team, and that is ideally what makes a great Broncos team like the old days.

Got to say at this point I'm very much hoping we get Sam Walker as Reynos replacement, that would be the ideal scenario for our team long term as all our key players will be around the same age and can go on a long term success trajectory.

I'm seeing things this year that give me hope for his development long term, I think he already has the 7 assertive mentality down pat his kicking game is getting there, and so is his passing game, the last two will get better with time but his mentality is what makes me think it is a good idea long term if we get him.

With time and combinations we would ideally have most of the future QLD spine in our team, and that is ideally what makes a great Broncos team like the old days.
I just can't see any way that we can afford him.

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • Ozired
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • FACTHUNT
  • simplythebest
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Foordy
  • barker
  • Lurker
  • RodF
  • Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • BRC088
  • the_next
  • Johnny92
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.