OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters
Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
If you watched the way the club heads handled the sacking announcement, I think you'll find those two blokes might be the ones needing to be sacked.

Apples and oranges .
We are talkin 60m #7s remember ?

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
I kinda lost sight of the thread title........ ie who will replace Arey.
and was more taken aback by what I considered as a rather savage and tbh, unwarranted critic of Madden's game against the Sharks.

Truth be told....as a back up, I've been pleasantly surprised by Jock's game. I think from his beginning to now, there's been substantial improvement. Will he continue to improve.....only time will tell. How much will he improve?.....I do think he has a limited ceiling.

Is he the future halfback of the club....I don't think so, although that said.......with the likes of Walsh and Mam being the creative strike weapons.....
what do we need from Jock/future half? Someone to steer us around.......get us good field position and defend well in his own right?

Maybe I'm alone in thinking most of ARey's onfield performances have been.........mehh
or maybe he's just been injured and off the field so much, that I just can't remember? I'm sure he's doing more for us off the field than on it.

Dunno......can't help the feeling that if we were full strength minus Arey........we still have the strength to win a premiership with Madden. I don't believe he is the reason we aren't winning games.
The thing I have noticed with Madden is that he looks more comfortable out on the left. I know it's unconventional, but if Mam is ok playing on the right, could we switch them and put the Halfback on the left and five eighth on the right?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The thing I have noticed with Madden is that he looks more comfortable out on the left. I know it's unconventional, but if Mam is ok playing on the right, could we switch them and put the Halfback on the left and five eighth on the right?
He’s more comfortable when our forward pack is doing its job

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Warriors have looked so much better with Martin as halfback....

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'd be disappointed if we aren't at least enquiring about Sexton.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What are we doing with Sexton though? He’s an nrl level half now. If he comes here he is backup.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What are we doing with Sexton though? He’s an nrl level half now. If he comes here he is backup.

Is he though? Reynolds is going to be missing more than he is playing moving forward I think. His body seems just about done.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

I think that ship has sailed. The dogs have looked so much better with him beside Burton.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I think that ship has sailed. The dogs have looked so much better with him beside Burton.
Dogs have the young halfback coming through... played for NSW U19's

I think he's moved up to NSW Cup this year and going really well there as well... or he's moved up a grade last year and got player of the year so he's moved up another grade again this year and is killing it again... 🤔🤔

I think @Sproj is suggesting Sexton, because his time at the dogs may be numbered when the young guy comes through

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
What is annoying though is that Sexton is probably only viewed as a stop-gap solution by the Bulldogs until one of their juniors is ready for NRL. Until that happens, which would likely be 2 years on from now, he is pretty much guaranteed first grade games by staying at the Bulldogs. It's unlikely that we'd be able to land him before that, only to be a backup for Reynolds.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Dogs have the young halfback coming through... played for NSW U19's

I think he's moved up to NSW Cup this year and going really well there as well... or he's moved up a grade last year and got player of the year so he's moved up another grade again this year and is killing it again... 🤔🤔

I think @Sproj is suggesting Sexton, because his time at the dogs may be numbered when the young guy comes through
Mitchell Woods is signed until 2027.

NRL squad next year. Hasn't played Cup yet but captain of the SG Ball this year that lost to the Dragons and SG player of the year.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Honestly given Walkers contract situation aligns perfectly with Reynolds I wouldn't be against it given his uptick in ability seen this year.

We need to look for someone at this point and if the contract isn't stupidly costly it could make sense, we need a 7 who has an assertive game, madden clearly isn't it, Walker has it, the biggest concern would be how young our spine would be but that is something that can be worked on with time.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Honestly given Walkers contract situation aligns perfectly with Reynolds I wouldn't be against it given his uptick in ability seen this year.

We need to look for someone at this point and if the contract isn't stupidly costly it could make sense, we need a 7 who has an assertive game, madden clearly isn't it, Walker has it, the biggest concern would be how young our spine would be but that is something that can be worked on with time.
I just don’t think we can afford it. Be great to get him but the big $$ make it impossible

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I just don’t think we can afford it. Be great to get him but the big $$ make it impossible
he is from Brisbane and Roosters don't like to overpay I would say we are within a shot to atleast get him on similar money to what Roosters offer, he is most likely the next QLD 7 after DCE and Hunt retire.

objectively given Manu is gone after this year we have much better players in our team for him to work with.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Should we look at bringing back TMM?
he is a very similar player to Nicho Hynes when he plays 7, very involved in setting the line and passing but his kicking is questionable, I think his ability is limited if your looking for a premiership but would be well above what we have now(as in Madden not Reynolds) if we don't get the likes of a Walker.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I actually don't agree that he has an assertive game. I don't even think Walker is game managing half, which is what we need to replace Reyno.

beside his price tag will rule him out for us anyway, because you can guarantee if he comes onto the market, the contract required to get him would be stupidly costly

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I actually don't agree that he has an assertive game. I don't even think Walker is game managing half, which is what we need to replace Reyno.

beside his price tag will rule him out for us anyway, because you can guarantee if he comes onto the market, the contract required to get him would be stupidly costly
From What I have seen I have to disagree, but It's a hard thing to prove, but he has a good kicking game and their team gets it to him for kicks which suggest he is getting his view across for that to happen thus the assertive.

He will be costly but I would only match the Roosters offer no more, we have our advantages over that team that I feel could bring him to us(us being in Brisbane where he is from and having better players).

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BruiserMk1
  • Lozza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.