NEWS Why Haas Rejected 6m Offer

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
If this plays out and Haas is still a Bronco next season, and all this blows over and was literally just a media circus, then thats all well and good.

But jeez after recent history with the Broncos losing big name players to other clubs, i would not be in the least bit surprised to see Haas playing for the Roosters next year.

If that happens then the Broncos have released him and they've made that choice for whatever reason.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Ideally we hold firm & put our money where it needs to be in the spine and Haas sucks it up for the next few years while Willson, Carrigan, Flegler & Hetherington continue to develop & then he can go off to those greener pastures having fulfilled his contract.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
We do know that SBW and his crew are playing up his value, and hinting at him joining the Roosters before his contract ends.

We even had Gus come out and verify his management had approached the Bulldogs.
Then you have several well know NRL media outlets stating that there is potential trouble with Haas and his contract and he is looking elsewhere.

This is not just mild media speculation people are reacting to, its rife and it seems to be gaining more traction with each day.

After Coates and Fifita and TPJ is it any wonder people are skeptical?
When did Gus say this??

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I Just want Haas to address all this bullshit and come out and categorically state that as far as he is concerned all this issue has been media generated, and that he is fully committed to the Broncos until the end of his current contract. Further, he hopes (if the terms are favourable for both parties) to stay beyond that if the club is back regularly playing finals footy.

Sadly we are not hearing Haas saying he loves the club that has developed him and supported him. We're not hearing he really appreciates the Broncos giving him a pay rise when it was not required, that he has been treated more than fair by the club and would like to repay that with a strong show of loyalty to the club.

If the big boof head feels he is bigger than our club, then it's up to DD and Ikin to salvage as much as they can from shipping him out and get the disruptive element off our books.

It doesn't really matter how much we are paying him, if he does not want to help rebuild the club - move him on. Remember too he was our starting prop when we were at the foot of the table. Regardless what he was getting paid his inclusion in the side did not make a blind bit of difference to our poor results.

He also haas to remember that Allah put him and his family in Brisbane for a reason. If he listens to those jackals in Sydney he is sadly being misled.
Praise be to Allan.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
When did Gus say this??
Was like a week ago.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Was like a week ago.
That is the thing, it says reportedly. I have not seen it confirmed anywhere by the Bulldogs or by Haas' management that they have met. On 100% Footy Gould said he was not worth $1M but said nothing about the Bulldogs meeting him or anything like that.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I Just want Haas to address all this bullshit and come out and categorically state that as far as he is concerned all this issue has been media generated, and that he is fully committed to the Broncos until the end of his current contract. Further, he hopes (if the terms are favourable for both parties) to stay beyond that if the club is back regularly playing finals footy.

Sadly we are not hearing Haas saying he loves the club that has developed him and supported him. We're not hearing he really appreciates the Broncos giving him a pay rise when it was not required, that he has been treated more than fair by the club and would like to repay that with a strong show of loyalty to the club.

If the big boof head feels he is bigger than our club, then it's up to DD and Ikin to salvage as much as they can from shipping him out and get the disruptive element off our books.

It doesn't really matter how much we are paying him, if he does not want to help rebuild the club - move him on. Remember too he was our starting prop when we were at the foot of the table. Regardless what he was getting paid his inclusion in the side did not make a blind bit of difference to our poor results.

He also haas to remember that Allah put him and his family in Brisbane for a reason. If he listens to those jackals in Sydney he is sadly being misled.
Pretty sure Allah put him in Newcastle and he moved to Gold Coast as a teenager. I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure he only moved to Brisbane this year.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Pretty sure Allah put him in Newcastle and he moved to Gold Coast as a teenager. I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure he only moved to Brisbane this year.

As well as a year with the Warriors too when he was 16 in 2016.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I would rather spend Haas's money on Harry Grant. That's how I feel about things.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Which would be great to see Donuts come out and shut it down. In fact, it doesn't even to be anything substantial. Something like:

"We have been disappointed to hear the innuendo in the media about our contracted player. We are investigating these rumours as in the NRL era, you are not allowed to try and get a player to instigate a release from a contract and it is disappointing to hear speculation of this in the media. We would expect those who are supposed to be influential in speaking about these things to do so professionally and with an understanding of the reality of the situation being spoken about and if they are not doing so, this becomes a grounds for libel which we certainly hope we never have to pursue. Any player who is found directly responsible for this will not be released and will not be playing first grade for the remainder of their contracted period with us elsewhere.

At the same time, if another club is trying to get in the ear of one of our players, and we are not saying this is the case here, we would obviously pursue this matter legally and take it up with the NRL as this would be a clear breach of contract law and any party from another club or being used by another club could become open to litigation.

Of course, all that said, we have acted in good faith with all of our players, even upgrading some as a show of good will and we hope that this is not forgotten in media reports around the club. As Ben mentioned the other day, we are happy with what we have at the club and will not be going to market. Any further comments in the media or elsewhere encouraging any players to break contract will be met with potential legal action which of course we hope we never have to pursue."
I dont think you go that far... I think Ikin (not DD) goes to a journo we trust and gives a statement along the lines of "we're in the process of working out an extension with Haas and as part of his own due diligence he is checking what his value is across the market. We welcome that not only from him but all our players.

Haas is still contracted till 2025 and there is no intention to release him early nor has there been any indication from Haas or his management that they're after a release.

We initiated discussions on an extension with Haas early in the piece to start the conversation, understanding that with a player of his calibre it wont be a simple straight forward approach and wanting to give both parties sufficient time to get a suitable deal done."

That explains why Haas' management is talking to clubs (I.e. valuation), hoses down talk of a release and why discussions have started so early when he still has 3yrs left.

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
I've got a few different takes on this whole sitiation.

Part of me thinks that the only way this noise stops is if we pay the bloke 1 million a year or he goes to the roosters where the general opinion is that he will end up at. My biggest issue is the noise this is creating is a distraction Payne and the club dont need. And given there is this much talk with still two years to run on his contract, thats a possible two more years of distraction.

What happens if Patty starts putting out Hass type numbers (to be honest hes not far behind) and flegs as well but they are been paid no where near a million? Suddenly we have in house problems.

Anothet part of me is pissed off that there is so much noise about this given he's still got 2 years to run on his contract. If james tedesco was coming off contract tomorrow you wouldn't hear a word about it. You also dont see former players, managers or other clubs jumping up and down because teddy, crighton and Manu are been paid under there value at the roosters. "COME NORTH FORGET THE SALARY CAP JOEY WE'LL GIVE YOU 1.1 MIL"

Another factor that needs to be brought to the table is his off field behaviour hasn't exactly been perfect and we've supported him through that so to say he owes us nothing is a cop out.

Realistically if we pay him a million a year we need him playing 80 mins a game with averages of 200+ meters a week and 40 tackles a week. We all know those kind of numbers will burn him out and you just can't put him through it. It's either that or he becomes an incredibly good ball playing lock who can almost play as a second 5/8 if he's to be paid 1 million.

Just to counteract everything i said earlier about the roosters been paid unders, here's a quick snapshot of zero tackle (yes i know it's zero tackle) reported sallaries for some of their players.

James Tedesco: 1.1 million
Luke Keary:850k
Joey Manu:720k
Victor radley:500k (😂😂)
JWH: 700k
No mention of Brandon Smiths value for next year or sam walker or joseph suali. Given at least walker and suali will be demanding more money in future years and the play from the roosters is JWH out for Hass in, roosters look to have about 700k to offer Hass?
They will move on Keary and JWH.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncoFan94
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.