NEWS Win five games or you're sacked Seibold

I'm really still curious to what changed after round one and two with the group. Something seriously went wrong in that break...I really cannot understand what has changed the dynamic so much.
Look at how we exited the comp last year.
Nothing changed in the covid-19 break.
I think the first two games of the season were an anomaly, what we have seen since, is the new norm for this Broncos outfit.
The senior players, the coach, and the admin are the ones responsible for this mess.
The younger players get a pass due to inexperience and following the lead of the older players who are setting a poor example.

Gut the club, clean out the rot, anything short of this will result in no change.

What options are on the table?
Kevvie
Kearney
Toovey
Elliot
Fitzgibbons
Hodges
Walkers

Anyone else worth looking at?

The point that Gus makes at the 5 minute mark is the most important one of the segment.

You've gotta pick players that you're happy to lose with.

That might seem trivial, but it's actually vital. There's no way Seibold is sitting back after a loss and thinking 'Well at least we got some more minutes and experience into the legs of Darius Boyd, he'll improve because of that game'.

Drop the players that aren't in the future plans of the club, drop the players that are clearly not putting in the effort on the field every week, drop the players who aren't training their ass off at training. Pick your 1-17 based on effort. It's pretty simple.

Gus is right about all the kids who aren't ready for NRL football. Niu is obviously the biggest example, and you could argue that Coates, Farnworth, Paix and Flegler could use their experience to develop a bit in QLD cup too (if it was still around this year). Dearden applies here too, he'd have more pressure on him than pretty much all the other rookies combined, so maybe Seibold is doing the right thing in delaying him from being in FG, even if Milford and Croft are stinking it up like an old nursing home patient on laxatives.

I am a Titan's fan, so if you wish, take this with a grain of salt, however coming from a family of Bronco's fans I do watch most of their games. I honestly think last year you were 'lucky' to win as many games as you did. I say that as from what I saw individual brilliance seemed to be winning you quite a few games (mainly through Turpin and Fafita, possibly even Staggs) over well executed attack etc. This put a patch over some poorer performances which showed cracks. Hence this year with the loss of such players your attack against decent defensive teams has looked impotent at best (I would know a thing or two about that). Furthermore, possibly due to lack of experience, the ability to deal with setbacks has been terrible. A 50/50 call against them or a deficit on the scoreboard and your players can't seem to deal with it. This was highlighted in the Manly game when calls started going against them and points just leaked (thought you were hard done by). These are why I feel sorry for Siebold in part, however, the resilience one should be his job to deal with. You'll be a better team once Fafita, Turpin and Staggs are back but realistically relying on a hooker, second rower, and centre says a lot about recruitment and retention of late. The spine is weak as currently. Didn't know where the right thread was so apologies if wrong. Interested to hear your thoughts.

I am a Titan's fan, so if you wish, take this with a grain of salt, however coming from a family of Bronco's fans I do watch most of their games. I honestly think last year you were 'lucky' to win as many games as you did. I say that as from what I saw individual brilliance seemed to be winning you quite a few games (mainly through Turpin and Fafita, possibly even Staggs) over well executed attack etc. This put a patch over some poorer performances which showed cracks. Hence this year with the loss of such players your attack against decent defensive teams has looked impotent at best (I would know a thing or two about that). Furthermore, possibly due to lack of experience, the ability to deal with setbacks has been terrible. A 50/50 call against them or a deficit on the scoreboard and your players can't seem to deal with it. This was highlighted in the Manly game when calls started going against them and points just leaked (thought you were hard done by). These are why I feel sorry for Siebold in part, however, the resilience one should be his job to deal with. You'll be a better team once Fafita, Turpin and Staggs are back but realistically relying on a hooker, second rower, and centre says a lot about recruitment and retention of late. The spine is weak as currently. Didn't know where the right thread was so apologies if wrong. Interested to hear your thoughts.
I think this is spot on, and a valuable point of view.
This is an unbiased perspective from a person not invested in the club as a fan, and for the most part 100% correct.
Well said The Don.

You’re not wrong, and most of us round here would come to the post game threads last year after a win and still tear the team apart because we could see the wins were papering over the glaring inadequacies. we hoped for change after the Finals capitulation, that coach Would drop certain underperforming stars and that would happen this year, misguided optimism as it turns out.

Out of interest, who were our senior players on Saturday night? Um, Boyd, Milford, Offa, Oates. and Luke. Oates is now out. Have I missed anyone? So who gets dropped, and who replaces who? Not much experience left for the Storm, not that that matters it seems. What a roster!

Out of interest, who were our senior players on Saturday night? Um, Boyd, Milford, Offa, Oates. and Luke. Oates is now out. Have I missed anyone? So who gets dropped, and who replaces who? Not much experience left for the Storm, not that that matters it seems. What a roster!

Isn’t Luke out as well ? I guess you could include old man teo as a senior player.

Of course. Luke will be out. Leaves T'eo, Milford, Offa and Boyd. Sheesh.
This is why there needs to be accountability across the entire club. From the players, through the coaching staff right up to the admin.
Whoever is responsible for the state of our roster needs to shoulder their part of the blame for this.
**** knows how we fix it though.

In today's CM:

Boyd:

“It‘s not like we don’t train or don’t prepare for games. It‘s disappointing because we have a lot of support at home and we have a lot of fans who love the Broncos. It has a rich history. It‘s not an excuse, it’s hard being out there as a player and tossing up some of the performance we are. Myself included, sometimes we feel lost on where to go next. You can cop a loss, but when you lose by 30-plus points consistently, then you really need to look at some changes.”

Oates:

“I feel for Seibs. We have to lift for him. I don‘t think any coach would want to go through this. It’s tough. It hurts.”

Milford:

“It‘s an attitude thing, making sure we stay in the fight. It‘s back to the drawing board, work on things we can improve on and take a good look at ourselves.”

McHunt

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.